Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

MLS

• 2 months later...

The Conference semifinals were pretty damn good last night. RBNY vs Columbus and Dallas vs Portland in the conference finals in two weeks.

As for Vieira, the man definitely deserves a manager gig. He'll have his hands full with MLS's unique circumstances, and NYCFC's less-than-ideal home field (among other things) but I've got loads of respect for the man and am excited to have him lead the team.

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to the Portland Timbers for winning the MLS final against Columbus!

Pretty tough affair - with both our resident LCFC fans and posters bridge (Portland) and placidcasual (Columbus) following both sides of the story.

500247416.jpg

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2015-12-06-columbus-crew-sc-vs-portland-timbers/recap

Just seen the highlights from MLS Cup.

Wow, shockingly bad! Refereeing decisions, ball blatantly out of play and nothing, hand ball on the line not given and terrible goal keeping.

MLS has come a long way but still has a long long way to go to be taken as a serious league and not just a retirement fund

The Timbers won..today is a very good day!

Congratulations! I hope you're still partying like it's 1979!

But even you must have felt let down by the poor standard of play from both sides. :P

Sorry for the lack of advice for Vancouver, btw. Shame on me.

Edited by MC Prussian

• 1 month later...

I love the guy, not always a big fan of his type of humour - but Will Ferrell co-owning Los Angeles FC? lol

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35258761

Vincent Tan's also one of the other 25 lucky ones:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12096/10122055/will-ferrell-and-vincent-tan-among-los-angeles-fc-owners

Glad to see it's 'football' club and not soccer.

Don't know how a club that doesn't exist yet can have fans

28D62FE800000578-0-image-a-38_1431992249

but it must be quite exciting. I wish I had some money to invest in one of these clubs.Be great to get in on the ground floor.

Glad to see it's 'football' club and not soccer.

Don't know how a club that doesn't exist yet can have fans

but it must be quite exciting. I wish I had some money to invest in one of these clubs.Be great to get in on the ground floor.

I think there are a lot of fans of the sport that have no team. The closest MLS team to me is nearly 300 miles away. 

I think there are a lot of fans of the sport that have no team. The closest MLS team to me is nearly 300 miles away. 

They'll be the 3rd team in LA though.I know there's 18 million in Los Angeles but if you were interested in football surely you'd be supporting one of the others  by now?

Edited by Webbo

Another LA destination team for past it EPL players to be hand picked on.

Hoping to catch a TFC game or 2 this upcoming season. Been twice and each time it was truly hard to watch but trying to be more supportive of it. Just need to immerse myself in the hooligan section.

Any of you boys make a trek up to the tdot to catch a game lemme know. I live about 30 to 40 minutes away from BMO field.

Edited by Jattdogg