Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Memberships / Away Priority Scheme 2014/15

Little bit harsh. The system is ok but i do think that people who regularly go to away games on the membership scheme need a little bit of recognition also. Everyones circumstances are different and having a season ticket for alot of people just isnt viable.

Im a season ticket holder and i have my ticket for Sunderland but i think expanding our system we currently have to also reward non season ticket holders who go to regular away games needs to be looked into.

Staffs Fox point scheme for members i think is a good idea. It means Season ticket holders still get priority but members can also gain points and the regular attending member can also earn their way to the same priority level as a season ticket holder.

But then doesn't the money spent come into account. Why would I spend 400 odd quid on my season ticket when I can get the same priority by having a membership?

A membership entitles you to have some priority. 

Season Ticket > Membership > General Public.  Amongst the memberships there are different tiers just like season ticket holders have points. I do agree with the fact that the membership holders amass some points by travelling away but in my eyes I don't think they should get a higher priority than season ticket holders? Just my opinion.

Yes as Kingcarr21 says (thank you by the way) I'm not for one second saying Members should get parity with ST holders, I said numerous times in my posts that season ticket holders should always be priority and deservedly so because they shell out the money in advance and make the full commitment.

The Sunderland tickets were rightly so snapped up by those people. It's irritating for me but I just have to take it on the chin as I made the decision not to get a ST and its come back to bite me on the arse.  I completely understand ST holders views, if I was a ST holder and members were given priority over me I'd be livid 

My main issue is ST holders have a tiered points system so a ST holder who has attended 10 away games is higher than a ST who hasn't attended any. It a very fair system. 

However members get no such system. So a member who had been to 11 home games and 4 aways (me) is given the same priority rights as a member who has been once or twice.  

Also as a said a points system for members would give us something to aim for. In the system I suggested (which is rough) it'd take a member 6 aways to get on par with a ST holder who hadn't been to any and had only got a ST for one season.

After the advice on this board, I've got myself a ST for next season and will use the Ticket Exchange thread for my unused tickets   

It's likely that Bournemouth will only be able to allocate 800-900 away tickets next season, that match is likely to sell out at P2 priority and this thread will be full of angst but I can't see a fairer system available to away allocations.

Yes as Kingcarr21 says (thank you by the way) I'm not for one second saying Members should get parity with ST holders, I said numerous times in my posts that season ticket holders should always be priority and deservedly so because they shell out the money in advance and make the full commitment.

The Sunderland tickets were rightly so snapped up by those people. It's irritating for me but I just have to take it on the chin as I made the decision not to get a ST and its come back to bite me on the arse. I completely understand ST holders views, if I was a ST holder and members were given priority over me I'd be livid

My main issue is ST holders have a tiered points system so a ST holder who has attended 10 away games is higher than a ST who hasn't attended any. It a very fair system.

However members get no such system. So a member who had been to 11 home games and 4 aways (me) is given the same priority rights as a member who has been once or twice.

Also as a said a points system for members would give us something to aim for. In the system I suggested (which is rough) it'd take a member 6 aways to get on par with a ST holder who hadn't been to any and had only got a ST for one season.

After the advice on this board, I've got myself a ST for next season and will use the Ticket Exchange thread for my unused tickets

You say members should never get the same priority as season ticket holders, but then further down that they should if they've been to six aways. The only fair way to do it would be to do a points scheme for members but have the highest on that still come in under a basic season ticket. Also we've sold out most aways this season so there's only gonna be a small number of day trippers at Sunderland.

You say members should never get the same priority as season ticket holders, but then further down that they should if they've been to six aways. The only fair way to do it would be to do a points scheme for members but have the highest on that still come in under a basic season ticket. Also we've sold out most aways this season so there's only gonna be a small number of day trippers at Sunderland.

I admit it reads a bit contradictory looking back but what I was trying to point out was a member has slim chance to go to 6 aways in one season so it wouldn't realistically happen.

Then if that one season season ticket holder who didn't go to any away game renews then he goes even further ahead because he gets more loyalty points.

