Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

14 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Not got a level 3 city, earning 150,000 midfielders every 30 mins and 450 items in your store then?

Currently have a level 2 city, 39 citizens and 44 buildings. All buildings upgraded to as far as they can go. All Research done to the point I need new citizens with specific skills.

80000 Every 15 mins approx. and 150 items.

I'm sat with over 500000 KGs in the coffers. Just started Broadleaf so I can start getting new citizens soon. I've been doing a lot of side-quests and skirmishes to build my level up and upgrade spells and Higgledies.

Current level is 43 for Evan. He's all I use.

LOVE THIS GAME

41 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Lots of talk of NK2 in here. Nearly platinumed it but just can't bring myself to keep running the Faraway Forest/Cave.

Should probably go back and do it. Enjoyed the game despite very samey.

Is any of the DLC out yet?

There's a free dlc called the adventure expansion (or something like that). Boddy, the sexy old minx, gives you a high level mission, plus a few other bits and Bob's.

49 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

There's a free dlc called the adventure expansion (or something like that). Boddy, the sexy old minx, gives you a high level mission, plus a few other bits and Bob's.

Oh yeah; I've done some of that, but not yet fully completed it.

Got a lot of time on my hands at present so perhaps I'll go back to it.

I do have DQ11 however....

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:18, kingcarr21 said:

Currently have a level 2 city, 39 citizens and 44 buildings. All buildings upgraded to as far as they can go. All Research done to the point I need new citizens with specific skills.

80000 Every 15 mins approx. and 150 items.

I'm sat with over 500000 KGs in the coffers. Just started Broadleaf so I can start getting new citizens soon. I've been doing a lot of side-quests and skirmishes to build my level up and upgrade spells and Higgledies.

Current level is 43 for Evan. He's all I use.

LOVE THIS GAME

Now have level 3 city, earning 800000 KG and have 61 buildings. 66 Citizens. This game is taking over my life. About to infiltrate Ding Dong Dell but want to be as maxed out as I can be with my kingdom.

Level 4 Kingdom, All Citizens and Buildings. Research complete but still have 3 to unlock. Think I will go for Platinum but going to have a lot of grinding to do. Only level 65 and the final dreamer door has a lvl 95 boss. Glad I stuck with Ni No Kuni 2. Meant ive not had the urge to go and get Red Dead on release. I didn't like RDR so now I can have a good look at the reviews and decide if its worth it.

46 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Level 4 Kingdom, All Citizens and Buildings. Research complete but still have 3 to unlock. Think I will go for Platinum but going to have a lot of grinding to do. Only level 65 and the final dreamer door has a lvl 95 boss. Glad I stuck with Ni No Kuni 2. Meant ive not had the urge to go and get Red Dead on release. I didn't like RDR so now I can have a good look at the reviews and decide if its worth it.

I am finding the platinum to be a real grind. PS4 crashed on level 16 of the final dreamers door recently as well, not been back it since.

As a tip, try to equip any weapons and armour that increase rare material drop rate (and tweak that in the options - I can't remember what its actually called, but the sliders?). Some of the rare materials are ridiculously rare and only really spawn for pickup or enemy drop in the higher levels of that dreamer's door.

Have a few runs through with the slider pushed toward experience, not money (money should be a complete irrelevance to you now) - and then you'll be ready for the boss (after making some of the higher grade weapons with your rare mats).

11 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Did you play the original Nino Kuni? 

If you did enjoy NK and NK2, I can recommend Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana (its title is something like that anyway), which has been on sale recently for about £15. Quite similar.

I did play Ni No Kuni. Drippy was proper random lol.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will look into it. (just googled it and its on the Switch, so will get it on that, I need a new switch game to play)

That's a good shout regarding the rare items, I noticed the last dreamer door is the only place to find the items needed for legendary equipment. Now I get so many items if I need money I can just sell items and materials, not really needed to use the tactic tweaker much so should focus on that again. Thanks for the tips

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I did play Ni No Kuni. Drippy was proper random lol.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will look into it. (just googled it and its on the Switch, so will get it on that, I need a new switch game to play)

That's a good shout regarding the rare items, I noticed the last dreamer door is the only place to find the items needed for legendary equipment. Now I get so many items if I need money I can just sell items and materials, not really needed to use the tactic tweaker much so should focus on that again. Thanks for the tips

I didn't use the tactic tweaker at all until the last dreamer door. 

