Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On 07/01/2024 at 19:45, Ian Nacho said:

Anything on game pass that is worth a go?

Not on game pass (it's free) but The Finals is a really fun take on an FPS. Destructive environment and different classes and abilities etc.

Edited by bmt

4 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The ending to A Plague Tale Requiem is absolutely brutal.  A brilliant story and an incredible soundtrack to boot.  Well worth a run through.  

I started this yesterday. Watched a YouTube vid of the first game to get an understanding of the story. I've just experienced my first encounter with rats. Seems like an interesting game but it annoys me that it's not easily shown where you need to go. Found myself running round aimlessly getting attacked cause I didn't know where to go. I'm sure once I play a bit more I'll get the hang of it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I started this yesterday. Watched a YouTube vid of the first game to get an understanding of the story. I've just experienced my first encounter with rats. Seems like an interesting game but it annoys me that it's not easily shown where you need to go. Found myself running round aimlessly getting attacked cause I didn't know where to go. I'm sure once I play a bit more I'll get the hang of it

If there's one criticism I would aim at it, it's the fact that some, but not all, open areas don't quite work.  It's a very linear and very one path to get from A to B experience in the previous game which I liked.  In this one, the options are more varied in terms of taking down enemies and avoiding rats but that makes the gameplay a little looser as a result and I prefer it best when it's linear.  However, to make comparisons about the gameplay is missing the point.  The game is, without a doubt, one of the best narrative pieces in any game period.  The soundtrack is also equally as impressive.  Excellent work from Asobo Studio.  I would recommend playing through the first one if you can because to fully get the characters, you need to become them and the first game does a great job of establishing the relationship between the sister and the brother and setting up the story in the second game.  Stick with it though, the story is a rollercoaster and that ending really is something else.  There's nothing like it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If there's one criticism I would aim at it, it's the fact that some, but not all, open areas don't quite work.  It's a very linear and very one path to get from A to B experience in the previous game which I liked.  In this one, the options are more varied in terms of taking down enemies and avoiding rats but that makes the gameplay a little looser as a result and I prefer it best when it's linear.  However, to make comparisons about the gameplay is missing the point.  The game is, without a doubt, one of the best narrative pieces in any game period.  The soundtrack is also equally as impressive.  Excellent work from Asobo Studio.  I would recommend playing through the first one if you can because to fully get the characters, you need to become them and the first game does a great job of establishing the relationship between the sister and the brother and setting up the story in the second game.  Stick with it though, the story is a rollercoaster and that ending really is something else.  There's nothing like it.

So I've played a bit more of it tonight. I think I'm enjoying it but I find the areas a little boring. The game is also a little buggy. I've had to restart areas twice now because Lucas looks to be having a brain fart and him freezing has stopped me from opening the next door to move on.

I've just escaped a dungeon and just managed to find my sling and nightshade. No idea how long this game is but your words have sold it to me to try and get to the end of the story

The story has intrigued me however. And I am a huge lover of the Uncharted series which I feel this has taken a lot of elements from. 

COD4 Remastered veteran run through. It's fine until you hit One Shot One Kill and the ending of that mission is basically impossible without cheesing it and hiding somewhere. Then to follow that with Heat is pretty brutal, again pretty much impossible without exploits. 

Plague Tale Requiem. Really starting to get into the story. I'm intrigued in how the story ends after @Legend_in_blue comments. Now I'm picking up different alchemical ammo I'm starting to get through the rats with no real problems. Though I've still died many times. 

Just got to the Sea Scorpion. 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2024 at 11:37, kingcarr21 said:

Plague Tale Requiem. Really starting to get into the story. I'm intrigued in how the story ends after @Legend_in_blue comments. Now I'm picking up different alchemical ammo I'm starting to get through the rats with no real problems. Though I've still died many times. 

Just got to the Sea Scorpion. 

I'm glad i continued with this game. I think the disconnect i had due to not playing the first game i found myself a little bored. But as the story has progressed it has really piqued my interest.

One thing i do really find annoying is the lack of being able to easily kill people. I do find the sneaking around a little tiresome sometimes. You never have enough Crossbow bolts or pots to take on the number of people. Also its really annoying when i cant take a lit torch with me when i climb a small wall. Why wouldn't you put the torch on top of the wall before climbing up? If you were in this rat infestation you would carry a torch at all times.

Im just about to leave the island.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Glad I'm not the only one sick enough to have got involved in this thing...

It’s the colonial slave master simulator I have been craving these many years……

On 22/01/2024 at 10:54, kingcarr21 said:

I'm glad i continued with this game. I think the disconnect i had due to not playing the first game i found myself a little bored. But as the story has progressed it has really piqued my interest.

One thing i do really find annoying is the lack of being able to easily kill people. I do find the sneaking around a little tiresome sometimes. You never have enough Crossbow bolts or pots to take on the number of people. Also its really annoying when i cant take a lit torch with me when i climb a small wall. Why wouldn't you put the torch on top of the wall before climbing up? If you were in this rat infestation you would carry a torch at all times.

Im just about to leave the island.

I hope you enjoy the task of taking out the soldiers just before you leave the island.  lol 

That was the hardest combat section in the game.

If you upgrade the crossbow to max you can recycle the bolts which gives you unlimited ammo to an extent.  You still have to wait for bolts to spawn though in some of those tricky combat situations.

Enjoy Marseille.  It's a brilliant finish.

15 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I hope you enjoy the task of taking out the soldiers just before you leave the island.  lol 

That was the hardest combat section in the game.

If you upgrade the crossbow to max you can recycle the bolts which gives you unlimited ammo to an extent.  You still have to wait for bolts to spawn though in some of those tricky combat situations.

Enjoy Marseille.  It's a brilliant finish.

I finished the game yesterday.

Yea the multiple enemy sections were just annoying. Why does nobody run? 

I focused on my skills on the wrong areas. I went for the ability to upgrade at any time which was kinda pointless. So then I went for the max crossbow and found myself only 2 pieces away from maxing it out when I finished the story. Very annoying.

All in all an enjoyable game. 

EDIT - I took some detail out from what I said as it could be a bit of a spoiler.

Edited by kingcarr21

I've now started Resident Evil 2. Already quite far into it and I'm enjoying it. Had a couple of jumpy moments.

I hate it when the Tyrant is constantly chasing you. Always hated games where things chase you. It's why I refuse to replay Zelda Skyward Sword 😆

• Like 1

So ive finished Leons story on Resident Evil 2. Only took 5 and a half hours. Ive started Claire's story and as soon as the Tyrant has appeared i just think i cant be arsed anymore with running away from him. Its why i wont play Resident Evil 3. I HATE being chased in games. lol 

Ive heard good things about Outer Wilds. I made a start last night and got bored pretty quickly. The controls when in space are just too fiddly and not sure i can be arsed to fight with it

• Like 1

Just started off FFXVI having played the excellent demo last year.  FFVII Remake aside, this is the best FF since X imo.  Just finished the Garuda fight which was great.  Story shaping up nicely.  Only negative for me is the ease of the gameplay, hopefully it gets more difficult later on as at the moment it's not quite challenging enough.