Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheRutlandfox

7000 Season tickets for new applicants now sold out Thurs 12:30

That's pretty damn quick. 

I don't remember season tickets selling out before in 03/04?  I guess it's the long absence this time as we'd only been out of the top flight for a season last time. 

If 23k is an accurate estimate of total season ticket holder numbers, allowing for 3.5k away fans including segregation we're looking at about 6k match tickets available for each game. 

The cynic in me is expecting a fairly poor value membership package as the idea of priority for home games will have more pull this season. 

As one of the 'new 7000' season ticket holders labelled by some as plastic:

a) I've had one before, just not for the last couple of seasons

b) My league one away days included Oldham and Colchester

c) I got to 17 games this season, including the joyous trip to Burnley

Supported the Club since 1974, reckon I've been to 500 or so games, so could we just quit with the whole 'I'm better than you' nonsense. We're all Leicester

Guest LCFC_World

Any one who's used a debit card.. Has the money been taken out your bank yet?

As one of the 'new 7000' season ticket holders labelled by some as plastic:

a) I've had one before, just not for the last couple of seasons

b) My league one away days included Oldham and Colchester

c) I got to 17 games this season, including the joyous trip to Burnley

Supported the Club since 1974, reckon I've been to 500 or so games, so could we just quit with the whole 'I'm better than you' nonsense. We're all Leicester

Why do people feel the need to make themselves out as victims this way? I bet there's hardly anyone who would define you as a plastic.

You've clearly shown you aren't a glory supporter who's only turning up because we're in the PL. Indeed the fact that you felt the need to tell everyone how committed you've been in the past shows that you think it is important, does it not? If it weren't important you wouldn't have said anything.

If, as you believe , commitment is important then surely I have the right to criticise those who really are glory supporting, who really are just turning up because we're successful?

If all sold then decent.

I don't get why new STH are explaining why they've got one this season..no need and really..who cares.

As long as you support through thick and thin..make an effort to make some noise..and DO NOT point to Wes Morgan and ask "Is that David Drinkwater".

Other than that..I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing the bigger crowd.

Love how there are so many defensive people on here - 'I couldn't afford one until this season!' 'I worked Saturdays until recently!' 'I was going to be getting one regardless!'. Seems quite the coincidence that about 7,000 people have suddenly decided to get a season ticket now that we just-so-happen to have been promoted...

Just admit you're jumping on the Premier League bandwagon like the other 6,999 new applicants, there's nothing to be ashamed of - you don't have to make up these lame excuses! 

:knock:  :knock:  :knock:

Why do people feel the need to make themselves out as victims this way? I bet there's hardly anyone who would define you as a plastic.

You've clearly shown you aren't a glory supporter who's only turning up because we're in the PL. Indeed the fact that you felt the need to tell everyone how committed you've been in the past shows that you think it is important, does it not? If it weren't important you wouldn't have said anything.

If, as you believe , commitment is important then surely I have the right to criticise those who really are glory supporting, who really are just turning up because we're successful?

Most season ticket holders are whinging w*****s. I say cancel them all and start again

If all sold then decent.

I don't get why new STH are explaining why they've got one this season..no need and really..who cares.

As long as you support through thick and thin..make an effort to make some noise..and DO NOT point to Wes Morgan and ask "Is that David Drinkwater".

Other than that..I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing the bigger crowd.

i had some 1 this season call matty james danny drinkwater and said to his friend are owners at japs lol

Harry - LCFC, on 08 May 2014 - 3:00 PM, said:

not feeling like a victim at all my friend, simply trying to make the point that we are all in it together, and I can't believe that there are that many people who have gone from complete armchair support to shelling out 450 quid or so for a season ticket. I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to get to every match next season due family / work commitments, so my season ticket may not prove to be completely worthwhile, but at least I know I can go, and will avoid the scrum for the limited number of matchday tickets there will be. Anyway, rant over. Up the City

There's a lot of plastic talk going around.... If people want to turn up and support there team in more exciting individual matches on the odd occasion and now were in the premier league even buy a season ticket i think that's brilliant.

Yes you people saying this are the best supporters in the world and have given so much dedication over years and should have a seat named after you.... But why try and alienate fans from coming because they aren't regulars and only go to the big games.. Its like a pub, regulars are vital for its regular income but they need passers by and non regulars coming in for it to really thrive.

Whilst its annoying trying to get hold of tickets i think its great that there's such a demand for tickets, thus reflecting the good time the clubs currently having.

I've only been really into supporting Leicester since the league one season when Nigel first came in so am a relatively new fan. In this time i've lived nearly a 100 mile return journey to the ground, had low income (when i was a student), and often worked weekends. Now back in leicester for a year its my first chance to actually get a season ticket, which i am proud to have regardless of the super fan comments.

The guys i have got my ticket with have also been in similar situations working weekends and not being able to surrender such a large amount of money. They are now are earning more, working better hours and with the premier league status got that final push for us to get a season ticket, i don't see anything wrong with that.

Bit bad we've so many fans who's sole decision on whether to buy a season ticket is purely based on what league we're in.

Novelty will wear off if we end up mid table also rans a few seasons in a row I can bet.

Guest LCFC_World

I hate all this plastic fan talk. I have been going to games since Leicester was in league 1. Simply because I enjoy watching football and being around a fantastic atmosphere. Ever since then I have averaged around 13 games per year. And this year, I have got a season ticket, and I'm not going to be ashamed of that. If I didn't then I would not make 13 games per seasons would I. Yes of course the premier league appeals to me, but I assure you even if we get relegated then I will STILL renew.

You're the plastic fan, if such a thing has to exist.

Who's worse.... plastics or trolls?

Answers on a postcard to.....

I hate all this plastic fan talk. I have been going to games since Leicester was in league 1. Simply because I enjoy watching football and being around a fantastic atmosphere. Ever since then I have averaged around 13 games per year. And this year, I have got a season ticket, and I'm not going to be ashamed of that. If I didn't then I would not make 13 games per seasons would I. Yes of course the premier league appeals to me, but I assure you even if we get relegated then I will STILL renew.

I think you need evaluate who the comments are aimed at. I'm not having that all 7000 new ST holders who have snapped up these tickets in a matter of days have followed the club as much as yourself in recent years. 

i for one am  pissed off with the plastics , but lets see the kp full and hopefully these plastics will support and not just boo

How old are you?

How many years have you been going?

Are you in a relationship, do you have kids?

How old are you?

How many years have you been going?

Are you in a relationship, do you have kids?

Not really the point of it is it. I have a Missus and a baby whether we are in the Championship or the Premier League. It's ok to miss Championship football for wife and kids but not PL? Mind boggling. 

Guest MattP

Bit bad we've so many fans who's sole decision on whether to buy a season ticket is purely based on what league we're in.

Novelty will wear off if we end up mid table also rans a few seasons in a row I can bet.

It is very strange.

I am a bit upset the club didn't decide to sell on priority of how many games attended rather than just open it up to anyone, it was either spend £50 quid on calls or lose a days wages and queue for 5-6 hours or sit on the internet all day refreshing if you wanted one.

If we lose a couple of games you get the feeling the ground won't be a pleasant place to be next season.

Archived