Best of luck. Should be some more DLC coming soon so if you've really enjoyed it, you might want to look out for that. 

I thought NK2 was excellent just a bit too easy throughout and then a bit heap when you approach post end game stuff and the enemies just one-shot you. That said I did pour a lot of hours in to it. 

If if you really struggle on the boss, use tactic tweaker to strengthen against whatever element they are and use tani, equip best now you can make with added damage against their element and then just cheese the boss by dodging and firing from long range. Make sure you have the skill Which means you can't be one shotted ( it leaves you on one hp)

the skirmishes trophy is a nightmare since the ones you need never seem to spawn by the way ....

39 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I didn't use the tactic tweaker at all until the last dreamer door. 

Best of luck. Should be some more DLC coming soon so if you've really enjoyed it, you might want to look out for that. 

I thought NK2 was excellent just a bit too easy throughout and then a bit heap when you approach post end game stuff and the enemies just one-shot you. That said I did pour a lot of hours in to it. 

If if you really struggle on the boss, use tactic tweaker to strengthen against whatever element they are and use tani, equip best now you can make with added damage against their element and then just cheese the boss by dodging and firing from long range. Make sure you have the skill Which means you can't be one shotted ( it leaves you on one hp)

the skirmishes trophy is a nightmare since the ones you need never seem to spawn by the way ....

Ive not used Tani throughout the whole game. Evan, Batu and Roland all the way, the game as a whole has been quite easy, only died once during the whole game and that was down to me being sloppy. Sounds like I will need to start shithousing the harder bosses from range then. I noticed Leander has a strong Dark magic spell so I feel like I need to upgrade that as my Astra spell with Evan is lethal.

Not noticed a skill for leaving 1HP. Will keep an eye out for that. Ive done a fair few skirmishes so would like to think im not far off getting the trophy. Will see how I get on with that.

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ive not used Tani throughout the whole game. Evan, Batu and Roland all the way, the game as a whole has been quite easy, only died once during the whole game and that was down to me being sloppy. Sounds like I will need to start shithousing the harder bosses from range then. I noticed Leander has a strong Dark magic spell so I feel like I need to upgrade that as my Astra spell with Evan is lethal.

Not noticed a skill for leaving 1HP. Will keep an eye out for that. Ive done a fair few skirmishes so would like to think im not far off getting the trophy. Will see how I get on with that.

Its an equipment trait mate - I can't remember the name of it. I think its on rings and accessories.

On 29/10/2018 at 08:16, kingcarr21 said:

:appl:

Finished too, just need a couple more citizens to get level 4 kingdom. Had a pop at the Faraway Forest dreamers door, but quit after taking nearly an hour to level 16. Characters level 74-76.

Think I enjoyed the first one more, but this is still very, very good.

10 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

:appl:

Finished too, just need a couple more citizens to get level 4 kingdom. Had a pop at the Faraway Forest dreamers door, but quit after taking nearly an hour to level 16. Characters level 74-76.

Think I enjoyed the first one more, but this is still very, very good.

I had to google my last 2 citizens. Couldn't believe I missed them. I'm level 70 now, been going round fighting the tainted monsters and looking for higgledy stones.

I went in the last dreamer door and went to level 10 before leaving. I'm at the point now where I need the 5 star items to upgrade the best gear. So I guess I will have to adjust the tactic tweaker, wear items that raise rare item finds and raise the danger level in the dreamer door just to stand a chance of finding them.

There are a couple of videos on Youtube on ways to gain fast levels. I may have to be sneaky and do one of these as i'm not sure I have the patience to grind lol 

The Witcher 3.

