Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

Time to expand the KP?

I think that the only way we would ever average more than 35k in the Premier League is if safe standing was introduced and accommodated for, and a fair and reasonable pricing structure was implemented.

No chance then.

Guest CityFan 06

I'm very keen on the idea of expanding the King Power Stadium. I think it would benefit the clubs profit, as well as if the stadium had consistently good attendances.

I'm very keen on the idea of expanding the King Power Stadium. I think it would benefit the clubs profit, as well as if the stadium had consistently good attendances.

Ok. So can we see if burnley, west brom, stoke and palace etc help fill this place 1st and we hang about for a couple of years.

Cuz we sure as hell won't get full houses in the championship v brentford, Yeovil, Doncaster, Peterborough and who ever else and then we just look like a shit sunderland or even worse Middlesbrough.

Take the Deutschland approach and have areas of rail seating and also drop the ticket prices and hey presto another 10k+ eager punters

Good idea but that would take a change in the law not just changing seats.

Gary Silke

Here's a fact that I quite liked. There are seven Premier League clubs with stadium capacities lower than the King Power Stadium. Southampton's St Mary's Stadium, being the same design, is just about equal to the KPS, So there are only 11 grounds bigger than ours. It demonstrates we aren't minnows in the top flight. More like a gudgeon, or maybe a dace.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/City-better-season-realised/story-22049244-detail/story.html?#ixzz397qS9EHI

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/City-better-season-realised/story-22049244-detail/story.html?#qPE1MhARcY7LgG5r.99

I don't think the expansion would be that lucrative long term but I would like the ground to be moved away from the dull, bowl shape it currently has and give one or two stands a different look.

It's a shame little imagination was put into the ground when it was built, would've liked two tiered stands behind the goals.

I don't think the expansion would be that lucrative long term but I would like the ground to be moved away from the dull, bowl shape it currently has and give one or two stands a different look.

It's a shame little imagination was put into the ground when it was built, would've liked two tiered stands behind the goals.

Yeah it's a shame we built our new ground when all these dour bowls were being churned out like they on sale in IKEA.

I wouldn't expand yet but it's certainly possible in the future, a few years up here and it would be something to think about, you don't spend millions of pounds though for 20-30 years in the future based on sales over 2-3 months. If we are still selling out after 4-5 years of being in the top flight then go for it.

What might have been

by mbaker on Jan 05, 2000 at 09:57

Leicester City has withdrawn its application to build a new stadium at Bede Island South due to the football club’s failure to reach an acceptable agreement with developer Goldwing Properties.

The group had previously ended talks with Goldwing in October over its inability to agree to equitable and transparent terms.

The shares were down 1p to 42.5p in mid-morning.

They have been on the decline since standing at 50.5p in November. The group saw a board-room shake-up in December over differences in management opinion.

lcfc_02.jpg

lcfc_03.jpg

Expanding the stadium would be pure folly, 32,500 is plenty big enough. The financial implications alone make it unviable currently.

Any future expansion would, I assume, be tied to additional commercial development in the immediate vicinity of the ground; as very few clubs operate stadia which serve as attractions in their own right. These commercial developments would have to serve as subsidies to the increased capacity as replica shirts and pies wont cover the outlay.

I would also assume the club would need to invest in additional parking facilities as well as improvements to surrounding road networks in order to accommodate the increased volume of traffic in the area.

The can knock the soulless plastic dump down just as soon as they like as far as I am concerned, I hate the place.

Grand old Filbert St was a real football ground and I still cannot come to terms with the fact that they sold her off and had her demolished. She was a bit tired for sure but could have been developed.

The can knock the soulless plastic dump down just as soon as they like as far as I am concerned, I hate the place.

Grand old Filbert St was a real football ground and I still cannot come to terms with the fact that they sold her off and had her demolished. She was a bit tired for sure but could have been developed.

I thought it couldn't have been expanded due to the housing down Burnmoor St?

I thought it couldn't have been expanded due to the housing down Burnmoor St?

true, this issue was spoke in the pubs, just after the war, and every season thereafter.

Filbert street was briiliant, but those days are gone, and not enough surrounding space for a modernised Filby, shame but fact.

true, this issue was spoke in the pubs, just after the war, and every season thereafter.

Filbert street was briiliant, but those days are gone, and not enough surrounding space for a modernised Filby, shame but fact.

But they could have built a DD carling stand new east stand and filbert st end on the new sight.

Would have been miles better than the useless bowl we got.

The only way the can improve the KP is to double deck the Kop and east stand.

Really do hope if they extend they don't just go back and up will look fvcking shite and you will never get any atmosphere then.

But they could have built a DD carling stand new east stand and filbert st end on the new sight.

Would have been miles better than the useless bowl we got.

The only way the can improve the KP is to double deck the Kop and east stand.

Really do hope if they extend they don't just go back and up will look fvcking shite and you will never get any atmosphere then.

Assuming we stay up for 3 consecutive seasons I'd expect attendance figures to drop not increase and be sustained

Disagree. If we stay up for a couple of seasons I would expect some serious investment to push us onto the next level and with that comes glory supporters!

Sure I heard on here somewhere the east stand extra tier couldn't be completed in one close season. I do wonder however, If we could do what Barca done with the Nou Camp and lower the pitch to extend the stadium downwards?

Archived