Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

The way we are going we'll be playing against Rochdale in the Championship next season.

Hope not.

Whether or not we sneak up under the radar, Burnley, QPR, Sunderland, Palace, Villa and (outside bet) a calamitous run from Swansea or West Ham gives you enough scope for survival.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29880430

Blackburn Rovers manager Gary Bowyer believes winger Ben Marshall is one of the best players in the Championship at the moment.

Marshall, 23, set up Rovers' first goal and scored a free-kick as they beat Reading 3-1 to move up to seventh.

Asked if there is a player in the Championship better than Marshall right now, Bowyer responded: "It would be very difficult to find one that is."

The former Leicester winger has scored three goals in his last four games.

"We've got to keep demanding more from him," Bowyer told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"I thought his defending was excellent in the second half and going forward I think he's displayed everything.

"He can cross it, cut in on his inside - the third goal where he runs at him and goes on the outside, the defender doesn't know where he is going.

"His free-kick is magnificent. He's last off the training pitch practicing the same sort of angle, so it doesn't surprise me as he works ever so hard at it."

Marshall, who has now scored five goals this term, spent time in the youth academies at Manchester United and Crewe before his move to Stoke in 2009.

He then joined Leicester for a reported fee of £1m, but moved to Ewood Park last summer on a four-year deal after falling out of favour at the Foxes.

"Sometimes the goalkeepers get fed up with him [in training] and go in and just leave him on his own," added Bowyer.

"He's just got to keep working hard now and getting better. There is no reason why he shouldn't get double figures now."

Marshall has been excellent this season so far but he's the kind of player who blows hot and cold. His off field attitudes are similar. Hopefully being back in the North West will help him be more settled in all aspects of his life. We actually made a profit on him... and that profit bought Mahrez  :thumbup:

Research help: trying to find an ex-Leicester young player

Hey guys, i'm a reporter from Bucharest, Romania, and i'm trying to find an ex-player from QPR academy & Leicester. I don't know his name, only that he is a romanian player who played for QPR academy, 5 years ago, where he was friend with Sterling. Leicester bought him and when he was 16 (some years ago) he dropped football, injury problems. 

I found his story here: www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2014/06/13/david-runciman/whats-it-like-to-play-in-the-world-cup/ Now the kid is studying at Cambridge University.

I know it's kind of complicated, but can any of you remember a story about a young romanian player that played fod Leicester Youth few years ago? Any kind of info would be useful at this time. Thanks guys!

My email address is [email protected] 

Research help: trying to find an ex-Leicester young player

Hey guys, i'm a reporter from Bucharest, Romania, and i'm trying to find an ex-player from QPR academy & Leicester. I don't know his name, only that he is a romanian player who played for QPR academy, 5 years ago, where he was friend with Sterling. Leicester bought him and when he was 16 (some years ago) he dropped football, injury problems.

I found his story here: www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2014/06/13/david-runciman/whats-it-like-to-play-in-the-world-cup/ Now the kid is studying at Cambridge University.

I know it's kind of complicated, but can any of you remember a story about a young romanian player that played fod Leicester Youth few years ago? Any kind of info would be useful at this time. Thanks guys!

My email address is [email protected]

Ricky Stappleton is the one that springs to mind, but I don't think he was Romanian.

Also remember Tomo Petrescu being chased by Romania at one point, but he decided to play for Finland.

Not sure he was at QPR.

What ever happened to this lad? Wasn't he supposed to be the next big thing at one stage? I remember reading about him years ago and how he was going to be a prolific premier league goal scorer.

Also remember Tomo Petrescu being chased by Romania at one point, but he decided to play for Finland.

Not sure he was at QPR.

What ever happened to this lad? Wasn't he supposed to be the next big thing at one stage? I remember reading about him years ago and how he was going to be a prolific premier league goal scorer.

Thanks for trying to help. I recently found an ex-Leicester youth romanian player, Claudio Hoban. He played alongside Liam Moore. Maybe he will know something.

Not sure he was at QPR.

Yeah, Tomi Petrescu, another wasted romanian talent. It's a classic story :) 

Just shows Lennon may have been a great manager for us

Great - really? Anyone can have a good month (even Rob Kelly managed it) and lets face it, Bolton were massively underachieving under Freedman with their squad. I'll reserve judgement until he's had time to build his own squad.

Great - really? Anyone can have a good month (even Rob Kelly managed it) and lets face it, Bolton were massively underachieving under Freedman with their squad. I'll reserve judgement until he's had time to build his own squad.

I just love his passion tbf and how much of a great player plus a nice person he was

I just love his passion tbf and how much of a great player plus a nice person he was

Whenever I met Lennon I came away with the impression he was one of the biggest wankers I'd ever met, certainly not a nice bloke.

Whenever I met Lennon I came away with the impression he was one of the biggest wankers I'd ever met, certainly not a nice bloke.

I worked at filbo street and used to meet all the players every match day, Lennon has a dry sense of humour but he was always alright with me, he called me lil chief lol

Rather than a squad of Leicester rejects.

THE BORO could be without winger Jorrin John for a number of days after the former Leicester City man was called up for international duty this week.

John, who made his debut for Antigua and Barbuda, has been called up for their latest 23-man squad for the CFU Caribbean Cup Finals which kick off in Jamaica today.

John is joined in the squad by the likes of Dexter Blackstock from Nottingham Forest and in-form striker Keiran Murtagh who plays for Conference side Woking.

John will see the campaign kick off for his side on Wednesday as they play Haiti. They follow that up on Friday with a game against the hosts Jamaica before finishing the group stages with a match against Martinique on Sunday.

If they qualify from the group John will be taking part in the semi-final stage on November 18.

He is guaranteed to miss the game against Aldershot this weekend.

That comes at a bad time for Boro boss Liam Daish who lost winger Adam Dawson at the beginning of the month after his loan spell from Leicester City was not renewed by the Premier League outfit.

Read more: http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/International-time-JJ/story-24509144-detail/story.html?#ixzz3Il6xb2DV 
Follow us: @NuneatonNews on Twitter | NuneatonNews on Facebook

David Oldfield news...

League Two side Burton Albion have named former Leeds and Chelsea striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink as manager. David Oldfield, 46, will become Hasselbaink's assistant after being released from his role as head of Milton Keynes Dons' academy.

Mike Whitlow is also Academy manager there

Edited by MrRandomSilly