Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Memberships / Away Priority Scheme 2014/15

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I just ask if I am the only person who thinks the way that they dealing with tickets this season is an absolute joke? I would love to be able to be a season ticket holder, in fact I gave up my season ticket 8 years ago when I stopped working a 'normal' job as it was pointless when i worked most weekends.  Since then I've had two boys with my husband who is from and is a Chesterfield fan, he was adamant that they should support the city they were born in and we should not influence them.  However as Grandad and Mummy like Leicester both of the boys love them too, which I am now finding a bit frustrating. Last year we decided that the eldest was old enough to go to a match (was then 4) and we took him to the cup match against Fulham, he absolutely loved it, his Leicester shirt is his favorite shirt and he has been badgering me to go and watch them again. However the membership/ ticketing is just a joke.  Tickets for games I can make haven't made it to general sale so I brought a membership, £40 and I rang up asking to book 2 tickets for the Crystal Palace game and was told I could only book 1. With my membership I can't even book a ticket for my 5 year old as well unless I brought him a membership, so £80 for the pleasure of buying 2 tickets. When did Leicester stop being a family club and start being a bunch of money hungry idiots.  I can't find an actual 'junior' membership anymore and as for the club shop, what a joke. I tried for months to get a shirt, shorts and socks for my boys and I have still not managed to get socks and shorts so they haven't even got a full kids Leicester kit in the shop.  

Can I just ask if I am the only person who thinks the way that they dealing with tickets this season is an absolute joke? I would love to be able to be a season ticket holder, in fact I gave up my season ticket 8 years ago when I stopped working a 'normal' job as it was pointless when i worked most weekends. Since then I've had two boys with my husband who is from and is a Chesterfield fan, he was adamant that they should support the city they were born in and we should not influence them. However as Grandad and Mummy like Leicester both of the boys love them too, which I am now finding a bit frustrating. Last year we decided that the eldest was old enough to go to a match (was then 4) and we took him to the cup match against Fulham, he absolutely loved it, his Leicester shirt is his favorite shirt and he has been badgering me to go and watch them again. However the membership/ ticketing is just a joke. Tickets for games I can make haven't made it to general sale so I brought a membership, £40 and I rang up asking to book 2 tickets for the Crystal Palace game and was told I could only book 1. With my membership I can't even book a ticket for my 5 year old as well unless I brought him a membership, so £80 for the pleasure of buying 2 tickets. When did Leicester stop being a family club and start being a bunch of money hungry idiots. I can't find an actual 'junior' membership anymore and as for the club shop, what a joke. I tried for months to get a shirt, shorts and socks for my boys and I have still not managed to get socks and shorts so they haven't even got a full kids Leicester kit in the shop.

Agreed about the kits but can't agree about the tickets.

For a start there is a family membership package which is for 1 adult and 1 child.

I don't know what you expect now we're in the Premiership, demand was always going to be high and you can't expect to get something for nothing - 1 ticket per membership is perfectly reasonable.

Can I just ask if I am the only person who thinks the way that they dealing with tickets this season is an absolute joke? I would love to be able to be a season ticket holder, in fact I gave up my season ticket 8 years ago when I stopped working a 'normal' job as it was pointless when i worked most weekends. Since then I've had two boys with my husband who is from and is a Chesterfield fan, he was adamant that they should support the city they were born in and we should not influence them. However as Grandad and Mummy like Leicester both of the boys love them too, which I am now finding a bit frustrating. Last year we decided that the eldest was old enough to go to a match (was then 4) and we took him to the cup match against Fulham, he absolutely loved it, his Leicester shirt is his favorite shirt and he has been badgering me to go and watch them again. However the membership/ ticketing is just a joke. Tickets for games I can make haven't made it to general sale so I brought a membership, £40 and I rang up asking to book 2 tickets for the Crystal Palace game and was told I could only book 1. With my membership I can't even book a ticket for my 5 year old as well unless I brought him a membership, so £80 for the pleasure of buying 2 tickets. When did Leicester stop being a family club and start being a bunch of money hungry idiots. I can't find an actual 'junior' membership anymore and as for the club shop, what a joke. I tried for months to get a shirt, shorts and socks for my boys and I have still not managed to get socks and shorts so they haven't even got a full kids Leicester kit in the shop.

where's your ticket for. I guess at 40 quid not the kop.

if you can ever get a kop ticket. pm me and I can provide a ticket for your boy. so long as he happy standing on back row of kop.

