Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS

Streamers are the best bet for the next display imo, problem is they're quite costly. They come in packs of 5, and at the current exchange rate they're £2.88 a pack, meaning to cover the same 380 ish seats that we did on Saturday it would cost us £219. There is a price break after £300 but I'm not sure what percentage it is. To cover the whole Kop (8000 odd seats), would cost over £4500   :nigel:

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

Perhaps the players would like to pay for them, as a thank you for the brilliant support we - especially sk1 - have given them this season? Ungrateful buggers, their acknowledgment of the fans on Saturday was shameful. 3 of them came over the halfway line at the end, the rest couldn't wait to get in their lambos and clear off

My mate baker11 I think he is called on here sits up the, I would be keen on moving up there next season as I don't have to travel to London every bleeding two weeks. What's the odds of getting a 'standers seat' up there? And will more people be joining next season?

My mate baker11 I think he is called on here sits up the, I would be keen on moving up there next season as I don't have to travel to London every bleeding two weeks. What's the odds of getting a 'standers seat' up there? And will more people be joining next season?

Yep, top lad Baker. Get yourself up there. The section's definitely getting better the more people who stand up there get to know each other.

Dont think twice about it, just get yourself up there. You'll meet some great lads and have a right laugh, both before and during the game. And afterwards sweeping up! I mean, do you get to do that anywhere else in the ground? Personally, if I was going just for the football, I'd have jacked it in by now, but me and Tom have such a bloody good day out, and its all thanks to the great lads and lasses in SK1

At the risk of getting a canning. And those who do know me know I'm not trying to be negative.

But this insistence on having new songs every week. Really is heading down the fosse boys route.

Whilst there is nothing wrong with a broad song book if your aim really is to involve more people and spread this across the kop you really need to do attempt not to ailenate people who aren't part of your group.

If your going to try and introduce new songs every few weeks your best bet is to try arrange to get to away games in your numbers. That way it tends to catch on quicker when 50 people out of 2000 join in and stick at it as opposed to 100 out of 30k.

Ps I'll chip in for a brush lol.

Tom. Do you design the flags yourself? Do they stay up between games now. Or do they have to be taken down?

At the risk of getting a canning. And those who do know me know I'm not trying to be negative.

But this insistence on having new songs every week. Really is heading down the fosse boys route.

Whilst there is nothing wrong with a broad song book if your aim really is to involve more people and spread this across the kop you really need to do attempt not to ailenate people who aren't part of your group.

If your going to try and introduce new songs every few weeks your best bet is to try arrange to get to away games in your numbers. That way it tends to catch on quicker when 50 people out of 2000 join in and stick at it as opposed to 100 out of 30k.

Tom. Do you design the flags yourself? Do they stay up between games now. Or do they have to be taken down?

Definitely take your point. Do need to be careful with that but we actually sang quite a few more in the pub that we later decided to shelve for the purposes of getting one (the Dusty one) going.

I don't think we have tried to force too many songs this year though? The Ulloa one was a success (as you allude to its success was almost entirely a result of Stoke away). Other than that I can't think of many others we've started?

In the main, individuals within the group design the flags and pay for them to be made by Ultrasshop.com. We take them down between games (so we can take away from home) and set them up around 10am on matchday.

Definitely take your point. Do need to be careful with that but we actually sang quite a few more in the pub that we later decided to shelve for the purposes of getting one (the Dusty one) going.

I don't think we have tried to force too many songs this year though? The Ulloa one was a success (as you allude to its success was almost entirely a result of Stoke away). Other than that I can't think of many others we've started?

In the main, individuals within the group design the flags and pay for them to be made by Ultrasshop.com. We take them down between games (so we can take away from home) and set them up around 10am on matchday.

How much do they cost to have printed?

I can print banners but not to fabrics.

Edited by Bayfox

Think that's a massive exaggeration personally. Can think of three genuinely new songs that've been tried in the section this season, and even then they've hardly been rammed down people's throats (sung twice a game at most when they've got an airing?)

It's a careful line you've got to tread though, I agree.

Personally don't see the problem with starting new chants. I would even go as far as saying a new chant each game is okay. If it gets going it's great. If not you move on.

the problem is if you want the group to grow and not be a clique you need to let people learn the songs you already have first then expand

• Like 1