Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the_enlightened_one

Best performance ever?

Beating Sunderland 5-2 was a brilliant team performance.

Worst was probably Bolton who beat us on the first day of the season 5-0.

These are the correct answers.

Beating Sunderland 5-2 was a brilliant team performance.

Worst was probably Bolton who beat us on the first day of the season 5-0.

Was just about to post about the Sunderland game. Based on that performance If Heskey hadn't gone to Liverpool soon after, him and Collymore could have been a terrifying partnership.

Just realised there's a very similar comment to this!

Strangly enough, the 2 that stick out for me were both against villa. When we beat them 3-1 at villa park (think it was the 96-97 season) was a highlight. The worst being the 5-0 drubbing at ours.Terrible day in which my mate, who is a villa fan sat next to me in the home end. We all know what Ian Walker did too!

Strangly enough, the 2 that stick out for me were both against villa. When we beat them 3-1 at villa park (think it was the 96-97 season) was a highlight. The worst being the 5-0 drubbing at ours.Terrible day in which my mate, who is a villa fan sat next to me in the home end. We all know what Ian Walker did too!

I was at the Villa game (at Villa Park) Stand up if you're 3-1 up, roared across the whole stadium. Fantastic!!

F A Cup 4th Rd replay 1967/68 against Man City in front of 40000 at Filbert St. 2-0 down and we eventually won 4-3 and a hero stepped forward that night Frank Large absolutely scared the s**t out of the Man C back four.

Another beating Tottenham in front of the TV cameras in the F A Cup when we came back from 2-0 down to put the cockneys in their place with a 90th minute winner from Mark De Vries.

Worst losing 5-0 to Bolton in the opening game of the Premiership in 2001/02 season still what do you expect with our midfield maestro Junior Lewis in the team.

Have to agree with Foxes1.

That Man City replay was the first time I cried at the end of a match. As a 16 year old who thought he was a bit of a jack the lad, I am not ashamed to admit it. (Second time Wembley 94 and was also a bit emotional at full time last month in Bolton)

That Man City game, they had drawn at home 0-0 to Bury (I think) in the 3rd round, but won the replay 7-0 away. When they went 2-0 up at Filbo, I can still see their fans in the corner of the Double Decker, above the Popular side singing it's gonna be 7-0 etc. That 20 mins before and after half time was unbelievable - I have never experienced an atmosphere like it since, some close ones, but nothing like the whole ground in a constant frenzy. 

Have to agree Bolton at home was a nightmare, because totally unexpected, set the tone for the whole season. (Losing 7-1 at Wednesday away wasn't much fun either!)

Archived