Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Goodbye to the Championship. What lasting memories do you share with us?

Celebrating like we'd won the league back when we were fighting relegation and a last minute Nils Eric Johansson goal to gain a win at Preston away seemed epic lol

Leicester: Logan, Stearman, Kisnorbo, McAuley (Horsfield 67), Johansson, Newton, Hughes, Wesolowski, Mattock, Fryatt (Cadamarteri 61), Hume.

Dear Lord, That team really was god-awful wasn't it?

One of my favourite moments - the celes after King scored at Deepdale and sealing a play-off place against the odds at FT, 09/10 season. The celes after the goal felt like they went on for about 20 minutes, absolute scenes.

Celebrating like we'd won the league back when we were fighting relegation and a last minute Nils Eric Johansson goal to gain a win at Preston away seemed epic lol

Leicester: Logan, Stearman, Kisnorbo, McAuley (Horsfield 67), Johansson, Newton, Hughes, Wesolowski, Mattock, Fryatt (Cadamarteri 61), Hume.

'It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times'

Four PL players in that side. :blink:

Dear Lord, That team really was god-awful wasn't it?

Well you say that but Stearman, McAuley, Mattock and Fryatt have since played in the Premier League. But yeah it wouldn't really inspire much enthusiasm but we were a shit championship team at the time with little money and some weren't too bad considering our position. I wouldnt be in a rush to swap any of them in now mind.

We'd have won the league with NP managing that side, FACT.

I actually think the best experience, not that I'd want to repeat it, was everything after Adam's second tenure in the Championship up until Pearsons appointment, I'd been somewhat spoilt as a football fan before that and it's taught me what it's like to actually be properly shit and have no light at the end of tunnel, it's made this whole walking the league and having something to look forward to much better.

This season will live long in the memory. The last day of last season at Forest was something special as well, really thought we'd win the playoffs after that, not at all bothered that we didn't now even if it would have been a great day out. So many great days home and away this year!

Nottingham Forest 2-3 Leicester City - the run in to that game was torturous so the relief when we won was massive.

Leicester City 3-0 Crystal Palace - seeing Nigel Pearson back in the technical area was on of the highlights of the championship. So much more reassuring than Sven or Sousa.

Goals wise it has to Howard vs Leeds, Wood vs Burnley and Knockaert vs Watford. Mind you the sky sports commentary for Konchesky's goal vs Wolves was brilliant too.

I actually think the best experience, not that I'd want to repeat it, was everything after Adam's second tenure in the Championship up until Pearsons appointment, I'd been somewhat spoilt as a football fan before that and it's taught me what it's like to actually be properly shit and have no light at the end of tunnel, it's made this whole walking the league and having something to look forward to much better.

I know what you mean. I endured (and I mean that) McLintock, Hamilton and Pleat, but at the time I always felt there was something better round the corner. In the Adams-to-Pearson interlude, I always thought it was going to get worse: and, of course, in the season before Pearson was first appointed, it did.

For me, this season has absolutely been the best ever, in my entire life as a City fan. To be honest, better than the one-offs of winning the League Cup or playoffs (good as those were) , better than finishing in the top ten of the Prem, better (even) than nearly winning the League/Cup double in 1963. This season, it all came right for us, and some of the football we've played has been a joy to watch.

I can't wait for August!

Archived