Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On 27/11/2023 at 10:43, kingcarr21 said:

Great game, i would highly recommend going for the platinum trophy, which will mean you get the final ending. It wraps the story up nicely.

I am playing Eiyuden Chronicle Rising, one of the games added to the PS Premium library. Only a couple of hours in but i am enjoying the art style and combat. I'm also a sucker for games that have a home base that you can upgrade with resources etc. Ni No Kuni 2 i was obsessed with this mechanic.

The story hasn't really got into gear yet but i feel like i am about to get going. The first couple of hours have been spent doing fetch quests but these quests have introduced various characters and the different shops in the village nicely, there is also a fast travel system and a map similar to Metroid where it gives you hints on direction to go etc, so you never feel like you are wandering aimlessly hoping to find what you are looking for.

I get the feeling this will be a very enjoyable game. 

Just about to beat the final boss on Hard difficulty which completes another platinum trophy, 20 hours. An enjoyable game but i can see it not being some peoples cup of tea. A lot of fetch quests but with the fast travel and knowing where to go they can be very easy quests. Story is ok nothing mindblowing however i love the art style, the characters and how easy it is to pick up and play. 

8 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just about to beat the final boss on Hard difficulty which completes another platinum trophy, 20 hours. An enjoyable game but i can see it not being some peoples cup of tea. A lot of fetch quests but with the fast travel and knowing where to go they can be very easy quests. Story is ok nothing mindblowing however i love the art style, the characters and how easy it is to pick up and play. 

Roki is an easy platinum.  8 hours.  Did that the other week.  Although you may miss one or two trophies without following a guide - which is what I did so had to go all the way back to the start to catch the one I needed using a second playthrough to get to it.

Was trying to find something new to play. Nothing really jumps out at me atm. Then i remembered i downloaded Ys 9 Monstrum Nox after i finished playing Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana, which i really enjoyed. I do love a good RPG and if its similar to Lacrimosa of Dana then im sure i will enjoy Monstrum Nox. Very early into the game and the story has already intrigued me.

I feel like Playstation Premium has so many games to play but i just cant bring myself to get into something. Downloaded FarCry Primal this morning as i have yet to play it. I was 5 mins in and already gave up on it. Just didnt grip me.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Was trying to find something new to play. Nothing really jumps out at me atm. Then i remembered i downloaded Ys 9 Monstrum Nox after i finished playing Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana, which i really enjoyed. I do love a good RPG and if its similar to Lacrimosa of Dana then im sure i will enjoy Monstrum Nox. Very early into the game and the story has already intrigued me.

I feel like Playstation Premium has so many games to play but i just cant bring myself to get into something. Downloaded FarCry Primal this morning as i have yet to play it. I was 5 mins in and already gave up on it. Just didnt grip me.

I'm the same. Feel like the past few months or PS Plus offerings have been really poor, especially with the price hike.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

4 hours ago, Libertine said:

I'm the same. Feel like the past few months or PS Plus offerings have been really poor, especially with the price hike.

image.png.5e9e19a98a1241d3377dbb0f48e112c4.png

Yes!  Just what I always wanted for a Tuesday evening download!

lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I'm actually intrigued with that game. I may just try it out 😂

I washed the van and now I'm cleaning someone's back garden.  There's something quite relaxing about it.  Makes a change from RE4 Remake.  RE4 Remake is brilliant so far, liking the subtle changes and the level of challenge feels higher than the original.

11 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I washed the van and now I'm cleaning someone's back garden.  There's something quite relaxing about it.  Makes a change from RE4 Remake.  RE4 Remake is brilliant so far, liking the subtle changes and the level of challenge feels higher than the original.

Im downloading it now. It just sounds like one of those games where you can zone out and lose track of time lol 

35 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Not played it before but got the Witcher 3 with all the DLC etc. during Black Friday. Heard a lot of people say it's in their top 5 games of all time so excited to give it a whirl.

It's almost without fault, enjoy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Not played it before but got the Witcher 3 with all the DLC etc. during Black Friday. Heard a lot of people say it's in their top 5 games of all time so excited to give it a whirl.

To be able to play that game without knowing what happens would be an absolute joy. Get into the card game Gwent. You can spend hours playing that.