I have a 3 y/o who can't sit still and a 5 y/o girl who moans it's cold and boring.

and if this sounds a strange offer. read the ticket feedback thread.

I just happen to be a nice guy with spare tickets. not a psycho

• 4 months later...

Am a Gold member myself but was just wondering if people on the lower memberships like silver and club schemes had many problems getting tickets. Went for the gold myself because i was worried about missing out and getting seats together but seeing how the sales have panned out it seems that tickets were available in almost all fixtures for all games. Just wanted to find out how people on the lesser schemes found getting tickets together for the big games as im considering downgrading my memberships for next season.

Am a Gold member myself but was just wondering if people on the lower memberships like silver and club schemes had many problems getting tickets. Went for the gold myself because i was worried about missing out and getting seats together but seeing how the sales have panned out it seems that tickets were available in almost all fixtures for all games. Just wanted to find out how people on the lesser schemes found getting tickets together for the big games as im considering downgrading my memberships for next season.

I'm a Sliver Member mainly because I travel with work a lot and cannot commit to a ST, and it's been great,

I've got tickets to every home match I want and can attend and also a very decent amount of away's.  

I go on my own though (the trouble growing up in a town which is nearly all Villa!) so getting tickets together isn't an issue.  

As a member how many Away tickets can one person buy? Is it just the 1 ticket? Im a ST holder and never been a member and find it hard to build up my points on my season ticket as away tickets generally sell out before im eligible. Thinking of getting a membership also

As a member how many Away tickets can one person buy? Is it just the 1 ticket? Im a ST holder and never been a member and find it hard to build up my points on my season ticket as away tickets generally sell out before im eligible. Thinking of getting a membership also

i thought ST get higher priority on away games than Members? is it just the points you are having issue with? 

its still 1 per membership. 

i thought ST get higher priority on away games than Members? is it just the points you are having issue with? 

its still 1 per membership. 

I dont know how it works ive never looked into it. Ive always had others get my away tickets for me. If thats the case then i wont bother with a membership.

I only got my season ticket last year (before anyone moans i used to have one but then worked away so up yours lol ) but would like to get my points up for away priority so i dont have to rely on others to get myself an away ticket.

ST get much higher away priority than Members,

I spoke  about this a few weeks back but a new ST holder goes above a member who's been going for years. I see why they do it but it's irritating.

Also as a member you don't get any sort of away loyalty points. For example someone who buys a Silver Membership this season will have the same access to away's as me despite my past history.

I think away's should all work on a points scheme.

For example If you are a ST holder you could automatically get 100 points or something and an extra 10 per away game. Members should start on 50 and work up that way. So then ST rightly get priority but also members loyalty will be rewarded

To answer the question you only get 1 ticket per membership for aways  

ST get much higher away priority than Members,

I spoke  about this a few weeks back but a new ST holder goes above a member who's been going for years. I see why they do it but it's irritating.

Also as a member you don't get any sort of away loyalty points. For example someone who buys a Silver Membership this season will have the same access to away's as me despite my past history.

I think away's should all work on a points scheme.

For example If you are a ST holder you could automatically get 100 points or something and an extra 10 per away game. Members should start on 50 and work up that way. So then ST rightly get priority but also members loyalty will be rewarded

To answer the question you only get 1 ticket per membership for aways  

Thats looks to be fair. Like you say members that show loyalty could then be ahead of the queue of a ST holder who has never been to an away game.

