Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

Remember seeing him in a friendly at bournemouth for the city, must have been his debut season. Gave matt elliot a right bollocking, I thought at the time the kid would be a star. Not quite, but a bloody good try. Heskey scored for us, thats how long ago it was. Week before tim flowers joined, young tom (sol the wall bamba) was mascot the week after at pompey, we got to meet all our players - and now, young tom is 21 this weekend! Where the fook did that go!

• Like 1

Remember seeing him in a friendly at bournemouth for the city, must have been his debut season. Gave matt elliot a right bollocking, I thought at the time the kid would be a star. Not quite, but a bloody good try. Heskey scored for us, thats how long ago it was. Week before tim flowers joined, young tom (sol the wall bamba) was mascot the week after at pompey, we got to meet all our players - and now, young tom is 21 this weekend! Where the fook did that go!

An 18 year old Guy Branston gave a 29 year old Matt Elliott bollocking lol

He was either very stupid or very brave.

I think I'll be using this thread a lot next year. Does 'ex-player who may or may not be playing for Wigan scores or sets up goal' count as news?

No. But when he goes out on loan to Leyton Orient after a few months then that might be news. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

'Marshall had just started to establish himself as starter for the club, putting in a number of impressive displays, when he suffered an ankle ligament injury in a game against Derby on 25 January 2013. Scans revealed that Marshall would be ruled out for 'several months' and would therefore likely miss the remainder of the season.'

He could cross, and he could shoot from distance. Other than that I thought Ben Marshall was very average and generally a disappointment. Even during his run of goals he actually didn't contribute much other than those goals in those games.

He's not terrible, he's just average. He isn't close to Knockaert or Mahrez. In-fact, Mahrez is absolutely everything I hoped Marshall would be.

Don't really miss him.

He could cross, and he could shoot from distance. Other than that I thought Ben Marshall was very average and generally a disappointment. Even during his run of goals he actually didn't contribute much other than those goals in those games.

He could cross, shoot from distance and had a run of scoring goals - he sounds like a pretty good player based on that assessment.

He could cross, shoot from distance and had a run of scoring goals - he sounds like a pretty good player based on that assessment.

Rarely got a in a position to cross and a run of 4 goals in 6 games makes it sound not as great as initially thought.

He's got the technical attributes to be a good player but he doesn't impose himself nearly enough. He's not got the flair of someone like Knockaert or Mahrez.

Poor man's David Bentley.

I know someone who works at the club and he says it doesn't happen very often but Pearson made a mistake by signing him.

The one thing he always looks for in players is attitude and apparently Ben Marshall had a terrible one. One time he pulled up in the training ground opened his door & chucked a load of McDonald's rubbish onto the floor. Someone told him to pick it up, his reply was "it's not my job too"