Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Haven't played Rocket League in a long while but I always enjoyed hogging keeper (not that it's really hogging if nobody else is willing to do it) with the occasional foray forwards to try bag a long range worldy.  Really good way to practice your boost  control too, just watch out for fellow defensive players so you don't end up with the situation mentioned above... Not that it was ever really a problem when I was playing

3 hours ago, TeePee said:

Oh yeah, I know how to do it, it's just I was finding that I'd spent so much time focusing on aerials in free practice etc, where you're supposed to be going for every ball regardless of the game situation etc, that I was catching myself doing it in games out of habit - going for long-range aerials from the back and leaving us exposed and so on.

Frustratingly, even though the dreaded 'ball chaser' epidemic has died down a bit, there now seems to be a real outbreak at the moment of 'lazy' players who don't move up the pitch when attacking - as a player who loves an assist (particularly the devastating fast and low ball along the edge of the 'penalty area') there's nothing more annoying than looking for the alternative to just mashing the ball into the corner and hoping for a lucky bounce and seeing that both your teammates are still sat in your own half. :nono:

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Haven't played Rocket League in a long while but I always enjoyed hogging keeper (not that it's really hogging if nobody else is willing to do it) with the occasional foray forwards to try bag a long range worldy.  Really good way to practice your boost  control too, just watch out for fellow defensive players so you don't end up with the situation mentioned above... Not that it was ever really a problem when I was playing

what rank are you both in doubles / threes? 

7 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

what rank are you both in doubles / threes? 

Doubles I was mid to high diamond with my last partner, but he now has a regular game at Champion level, so we don't play much anymore. Trios I've generally been around the top half of plat, but I don't really have a regular group in that, so it's been kind of up and down. 

1 minute ago, TeePee said:

Doubles I was mid to high diamond with my last partner, but he now has a regular game at Champion level, so we don't play much anymore. Trios I've generally been around the top half of plat, but I don't really have a regular group in that, so it's been kind of up and down. 

interesting - I've been floating about plat 2 / plat 3 in doubles for a while. I play with one mate and we have a pretty good understanding of each other's game and can come up with some nice passing moves, etc.

in threes I play with the same mate and my other best friend but he's a bit budget when it comes to defensive work, bit of a ball chaser and gets in the way a fair bit. we haven't had a decent third person for some time. you on PS4? reckon we could all push on into diamond with a decent third person. 

6 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

'kys' is a personal favourite or the sarcastic 'what a save'

my favourites

'keep practices' 

'u shud try it' - the repeat answer to anything anyone else types

'hi' 

'die in ur sleep 2nite plz'

'try knitting instead'

it's so childish but everyone does it - it's as much part of the game as the game itself, imo. lol

Edited by lifted*fox

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

interesting - I've been floating about plat 2 / plat 3 in doubles for a while. I play with one mate and we have a pretty good understanding of each other's game and can come up with some nice passing moves, etc.

in threes I play with the same mate and my other best friend but he's a bit budget when it comes to defensive work, bit of a ball chaser and gets in the way a fair bit. we haven't had a decent third person for some time. you on PS4? reckon we could all push on into diamond with a decent third person. 

Ah, PC here. Looks like that plan's on hold until Psyonix get that cross-play working properly!

So I'm finally on the Dead Cells train after being gifted the game (one way to get around the price/value issue).  First impression is that it has more depth than I expected with the permanent ability unlocks altering what you can accomplish on your next run in a more satisfying manner than simply giving you steadily stronger firepower (presuming that vines isn't the only one). Second impression is that I need to adapt my ponderous kill everything, look everywhere approach or I'm really going to struggle with the timer doors, first one I've come across was just inside the 2nd level and had been shut for ten minutes already! lol

Btw, how do I find challenge portals? I discovered one by pure chance fiddling around at the start of my first run but ignored it to explore a bit more then died before I could go back to it... I don't know what I did to trigger it and the 3 runs since haven't offered any further clues (or I missed them).  Does an unactivated challenge portal show up on the teleport map?

