Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

20 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Not sure I'll do platinum on FF16.  Can't see myself sticking with it once the game is done.  The side missions are sending me to sleep.  

I did every mission possible. But they are so bland. They are all fetch quests that involve a couple of battles and a lot of fast travel. It's why FF16 will only ever be just a good game and nothing more. The battle with Bahamut will always be the peak of that game

• Like 1

I’ve been playing midnight sunday and absolutely love it. 

If you love the old turn based style of Final fantasy 7 or pokémon and like marvel, you’ll love it.

I wasn’t sure when i heard it was card based but all that does is randomize attacks and add to the strategy. 

Seriously wicked game 

Was doing it takes two with the missus but went to play it the other day and they’d taken it off the ps catalogue and 35 quid to buy so will leave that one now, I’ve played through it before and really enjoyed it but missus was loving it so a shame. Plumped for Man Of Medan as really enjoyed Until Dawn. 4 hours later and the credits were rolling?! Very underwhelming offering, story was boring and gameplay was underwhelming. Will try the next one in the series as they’re about all I can think of that’s on the catalogue that’s a suitable couch co op experience. Will go through until dawn again next I think.

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Was doing it takes two with the missus but went to play it the other day and they’d taken it off the ps catalogue and 35 quid to buy so will leave that one now, I’ve played through it before and really enjoyed it but missus was loving it so a shame. Plumped for Man Of Medan as really enjoyed Until Dawn. 4 hours later and the credits were rolling?! Very underwhelming offering, story was boring and gameplay was underwhelming. Will try the next one in the series as they’re about all I can think of that’s on the catalogue that’s a suitable couch co op experience. Will go through until dawn again next I think.

Until Dawn is getting a remastered version for PS5/PC.  Might be worth holding out until it's released.  No date yet but was quoted as 'soon'.

7 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Have you tried Detroit become human? That's a good game with a similar narrative style gameplay

On 19/01/2024 at 09:16, Sol thewall Bamba said:

COD4 Remastered veteran run through. It's fine until you hit One Shot One Kill and the ending of that mission is basically impossible without cheesing it and hiding somewhere. Then to follow that with Heat is pretty brutal, again pretty much impossible without exploits. 

Not played the remastered version but does it still rain nonstop grenades at the higher difficulty levels? 

14 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Re-downloaded Fortnite for the Lego thing, assuming it was just Fortnite with Legos. Was surprised that it's basically Lego Minecraft, which is pretty fun so far.

my lad has recently started on fortnite ... he's 8. And he's bloody good at it from what i can see! he has it on his switch but also got it on the ps5 under my gamertag so i have joined him on occasion. i used to be a dab hand at COD MW and MW2, this is very similar  although i can't do the quick fire building to defend. i just run in with a shotty and smash them up.

• Like 1

I can't decide what to do..... 

1 - Just buy it and play it 

2 - Replay FF7 remake first because I've forgotten most of it and then go straight into FF7R

3 - Play the original FF7 first and then dive in. 

Tempted by 3 as never actually played it all the way through before! 

3 hours ago, syston_fox said:

2 - Replay FF7 remake first because I've forgotten most of it and then go straight into FF7R

I'm contemplating playing the remake for a third time all the way through.  If you've not done Intermission, then I would do it all again for your second(?) playthrough.  Intermission is worth it.

Still doing FFXVI myself.  Just at the point where I'm about to destroy the final crystal, so pretty much endgame.  Lots still to do though I imagine before taking on Ultima at the end.  In terms of story, this is the best FF since X, bar 7 remake of course.  Gameplay is a little harder now, the behemoth and Barnabas almost had me a couple of times.  Still haven't died once yet in game though lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue

4 hours ago, syston_fox said:

:o

17 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm contemplating playing the remake for a third time all the way through.  If you've not done Intermission, then I would do it all again for your second(?) playthrough.  Intermission is worth it.

Still doing FFXVI myself.  Just at the point where I'm about to destroy the final crystal, so pretty much endgame.  Lots still to do though I imagine before taking on Ultima at the end.  In terms of story, this is the best FF since X, bar 7 remake of course.  Gameplay is a little harder now, the behemoth and Barnabas almost had me a couple of times.  Still haven't died once yet in game though lol

I'm playing FF7 Remake for the first time, currently on chapter 9. Is it recommended to play Intermission after completing the main story?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amin said:

I'm playing FF7 Remake for the first time, currently on chapter 9. Is it recommended to play Intermission after completing the main story?

Yes, do that.  

Intermission will take you up to 'a major plot point' (no spoilers) in the main story and fills in a few gaps along the way.  Playing as Yuffie is cool too.

• Thanks 1

FF7 Rebirth. Im already having withdrawal from it. Im sat here working thinking about when i can play again. Im not even out of Kalm yet and i already love it.

This game will hit all the feels. I cant imagine playing it without having the nostalgia that takes me back to being a kid playing FF7. 

Also im quite enjoying Queens Blood. I love that they have took this classic game and put in some nice additional features to make it seem like im playing a game that i dont already know how the story goes.

It also makes me remember just how much i love Sephiroth

• Like 2

Incredibly jealous of those playing FF7 again. 

Really wish they'd remake all of the classic PS1 era games. 7, 8, 9. Although Square have pretty much categorically said that they won't as it's too much of an undertaking. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

FF7 Rebirth. Im already having withdrawal from it. Im sat here working thinking about when i can play again. Im not even out of Kalm yet and i already love it.

This game will hit all the feels. I cant imagine playing it without having the nostalgia that takes me back to being a kid playing FF7. 

Also im quite enjoying Queens Blood. I love that they have took this classic game and put in some nice additional features to make it seem like im playing a game that i dont already know how the story goes.

It also makes me remember just how much i love Sephiroth

I'd just sit all day listening to the soundtracks.  They've completely smashed it this time.