Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

10 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yawn.  Assassins Creed Origins is becoming a chore 25 hours in.  Somebody please tell me the story is going to pick up?  The pyramids have been a complete let down so far.

Oh, and the combat is still too easy.  Phylakes are easy to take out as well.

If, like me, you try to clear the map to get the platinum it becomes mind numbing. Goes on and on forever. Preferred Syndicate and Unity tbh.

Edited by Guest

I've only just decided to have a few goes on PES 18 online and it seems I forgot the utter rage that this experience can send me into.

Firstly, I choose Leicester and always end up against either Real, Barca or Germany. Then, when I actually get to play Bologne and think this should be ok the connection is that bad that I cant change player and lose 6 nil lol.

We go again.

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

How long is this likely to take?  I think I can manage another 25 hours but no more!

What have you cleared so far?

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I've only just decided to have a few goes on PES 18 online and it seems I forgot the utter rage that this experience can send me into.

Firstly, I choose Leicester and always end up against either Real, Barca or Germany. Then, when I actually get to play Bologne and think this should be ok the connection is that bad that I cant change player and lose 6 nil lol.

We go again.

I bought pes the other day after having had enough of fifas momentum. No massive server problems for me yet. I am back to not knowing the controls though!

3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

What have you cleared so far?

I have fully completed everything to do in all the areas of the whole map up to the Giza area (all side quests, question marks, forts etc.) without going south of Giza into anything above level 30 or Memphis, Nome, Faiyum etc.  I've still got the two large pyramids to clear and the Hyena mission to finish in Giza however.  I haven't started the missions relating to the other two assassination contracts yet.  I've beaten the 3 Phylakes - level 20, 22 and 25.

20 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I have fully completed everything to do in all the areas of the whole map up to the Giza area (all side quests, question marks, forts etc.) without going south of Giza into anything above level 30 or Memphis, Nome, Faiyum etc.  I've still got the two large pyramids to clear and the Hyena mission to finish in Giza however.  I haven't started the missions relating to the other two assassination contracts yet.  I've beaten the 3 Phylakes - level 20, 22 and 25.

I just find the right hand side and top left hand  of the map incredibly tedious. Having endless fetch or kill quests is painful compared to just opening chests like in previous games. I was more than ready to finish. I'm not sure there's even a pay off tbh. Tbf I wasn't this down on the game at the time so perhaps you'll enjoy it more than I'm suggesting.

Guest seanfox778

Inside/Limbo double pack on PS4, creepy game but very simplistic to play, just 2 buttons and an anologue stick required. Reminds me of a dark Rayman.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 19:59, toddybad said:

I just find the right hand side and top left hand  of the map incredibly tedious. Having endless fetch or kill quests is painful compared to just opening chests like in previous games. I was more than ready to finish. I'm not sure there's even a pay off tbh. Tbf I wasn't this down on the game at the time so perhaps you'll enjoy it more than I'm suggesting.

I am trying to collect the last but one trophy apart from the main quest ones - the boom achievement.  I just have the locations one to do after this.  I cannot get it to unlock.  I have tried the various farming techniques suggested online but no luck.  When I fire the arrows at the jars with the bow that does fire damage, no XP pops up for each kill.  Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I am trying to collect the last but one trophy apart from the main quest ones - the boom achievement.  I just have the locations one to do after this.  I cannot get it to unlock.  I have tried the various farming techniques suggested online but no luck.  When I fire the arrows at the jars with the bow that does fire damage, no XP pops up for each kill.  Any ideas?

You need to use fire arrows.

9 hours ago, toddybad said:

You need to use fire arrows.

Thanks for the tip.  I assumed I was, but it turns out I wasn't.  I changed to the smoke and mirrors bow but still didn't get xp for downing the guards at Dasos hideout.  

Pissed off I went to Alexandria to try there at the barracks in the north part of town.  It went badly, I took no more than 5 out, still no xp and then died.

And then the trophy popped on the load screen.  lol

Bizarre.

@toddybad Be washing your mouth out with soap son, Unity is one of the biggest piles of stinking rubbish I have ever played, it actually ended all interest in the series for me!

Recently picked up Syndicate as it was free on Live and it's got the potential to get me interested again. Not liking the general noise about Origins though. 

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

@toddybad Be washing your mouth out with soap son, Unity is one of the biggest piles of stinking rubbish I have ever played, it actually ended all interest in the series for me!

Recently picked up Syndicate as it was free on Live and it's got the potential to get me interested again. Not liking the general noise about Origins though. 

I got unity after it had been fixed and I thought it was pretty decent for an ac game.

I wouldn't have been happy if I'd have got it day one though.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

I got unity after it had been fixed and I thought it was pretty decent for an ac game.

I wouldn't have been happy if I'd have got it day one though.

Oh I had it fixed, it was still dire. Did not like it at all.

The whole series is just such vanilla gaming, the actual game play has such little too it.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The whole series is just such vanilla gaming, the actual game play has such little too it.

AC 2 (I think it was 2, where you played as Ezio) was by far the best Creed game. Absolutely loved that one.

Since then its gone massively downhill. Not even bothered playing the more recent AC games. From the looks of this thread Ive not missed out on much.

The last one I played was set in America, AC 3 I believe, that one was piss poor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There's some truth to that, yeah. I think of them as the sort of game that you just sit back, don't have to think too much and can just enjoy the recreated world. 

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

There's some truth to that, yeah. I think of them as the sort of game that you just sit back, don't have to think too much and can just enjoy the recreated world. 

That's where it's strengths are yes I agree. Probably one of the reasons I didn't like Unity, a cockney Paris wasn't exactly immersive lol 

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

AC 2 (I think it was 2, where you played as Ezio) was by far the best Creed game. Absolutely loved that one.

Since then its gone massively downhill. Not even bothered playing the more recent AC games. From the looks of this thread Ive not missed out on much.

The last one I played was set in America, AC 3 I believe, that one was piss poor.

AC2 is the best one.  Black Flag was decent as well.  AC3 was awful.  The character you played was terrible.  The guy you play in Origins isn't great either and by and large the story, amongst a whole heap of side quests, isn't great.  There's something about it though that has warranted 58 hours up until now in attempting to finish it.

The series went downhill when they killed off Desmond in the present day.  Since then, it's like, let's just jump in an animus and find out some history.  Present day holds no relevance.

22 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

AC2 is the best one.  Black Flag was decent as well.  AC3 was awful.  The character you played was terrible.  The guy you play in Origins isn't great either and by and large the story, amongst a whole heap of side quests, isn't great.  There's something about it though that has warranted 58 hours up until now in attempting to finish it.

The series went downhill when they killed off Desmond in the present day.  Since then, it's like, let's just jump in an animus and find out some history.  Present day holds no relevance.

That, and everything else that is wrong with the series from an innovation point of view, is down to the fact they've insisted on bringing 10 main games out in the series's what, 11 year history? 

It is not surprising they struggle for idea's on stories and game play innovations when they are just churning out games at the rate they are. 

Path of Exile
I am looking forward to the new Incursion league. One of the most interesting free MMO RPGs.
Some call PoE the successor to Diablo 2 and I agree with that. Everyone played probably in Diablo 2, Path of Exile is much more elaborate. A very extensive alchemi department and PvP exchange using currency (in PoE currency to orbs).
A very large selection of items and builds.
A very relaxing game, free to play.