So really for me becoming a member aswel only allows me earlier access at buying home tickets?

Thats looks to be fair. Like you say members that show loyalty could then be ahead of the queue of a ST holder who has never been to an away game.

So really for me becoming a member aswel only allows me earlier access at buying home tickets?

You do get some sort of priority for aways but only ahead of General Sale (which it rarely ever gets to)

Members get their turn after all the ST holders have had theirs. As I say I can see why the club would do it that way but it's damn frustrating,

Sunderland is the best example. I've been to Villa away, Burnley away, Spurs away and West Ham away this year and seen us play some appalling football whilst rooted to the bottom of the league. We start picking up form and points and all the ST holders who couldn't be arsed earlier come crawling out of the woodwork and immediately go ahead of me. I'm without a ticket now for what could be our biggest game in 15 years. Gutted

Tempted to get a ST to avoid this happening but I reckon I'll miss a 1/3 of the games due to work and other commitments  

You do get some sort of priority for aways but only ahead of General Sale (which it rarely ever gets to)

Members get their turn after all the ST holders have had theirs. As I say I can see why the club would do it that way but it's damn frustrating,

Sunderland is the best example. I've been to Villa away, Burnley away, Spurs away and West Ham away this year and seen us play some appalling football whilst rooted to the bottom of the league. We start picking up form and points and all the ST holders who couldn't be arsed earlier come crawling out of the woodwork and immediately go ahead of me. I'm without a ticket now for what could be our biggest game in 15 years. Gutted

Tempted to get a ST to avoid this happening but I reckon I'll miss a 1/3 of the games due to work and other commitments  

Just a thought, if you do decide to get a season ticket and you can't make certain games, there are always people willing to buy a ticket at face value off you for a game you can't make? There's the ticket exchange thread.

Just a thought, if you do decide to get a season ticket and you can't make certain games, there are always people willing to buy a ticket at face value off you for a game you can't make? There's the ticket exchange thread.

To be honest I didn't even know that existed!

How does it work, do you send your card through the post and hope the other person is trustworthy? 

How does it work, do you send your card through the post and hope the other person is trustworthy? 

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/96194-ticket-exchange-thread/page-28

A lot of people meet before hand, earlier in the week say, then meet the week after to return or something?

You can get half season tickets, or maybe work it out with someone on here the games you couldn't go to so they always used your ticket when you couldn't for example.

You can request paper tickets via the ticket office. Then just send those out and add to the cost.

You do get some sort of priority for aways but only ahead of General Sale (which it rarely ever gets to)

Sunderland is the best example. I've been to Villa away, Burnley away, Spurs away and West Ham away this year and seen us play some appalling football whilst rooted to the bottom of the league. We start picking up form and points and all the ST holders who couldn't be arsed earlier come crawling out of the woodwork and immediately go ahead of me. I'm without a ticket now for what could be our biggest game in 15 years. Gutted

Well done for seeing us lose at wet spam, villa and spurs this season.

Did you hold a season ticket when we lost at wolves, watford, Plymouth?

The club try to reward those who pay up front with no idea how a season will pan out.

Is that wrong.

Well done for seeing us lose at wet spam, villa and spurs this season.

Did you hold a season ticket when we lost at wolves, watford, Plymouth?

The club try to reward those who pay up front with no idea how a season will pan out.

Is that wrong.

No it isn't

I'm not trying to be antagonistic and said in my posts, that I can see why the club do it. It doesn't stop it being irritating for me though does it?  ST holders should always be the priority, like I said. I'm was just suggesting what I think is a fairer system. In any case the system I suggested would ensure that the loyal ST holders who had been to Plymouth, Wolves etc would be well ahead of any member anyway

To answer your question, I was last a season ticket holder in 2007/08 when we got relegated and that season I went to 29 of the 46 league games and believe me I saw my fair share of shit. Getting a train back to Derby in my Leicester shirt after losing 3-1 to Sheff Wed to virtually secure relegation was about as low as it gets,

I moved to Oz for 3 years and when I came back my job means I can told at the drop of a hat that I have to travel over a weekend, so a ST was not a viable option.