This is my first time playing. Early days, but I'm experiencing what I'm coining 'open-world anxiety' with it at the moment - just seems so much to learn and master! I thought gaming was supposed to be fun! lol

The last action RPG of this ilk I played was Horizon Zero Dawn which I thought was absolutely superb, and perfectly judged in terms of the size and scope of the world and lore. Plenty to keep you entertained and busy, but not to the point of getting overwhelmed. I'm sure I'll get used to The Witcher soon enough, although I dread to think how I'll get on with RDR2 when I eventually get round to it (I've told myself not to buy any more games until I've worked through this ridiculous back catalogue I've built up!).

On 01/11/2018 at 08:08, kingcarr21 said:

I had to google my last 2 citizens. Couldn't believe I missed them. I'm level 70 now, been going round fighting the tainted monsters and looking for higgledy stones.

I went in the last dreamer door and went to level 10 before leaving. I'm at the point now where I need the 5 star items to upgrade the best gear. So I guess I will have to adjust the tactic tweaker, wear items that raise rare item finds and raise the danger level in the dreamer door just to stand a chance of finding them.

There are a couple of videos on Youtube on ways to gain fast levels. I may have to be sneaky and do one of these as i'm not sure I have the patience to grind lol 

Level 4 kingdom. 

Thought getting Senturi, (century? The hundredth citizen?) was going to be hard because I'm struggling to beat the tainted monster Sporespew, which is 3 or 4 levels below the Starless Knight, but it was quite easy. Tyran was probably harder because I've really not gotten into the skirmishes. They were just an annoying distraction for me. Which is a shame, because if I want to 100% it, I'll need to do some more.

10 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Level 4 kingdom. 

Thought getting Senturi, (century? The hundredth citizen?) was going to be hard because I'm struggling to beat the tainted monster Sporespew, which is 3 or 4 levels below the Starless Knight, but it was quite easy. Tyran was probably harder because I've really not gotten into the skirmishes. They were just an annoying distraction for me. Which is a shame, because if I want to 100% it, I'll need to do some more.

I quite like the skirmishes. Think I’ve done 30. I had 1 go on the 50th tainted monster but died. Not sure which one sporespew is. Is that the mushroom that heals itself? Or is that the secret monster in the sewer of Ding Dong Dell?

i died on the starless knight but I was sloppy. 2nd time I won quite easy. Astra ruined him.

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:57, egg_fried_rice said:

The Witcher 3.

This is my first time playing. Early days, but I'm experiencing what I'm coining 'open-world anxiety' with it at the moment - just seems so much to learn and master! I thought gaming was supposed to be fun! lol

The last action RPG of this ilk I played was Horizon Zero Dawn which I thought was absolutely superb, and perfectly judged in terms of the size and scope of the world and lore. Plenty to keep you entertained and busy, but not to the point of getting overwhelmed. I'm sure I'll get used to The Witcher soon enough, although I dread to think how I'll get on with RDR2 when I eventually get round to it (I've told myself not to buy any more games until I've worked through this ridiculous back catalogue I've built up!).

I've just started this back up myself.  It is huge.  I last played it 3 years ago and broke off to finish something else.  Still in act 1, have only just reached Novigrad and am level 13. 

It will consume hours.  Many hours.

HZD is still better imo.  lol

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I quite like the skirmishes. Think I’ve done 30. I had 1 go on the 50th tainted monster but died. Not sure which one sporespew is. Is that the mushroom that heals itself? Or is that the secret monster in the sewer of Ding Dong Dell?

i died on the starless knight but I was sloppy. 2nd time I won quite easy. Astra ruined him.

Yeah the mushroom.

I posted on here months and months ago saying I was just starting Witcher 3. I am now level 32 and getting towards the end of the main game. I have completed endless side quests, gwent games and fist fights. Absolutely love the game and refuse to play another until I complete it.

....I say complete it, do most people stop playing at the end of the main quest? I understand there are some additional blood and wine quests. I have no interest in just monster killing to gain XP.