Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

Time to expand the KP?

We have a traditional supporter base of around 20000. That hasn't really fluctuated for around 20 years. If we go 5 years at 30000+ then yes, there may be grounds to think about expansion but until then, all talk of this is utterly pointless. 

Exactly

We need to show some ambition, strike whilst the iron is hot

It isn't really a case of that though. It's not one of those things where you take a short-term gamble. It's one of those things that requires a long-term plan to make it effective.

If it means a cut in ticket prices then by all means expand the ground, but if people think that we'll still average 30k in three years should we sit around 14th with matchday prices like these then they're deluded. We do have a big fanbase but we're going through a pretty special period at the minute so a lot who wouldn't normally go currently are.

reckon we are 45K strong support at home after a couple of years in premier

i´d love to see a plan for expansion in 2016

planning can start now and be part of our fan´s dreams

show us the blueprints !

let´s dream !

It isn't really a case of that though. It's not one of those things where you take a short-term gamble. It's one of those things that requires a long-term plan to make it effective.

If it means a cut in ticket prices then by all means expand the ground, but if people think that we'll still average 30k in three years should we sit around 14th with matchday prices like these then they're deluded. We do have a big fanbase but we're going through a pretty special period at the minute so a lot who wouldn't normally go currently are.

It's not a short term gamble, these current owners seem to be here for the long term so with the right investment etc we can sustain and grow again

We have always pretty much had around 20000 hardcore of home fans and now we are up add 5-10'000 to that and then away fans, corporate lot etc and with a bit of clever ticket pricing I see no reason we can't average 35 ish in the future

It ultimately comes down to where you place you capital investment.

Think of it like this -

You own a house (The King Power Stadium)

Do you spend money on adding an extension because you are tight on room at the moment as you have a house of tennagers? Alternatively do you ride it through knowing one of them / all of them will bugger off eventually (relegation).

Additionally rather than the extension you are considering in purchasing food from Marks and Spencer's on a weekly basis (better players) rather having to resort to the cheap ready meals (worse players) as the extension (stadium expansion) has limited your budget.

Aside from my totally irrelevant annalogy above, a large number of my customers have asked me to take them to watch Leicester next season. Not to see Leicester though, they want to watch the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City etc .

These are not all Leicester fans, they support varying teams throughout the Midlands but we are the closest team for them to see Premiership football! I won't be the only person that has been asked this.

By nature all Premier League clubs will have a large, transitional fan base that's their to watch the football, rather than support a team.

For City with average ticket prices at say £25 it is not surprising that 30,000 fans is as much as you can expect.

Whereas if the tickets were on average about £15 then upto 50,000  fans could possibly be attracted.

Both of these options would raise the same amount of ticket revenue, while the cheaper option would create a better atmosphere and more match day sales of drinks and food etc.

For City with average ticket prices at say £25 it is not surprising that 30,000 fans is as much as you can expect.

Whereas if the tickets were on average about £15 then upto 50,000 fans could possibly be attracted.

Both of these options would raise the same amount of ticket revenue, while the cheaper option would create a better atmosphere and more match day sales of drinks and food etc.

The price of me and the lads season tickets average out at £ 13 each per game.

• 4 weeks later...

lcfc_02.jpg

lcfc_03.jpg

love that. 2 tiers. outside reminds me of san siro.

also like the outside of st.marys in the post below. but the added on stand extensions butcher it.

This could still happen. We need a stadium that stands out. at the moment ours is just another one of those off the peg stadiums that were built about a decade ago when a lot of grounds were being replaced. Nothing wrong with it but it's not great.

I thought the original plans also included possible future extensions to east/west stands at 5k each, I had heard we could comfortably increase upto around 42k

The plans that have been discussed allow for upper extensions on the South, East and North stands giving capacity increases between 8,000 and 12,000 seats from what I have heard, the West stand can't be expanded. Nothing is going to happen soon.

Archived