• Like 1

I think challenge portals appear after killing 20 enemies without taking damage. Or something similar. Don't worry about timer doors unless you're aiming to boss rush and farm cells. The first timer door is a very short window, the other 3 or 4 after it are longer and you will make them occasionally anyway once you're quicker and stronger. 

Early on taking your time will be more beneficial as you'll level up and be able to progress and unlock things. 

Also remember that you don't need to unlock every single weapon. Sometimes it pays off to keep the item pool a bit smaller to increase your chance of getting a build you like. I have two save files, one with everything unlocked for fun combos and then another with select weapons for certain build types. 

• Thanks 1

Man, I really like the look of Dead Cells, but I keep holding off as it seems like exactly the sort of game that would turn up in a Humble Bundle or Monthly Bundle, and it's been out long enough that it now seems like it could drop at any time. I know exactly what will happen - I'll cave in, buy it, and then suddenly it's in the Monthly Bundle. :frusty:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TeePee said:

Man, I really like the look of Dead Cells, but I keep holding off as it seems like exactly the sort of game that would turn up in a Humble Bundle or Monthly Bundle, and it's been out long enough that it now seems like it could drop at any time. I know exactly what will happen - I'll cave in, buy it, and then suddenly it's in the Monthly Bundle. :frusty:

Rep point for your profile pic. Archer is an absolute hero lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Ni No Kuni 2 - though I'm really hating the missions where I have to run around delivering stuff. Too much like real life.

Funnily enough I came on here to type about Ni No Kuni 2. I was on the verge of trading it in as it just didn't grip me like the first one did. I kept telling myself to stick with it in the hope it would pick up.

Now I have started my kingdom I can see now that after chapter 3 the game really starts to come to life. I'm going to enjoy building my kingdom. How far into the game are you? Any tips on finding people to join my kingdom?

Finally finished Heavy Rain.  Completed without anyone dying unlocking all the silvers.  Don't think I can be arsed with the platinum though just to unlock every possible ending.

Onto Beyond Two Souls next.  God of War is favourably priced on PSN as well so may go for that at 32 quid.

Too many titles and not enough time...!

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Finally finished Heavy Rain.  Completed without anyone dying unlocking all the silvers.  Don't think I can be arsed with the platinum though just to unlock every possible ending.

Onto Beyond Two Souls next.  God of War is favourably priced on PSN as well so may go for that at 32 quid.

Too many titles and not enough time...!

God of War is class. Really enjoyed the game. If you like the previous GoW games then you wont be disappointed.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

God of War is class. Really enjoyed the game. If you like the previous GoW games then you wont be disappointed.

Yes, completed the previous three.  Downloaded GOW3 once again off PSN with the PS+ free games for last month.  It's thanks to the decent offering on PS+ recently that has put me behind in terms of the latest games.

God of War, DQ11, Tomb Raider, Spiderman, Odyssey, Red Dead 2... the list grows ever longer! 

11 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Funnily enough I came on here to type about Ni No Kuni 2. I was on the verge of trading it in as it just didn't grip me like the first one did. I kept telling myself to stick with it in the hope it would pick up.

Now I have started my kingdom I can see now that after chapter 3 the game really starts to come to life. I'm going to enjoy building my kingdom. How far into the game are you? Any tips on finding people to join my kingdom?

Got a ship now and been to Hydropolis (chapter 4 I think).

Much like the first game, revisit places you've already been to (Goldpaw has loads) and you will find new people there. Check your map for blue circles with exclamation marks in.

12 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Got a ship now and been to Hydropolis (chapter 4 I think).

Much like the first game, revisit places you've already been to (Goldpaw has loads) and you will find new people there. Check your map for blue circles with exclamation marks in.

After playing again last night i've become addicted to the kingdom maker. I progressed the story a little more which unlocked the side quests which in turn unlocked the extra citizens. I have 21 citizens now so i'm close to Kingdom level 2.

With research only progressing when the game is on i'm tempted to leave it on and every half an hour go and collect my money. (I work from home lol)

Cant believe I was so close to trading the game in, so happy I stuck with it now. My wife hated how much time I spent on Fortnite. Well darling its going to get a lot worse with my kingdom lol