Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

MLS

Guest seanfox778

Thought the Man City owners did? Hence the Lampard fiasco and Villa training with them.

It is Man City, not Man Utd.

Guest seanfox778

Does anyone remember an awful Tim Lovejoy presented MLS highlights show on Channel 5 a while back? I can only see that league as a novelty if I'm honest. The fact that Bradley Wright-Phillips is a goal scoring sensation over there says it all.

Does anyone remember an awful Tim Lovejoy presented MLS highlights show on Channel 5 a while back? I can only see that league as a novelty if I'm honest. The fact that Bradley Wright-Phillips is a goal scoring sensation over there says it all.

Bradders has always been a goal scoring sensation <3

I remember that! He took pretty much all of the funny ones from Soccer AM with him to do it as well, all because Beckham signed for LA. 

Let's make sure there's actually an MLS season first :ph34r:

The players and the league are still without a collective bargaining agreement and if the players will be "locked out" and can't play MLS games as long as there isn't one in place... Hence, this weekend's games are in jeopardy of not being played, and who knows how many more?

I think they're cutting it close for this weekend, but the impression I'm getting is the gap between the two sides is smaller than what the soccer writers here fear.

Let's make sure there's actually an MLS season first :ph34r:

The players and the league are still without a collective bargaining agreement and if the players will be "locked out" and can't play MLS games as long as there isn't one in place... Hence, this weekend's games are in jeopardy of not being played, and who knows how many more?

I think they're cutting it close for this weekend, but the impression I'm getting is the gap between the two sides is smaller than what the soccer writers here fear.

Alright alright alright. Season starts Friday. CBA agreed.

Alright alright alright. Season starts Friday. CBA agreed.

Take Me Out to the Ballgame.

yankee-stadium-chelsea-600x383.jpg

It's remarkable how much both sides actually disliked the deal, so I guess the bridge was bigger, but

1) the players decided a strike or being locked out wouldn't have gotten them a better deal, and

2) enough owners realized a work stoppage would be worse for their bottom lines than the CBA.

Interesting to note that the players reps voted 18-1 to strike just 24 hours earlier, and 7 of the league's owners (including NYC and NYRB) voted against the CBA.

There will be a massive showdown between the players and owners in 2020 that could drastically change the league's landscape. But for now, let's enjoy what should be a rather interesting season.

Edited by Jordan

Going to adopt Chicago as my team. Hopefully catch a few live few games at the stadium. 

Can someone explain how their first fixture is away to LA Galaxy but there's no return fixture in Chicago? 

Their sponsor is nearly as bad as Topps Tiles. 

Maloney looks to be firing in pre-season. Another one who slipped away in the transfer market under Nige. 

Edited by Master Fox

Going to adopt Chicago as my team. Hopefully catch a live few games. 

Can someone explain how their first fixture is away to LA Galaxy but there's no return fixture in Chicago? 

Their sponsor is nearly as bad as Topps Tiles. 

Maloney looks to be firing in pre-season. Another one who slipped away in the transfer market under Nige. 

No return fixture as they are in different conferences. 

Essentially you play each side in your conference 2 or 3 times and the sides in the opposite conference once.

No return fixture as they are in different conferences. 

Essentially you play each side in your conference 2 or 3 times and the sides in the opposite conference once.

Interesting. Surely that's unfair playing the pre-season favourites away and not getting them on your own patch? Take the piss. 

Interesting. Surely that's unfair playing the pre-season favourites away and not getting them on your own patch? Take the piss.

A regionalized schedule, as we have in every major sport in our large country, cuts down on travel costs and fatigue. Besides, there's a playoff to decide the champion anyway.