Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Finally started a Baldur's gate campaign.  The 2e rules took a little adjusting but I've got it now.  Still in early game and melee characters feel pretty useless with the damage they take vs what they can deal, mostly I just use them to kite and distract enemies while my ranged fighters deal damage.  Feel they could have done with tweaking the mage rules a bit to give them some more spells, as it is my one just uses his one sleep spell in tight spots like that house with the spiders and spends the rest of his time throwing darts which are at least cheap.  I suppose the answer is that stops being the case later on when wands and such become more common.

On 14/02/2018 at 09:18, Beliall said:

I have origins, it a decent creed game but it suffers from the usual ubisoft shite of massive world with too much to do. it feels like a far cry game. i recently played the last guardian.. that was a good game

Yes. Way too big. Competed this a few weeks ago. The right hand side of the map had too many uninteresting destinations and the left hand side apart from siwa was a waste of time. Should have just focused the game on siwa, giza and the two lake areas.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to starting MGSV: The Phantom Pain.

Enjoying it so far as I'm a sucker for a stealth game, and love MGS, Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater.

As per usual there's a lot of superfluous, bloated waffling in overly-long cutscenes... But that's what makes a MGS title. 

Although... Despite it being a stealth flick it feels like it gives you a lot of tools to kill people, but then slaps you on the wrist and tells you you're naughty if you do so.

Edited by RoboFox

Just been playing The Council. I quite liked it, but you don't get very much game for the money. I paid out twenty five quid for the first episode - if all the subsequent episodes are free, then okay, but I have a nasty feeling each additional installment in the saga will come at a similar price...in which case they can fcuk right off

Edited by Uranyl Yellow
grammar

Finally got around to buying Witcher 3, but after talking to a friend i think i have screwed up and should have got and played 1 & 2 1st? 

Question is do i buy and play these or just play the 3rd one and if i like it, buy the earlier ones or will it spoil the experience?

Agggghhhh 

8 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Finally got around to buying Witcher 3, but after talking to a friend i think i have screwed up and should have got and played 1 & 2 1st? 

Question is do i buy and play these or just play the 3rd one and if i like it, buy the earlier ones or will it spoil the experience?

Agggghhhh 

just play the third one, is the best (game of all time) and technically, the story starts there, as is shown in the books. any character references are explained in the bio in game if you want to read that while you play

• Thanks 1

On 16/03/2018 at 18:09, Carl the Llama said:

Finally started a Baldur's gate campaign.  The 2e rules took a little adjusting but I've got it now.  Still in early game and melee characters feel pretty useless with the damage they take vs what they can deal, mostly I just use them to kite and distract enemies while my ranged fighters deal damage.  Feel they could have done with tweaking the mage rules a bit to give them some more spells, as it is my one just uses his one sleep spell in tight spots like that house with the spiders and spends the rest of his time throwing darts which are at least cheap.  I suppose the answer is that stops being the case later on when wands and such become more common.

BG or BG2?

I enjoyed BG1, but BG2 is by far the better game, IMO.

6 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Also been playing this. Fun game. 

I liked it more than my daughter did lol . another platinum too.

Bit sad to be collecting platinums at my age...

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

BG or BG2?

I enjoyed BG1, but BG2 is by far the better game, IMO.

1 but I've heard the same about 2 and it's just a matter of finding the time to get onto it, since my last post I still haven't progressed beyond the side quests in Beregost to give you an idea of how much opportunity I get to put time into games these days...

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

1 but I've heard the same about 2 and it's just a matter of finding the time to get onto it, since my last post I still haven't progressed beyond the side quests in Beregost to give you an idea of how much opportunity I get to put time into games these days...

Yeah, it's a lengthy game, and one of those ones that's difficult to come back to if you've had a while out.

BG2 is in my (probably controversial) opinion, the best game ever made (well, tied with Dark Souls 1) 

23 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

It's quite a short game by modern rpg standards.

21 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Yeah, it's a lengthy game, and one of those ones that's difficult to come back to if you've had a while out.

BG2 is in my (probably controversial) opinion, the best game ever made (well, tied with Dark Souls 1) 

It's definitely up there.

2 hours ago, sk3since03 said:

Far Cry 5

I threw a spade at someones head

Went Fishing

Attacked by bear

Great so far 

so jealous man, i cant buy any games till i replace my SSD. things gonna die real soon

On 26/03/2018 at 20:58, Carl the Llama said:

When you've played stuff like Divinity, you'll realise that the gameplay particularly in combat, for BG is very outdated. 

The story and the scale of it are just brilliant, though. 

The series definitely comes alive in Shadows of Amn. 

PS: GO FOR THE EYES, BOO, GO FOR THE EYES! 

On 29/03/2018 at 12:48, Finnegan said:

When you've played stuff like Divinity, you'll realise that the gameplay particularly in combat, for BG is very outdated. 

The story and the scale of it are just brilliant, though. 

The series definitely comes alive in Shadows of Amn. 

PS: GO FOR THE EYES, BOO, GO FOR THE EYES! 

butt kicking for goodness.

On 29/03/2018 at 07:54, sk3since03 said:

Far Cry 5

I threw a spade at someones head

Went Fishing

Attacked by bear

Great so far 

Was looking for a thread for Far Cry, as tempted to buy FC 5.

Would you recommend it currently?

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Was looking for a thread for Far Cry, as tempted to buy FC 5.

Would you recommend it currently?

im browsing the interwebs looking for a cheaper copy, its a tad expensive but im hearing great things.

• Thanks 1