If you want me to rattle off the away games I've been to in the 18 years supporting the Foxes I will but I was only focusing on this season as an example   

No it isn't

I'm not trying to be antagonistic and said in my posts, that I can see why the club do it. It doesn't stop it being irritating for me though does it? ST holders should always be the priority, like I said. I'm was just suggesting what I think is a fairer system. In any case the system I suggested would ensure that the loyal ST holders who had been to Plymouth, Wolves etc would be well ahead of any member anyway

To answer your question, I was last a season ticket holder in 2007/08 when we got relegated and that season I went to 29 of the 46 league games and believe me I saw my fair share of shit. Getting a train back to Derby in my Leicester shirt after losing 3-1 to Sheff Wed to virtually secure relegation was about as low as it gets,

I moved to Oz for 3 years and when I came back my job means I can told at the drop of a hat that I have to travel over a weekend, so a ST was not a viable option.

If you want me to rattle off the away games I've been to in the 18 years supporting the Foxes I will but I was only focusing on this season as an example

Everyone is a critic but what other viable alternative do the club have.

Unless they cut all points back to 0 and start from scratch meaning all registered customers earn points to there customer reference no. But it would just create a free for all for a year or so.

And then season ticket holders would just argue the opposite point. How is it we define loyalty?

All circumstances are different. Before we had this system, before football became the modern day out it is now. I many a time had to take time off work or skive school to go queue for tickets.

The current system is a god send in my eyes. But it took me several years to get to p1 and the privilege I have now. The club have tried to help by only covering a 2 year period instead of a rolling total. Otherwise some people would have amassed 1000s of points.

Due to a club administration error I missed out of that game at the shitty ground and almost missed out on the watford game. Before they reinstated my p1 status. But what could I do. Sometimes these things just happen.

I would've bought a season ticket at the start of the season if it didn't involve queueing for hours. It would've worked out cheaper given what I've spent on Silver Membership and match tickets so I've just secured one for next season by interest free DD via LCFCDirect. Chuffed :thumbup::scarf:

Everyone is a critic but what other viable alternative do the club have.

Unless they cut all points back to 0 and start from scratch meaning all registered customers earn points to there customer reference no. But it would just create a free for all for a year or so.

And then season ticket holders would just argue the opposite point. How is it we define loyalty?

All circumstances are different. Before we had this system, before football became the modern day out it is now. I many a time had to take time off work or skive school to go queue for tickets.

The current system is a god send in my eyes. But it took me several years to get to p1 and the privilege I have now. The club have tried to help by only covering a 2 year period instead of a rolling total. Otherwise some people would have amassed 1000s of points.

Due to a club administration error I missed out of that game at the shitty ground and almost missed out on the watford game. Before they reinstated my p1 status. But what could I do. Sometimes these things just happen.

The first way to define loyalty is reward season ticket holders, over and above anything else. There's nothing wrong with the current system, it's just people that haven't got a season ticket moaning that they can't get a Sunderland ticket.

The first way to define loyalty is reward season ticket holders, over and above anything else. There's nothing wrong with the current system, it's just people that haven't got a season ticket moaning that they can't get a Sunderland ticket.

Little bit harsh. The system is ok but i do think that people who regularly go to away games on the membership scheme need a little bit of recognition also. Everyones circumstances are different and having a season ticket for alot of people just isnt viable.

Im a season ticket holder and i have my ticket for Sunderland but i think expanding our system we currently have to also reward non season ticket holders who go to regular away games needs to be looked into.

Staffs Fox point scheme for members i think is a good idea. It means Season ticket holders still get priority but members can also gain points and the regular attending member can also earn their way to the same priority level as a season ticket holder.

Archived