Its certainly up there as one of the most complete RPG games ever

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Im also now cleaning the back garden. Its a great game just as a pick me up and play and its certainly therapeutic. its nice to have a change of pace

So I've downloaded Warzone again and was going to play it after the football. 

Instead I have spent approx 3 hours washing a playground. Only just finished.

What am I doing with my life 😂. I kept telling myself to stop and go to bed but found myself wanting to clean the dinosaur slide so badly lol

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

What am I doing with my life 😂. I kept telling myself to stop and go to bed but found myself wanting to clean the dinosaur slide so badly lol

Lol

You didn't miss out seeing as they ****ed the launch up massively by springing a 50gb update at launch time 

****ing idiots

• Haha 1

On 07/12/2023 at 01:44, kingcarr21 said:

Have you made a purchase yet?  The Ultra X U2 will cater for all of your washing requirements and, together with the short extensible wand, will speed up your power washing requests, halving the time needed on jobs.  lol

31 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Have you made a purchase yet?  The Ultra X U2 will cater for all of your washing requirements and, together with the short extensible wand, will speed up your power washing requests, halving the time needed on jobs.  lol

I'm currently saving up for the final power washer. I've played the game a lot. It was so annoying when using the red nozzle for the hard bits but you're right. Get the better washers and it's a breeze.

• Like 1

I bought an external HD a few weeks back for my series x as I was sick to death of having no room on my hard drive for any new games. Was so sick of playing the same games I thought I would download some new ones , so I went on my games list and saw a few old games from Xbox 360 & xbox one that I've owned over the years and forgot. So after half filling my EHD I decided to play Limbo which I do remember starting when it came out and never played it to the end. It was brilliant! It's not normally the sort of game I'd play but I was hooked. I was gutted when I completed it but on my dashboard I had a suggested game which was a game called Inside which was made by the same studio. Again I was hooked, couldn't wait to get home from work to play it 😂. I finished that too, although its a bit of a strange game (well the ending ((IYKYK)) I really enjoyed it. I've not been involved in a game like these 2 for a long time. Anyone have any other suggestions like these? Had a look at one called subliminal but that got a wee bit strange.

21 hours ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

I bought an external HD a few weeks back for my series x as I was sick to death of having no room on my hard drive for any new games. Was so sick of playing the same games I thought I would download some new ones , so I went on my games list and saw a few old games from Xbox 360 & xbox one that I've owned over the years and forgot. So after half filling my EHD I decided to play Limbo which I do remember starting when it came out and never played it to the end. It was brilliant! It's not normally the sort of game I'd play but I was hooked. I was gutted when I completed it but on my dashboard I had a suggested game which was a game called Inside which was made by the same studio. Again I was hooked, couldn't wait to get home from work to play it 😂. I finished that too, although its a bit of a strange game (well the ending ((IYKYK)) I really enjoyed it. I've not been involved in a game like these 2 for a long time. Anyone have any other suggestions like these? Had a look at one called subliminal but that got a wee bit strange.

The one that sprang to mind instantly was Little nightmares. Watch a trailer and see what you think, very much in the limbo/inside mould.

• Thanks 1

Been having a good go on Ready or Not. Only played it during early access when it was a bit iffy. They released the 1.0 version of it the other day and it's a massive improvement. Great fun to play with mates and genuinely a successor for Swat 4.

On 10/12/2023 at 12:49, kingcarr21 said:

I'm currently saving up for the final power washer. I've played the game a lot. It was so annoying when using the red nozzle for the hard bits but you're right. Get the better washers and it's a breeze.

I've just done the carousel and the drill.  I'm trying to mop up trophies as I go.  Need to go back and do a few at the start that I missed.  Can do those in free play with the better gear should be quicker.  Platinum should be doable, just need a ton of patience.  lol

Have you finished the career yet?

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've just done the carousel and the drill.  I'm trying to mop up trophies as I go.  Need to go back and do a few at the start that I missed.  Can do those in free play with the better gear should be quicker.  Platinum should be doable, just need a ton of patience.  lol

Have you finished the career yet?

I am on the fortune tellers wagon. 

Yes I made the mistake of not looking at the trophies. I'll finish the career then go back.

The best washer makes a big difference. 

• Like 1