Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Isle of Wight Fox 86

Championship Winning Medals

So apparently only 23 medals are given to the Club.

18 for players, one for the Manager, one for the physio, one for the club secretary (or equivalent) and two more for non-playing staff.

Just trying to work out the players. I think 16 are nailed on then it's two from KP, GTF and Hammond.

Physio? Are u sure?

Surely Craig Shakespeare deserves one ahead of Logan or the psysio.

Anyhoo its only a bit of metal. Nothing to stop the club minting a few extras and dishing them out to all the squad members.

Physio? Are u sure?

Surely Craig Shakespeare deserves one ahead of Logan or the psysio.

Anyhoo its only a bit of metal. Nothing to stop the club minting a few extras and dishing them out to all the squad members.

Yep. FL regulation 37.1:

The Club declared the Champion Club of each Division shall hold the Championship Trophy of that Division until the next Season's League Competition is concluded. When the winners of the trophies shall have been ascertained they shall be handed over to such winners who shall return the same to the Executive on or before 1 May in the following year in like good order and condition, provided always that the winning Club shall, from time to time throughout the year, on request from The League, release the trophy to The League for such purposes as The League shall require. The League shall present to the Championship Club of each Division 23 souvenirs comprising 18 for the Players, one for the chief administrator/club secretary, one for the Manager, one for the Physiotherapist and two for staff other than Players. It shall be the responsibility of the Club to determine to which of its Players the souvenirs should be presented. Additional souvenirs may be presented with the consent of the Executive.

18 for the players? Is this part of the new FFP rules to discourage massive squads, pretty studid limiting it to 18 when most teams use around 25-30 players in a season, even with our fairly settled side we have used 23 players in the league and 19 have made more than 10 appearances.

Yep. FL regulation 37.1:

It shall be the responsibility of the Club to determine to which of its Players the souvenirs should be presented. Additional souvenirs may be presented with the consent of the Executive.

This is what I thought. The club can buy additional medals if it feels it's necessary.

I'd give one to St Ledger as well. It's not just about what the players do on the pitch. We are a team. The likes of St Ledger and Logan are great personalities to have behind the scenes. They really help with the squad unity. It's not just about who's played the most minutes.

Can't fully understand the bile being spat at Conrad.....That he might be entitled to a medal, or picked up a player bonus is not his fault. He didn't make the rules, nor did he pick the team/squad every week. The fact that he's happy to 'warm the bench' week after week, season after season should earn applause for loyalty, not criticism... Notable that virtually all the 'keepers we've had over the last few seasons, full time and loanees, have praised his off-field contribution to the cause.

In this day and age 'one club' players are virtually an extinct species. Logan's never rocked the boat nor thrown his toys out.....I for one applaud him!

This!

He has a tough gig, the club won't let him go sale or loan as he is the back up. Not his fault our no.1 has played every game. Still only 28 to, in theory he has almost as long left in his career as he has had to date. Crazy stuff.

Having a dig at Conrad is similar to saying a Fireman should not get paid if he has not put any fires

out this month. His role is to come on during a match if Kasper gets injured. Hardly his fault Kasper

enjoyed an injury free season is it. Give him a medal.

Can't fully understand the bile being spat at Conrad.....That he might be entitled to a medal, or picked up a player bonus is not his fault. He didn't make the rules, nor did he pick the team/squad every week. The fact that he's happy to 'warm the bench' week after week, season after season should earn applause for loyalty, not criticism... Notable that virtually all the 'keepers we've had over the last few seasons, full time and loanees, have praised his off-field contribution to the cause.

In this day and age 'one club' players are virtually an extinct species. Logan's never rocked the boat nor thrown his toys out.....I for one applaud him!

Agree with this entirely! We have some real t**t of fans sometimes.

I would rather have someone like Conrad that is loyal and doesn't rock the boat, then someone he has the potential to cause friction amongst the goalkeepers.

Having a dig at Conrad is similar to saying a Fireman should not get paid if he has not put any fires

out this month. His role is to come on during a match if Kasper gets injured. Hardly his fault Kasper

enjoyed an injury free season is it. Give him a medal.

Yeah, but this fireman's not put out any fires for about ten years now. He just sits at the station while all the other firemen put out the fires.

I hope he plays against either Huddersfield or Doncaster. We've seen rotation in just about every other position and it would be nice for him to make a league appearance in a title winning season.

As for the medals I thought - like someone mentioned above - it was just being named in the squad but I guess the 10 bench appearances seems more plausible and is probably right.

I hope he plays against either Huddersfield or Doncaster. We've seen rotation in just about every other position and it would be nice for him to make a league appearance in a title winning season.

As for the medals I thought - like someone mentioned above - it was just being named in the squad but I guess the 10 bench appearances seems more plausible and is probably right.

Logan played against Middlesbrough in 2009-10 when we had made the play-offs so I'd expect he'll get a game in at least one of the last two matches. Fair enough really, if you're trying to create a squad ethic and a team spirit it's only fair that everyone gets a chance when it's reasonable for them to do so.

I would imagine the club will buy the extra medals. With this squad and the team spirit (something Pearson himself is very pro and has constantly reiterated it's a squad game) I would be really surprised were they to leave one of the lads out and not give them a medal.

Can't fully understand the bile being spat at Conrad.....That he might be entitled to a medal, or picked up a player bonus is not his fault. He didn't make the rules, nor did he pick the team/squad every week. The fact that he's happy to 'warm the bench' week after week, season after season  should earn applause for loyalty, not criticism... Notable that virtually all the 'keepers we've had over the last few seasons, full time and loanees, have praised his off-field contribution to the cause.

A 'one club' player that has made more appaearances for Stockport than he has for Leicester....?

Far from being a regulation tied to FFP, the inclusion of 'Club Secretary' sounds to me like this regulation was written in about 1920, when clubs probably went the whole season using 13 or 14 players and 18 was a generous allowance of medals for playing staff. I'm sure the club will cough up for extra medals, if the league says they can buy them. I'm in favour of everyone in the squad getting one - Conrad has played a role this season, in training every day and before every game. His job is to be ready to play if called upon, and (although we've not needed to test him) we have no evidence that he did that job badly. So he should be rewarded for the squad's success. That's kind of the definition of a team sport, isn't it?

Poor old Logan won’t get a medal.

Schmiecal, De Laet, Konchesky, Schlupp, Morgan, Wasly, Moore = 7

Drinkwater, King, James, Knockaert, Mahrez, Dyer, hammond = 7

Vardy, Nugent, Wood, = 3

That’s 17.

Taylor-Fletcher and Phillips will have to fight it out for the last medal. Seems harsh on one of them.

Miguel also will miss out. As will one-game wonder SSL.

Poor old Logan won’t get a medal.

Schmiecal, De Laet, Konchesky, Schlupp, Morgan, Wasly, Moore = 7

Drinkwater, King, James, Knockaert, Mahrez, Dyer, hammond = 7

Vardy, Nugent, Wood, = 3

That’s 17.

Taylor-Fletcher and Phillips will have to fight it out for the last medal. Seems harsh on one of them.

Miguel also will miss out. As will one-game wonder SSL.

All the players in the squad will get one, if they want one.

I think some of the players who have played few games or been injured have declined the offer of a medal.

That speaks volumes about their character in my book.

Let's all just enjoy our moment of glory, I for one didn't expect it.

There's highs and lows in football so I'm going to enjoy this, next season is a bonus so I will try and enjoy that too.

Archived