See below example

First time ST Holder 

Season Ticket 15/16- 100 Loyalty Points

No aways- 0 Loyalty Points

100 points total

First Time Member

Membership 15/16- 40 Loyalty Points

6 aways- 60 points

100 points total

Then if both renew there initial points get renewed, so the ST gets another 100, the member gets another 40 and so on.

It'd take years of loyalty and plenty of away games for a member to get priority over a ST who doesn't go to any.  

As I say it doesn't effect me anymore I just thought I'd was a decent idea. I don't expect all people will agree,

Regarding Sunderland, I don't think there will be many day trippers either and rightly so,

Those who are going, I hope you create an awesome atmosphere, have a great day and enjoy cheering the Foxes over the line :scarf:

Me personally i think a member who goes to alot of away games should have a higher priority over a season ticket holder who never goes to away games. As soon as a season ticket holder goes to his 1st away game then they should have higher priority over all members no matter how many away games they have been to.

people say money comes into it and people have paid £400 odd pound for a season ticket. Surely if a member goes to alot of away games then they would have spent hundreds anyway :dunno: . Like i said earlier some people just cant commit to a season ticket for a multitude of reasons.

Members should be able to compete with STH who have never been to an away game for tickets. Although trying to sort out this system probably would cause chaos the way our ticket office works lol .

I suppose whatever system is in place their will be people who benefit and people who miss out so may aswel just keep it as it is.

Me personally i think a member who goes to alot of away games should have a higher priority over a season ticket holder who never goes to away games. As soon as a season ticket holder goes to his 1st away game then they should have higher priority over all members no matter how many away games they have been to.

people say money comes into it and people have paid £400 odd pound for a season ticket. Surely if a member goes to alot of away games then they would have spent hundreds anyway :dunno: . Like i said earlier some people just cant commit to a season ticket for a multitude of reasons.

Members should be able to compete with STH who have never been to an away game for tickets. Although trying to sort out this system probably would cause chaos the way our ticket office works lol .

I suppose whatever system is in place their will be people who benefit and people who miss out so may aswel just keep it as it is.

I very rarely go to away games anymore due to having young kids, and the wife not wanting me to spend every Saturday at the football. I do have a season ticket though, and if I couldn't get a ticket because someone's bought a £40 membership and been to 3 or 4 aways I'd be pissed off.

I very rarely go to away games anymore due to having young kids, and the wife not wanting me to spend every Saturday at the football. I do have a season ticket though, and if I couldn't get a ticket because someone's bought a £40 membership and been to 3 or 4 aways I'd be pissed off.

People who argue that members should jump non away season ticket holders still seem to forget, our club get nothing from away ticket sales, the correct way is the way it works, those who commit and but a ST have first priority, those who go to a few games and buy a membership come next.

You won't ever please everyone as all fans have different circumstances for not having a ST or only being a member but the ones who pay for a whole season of home games regardless of what others say should always be in front of the odd match ticket buyer.

• 1 month later...

Heads up expect the West Ham tickets to be pricey. A lot of complaints from West Ham fans over the weekend over ticket pricing, it appears they are out to milk the final season at Upton Park.

Shame that as last season I think it was the cheapest away ticket I bought at £25.

Shame that as last season I think it was the cheapest away ticket I bought at £25.

Yes it was the same price as Swansea, IIRC it was a fans fixture for West Ham and I'm fairly sure we were the only Premier league team at that price. I could be completely wrong though.

Yes it was the same price as Swansea, IIRC it was a fans fixture for West Ham and I'm fairly sure we were the only Premier league team at that price. I could be completely wrong though.

I didn't bother with Swansea last season, hopefully they keep it at 3pm this season as tickets will only be £22

Had a look at a few ticket stubs from last season WBA £25, West Ham £25 Arsenal £26, Newcastle £27 can all see them increasing quite significantly this year.

Heads up expect the West Ham tickets to be pricey. A lot of complaints from West Ham fans over the weekend over ticket pricing, it appears they are out to milk the final season at Upton Park.

how much we talking? 

I didn't bother with Swansea last season, hopefully they keep it at 3pm this season as tickets will only be £22

Had a look at a few ticket stubs from last season WBA £25, West Ham £25 Arsenal £26, Newcastle £27 can all see them increasing quite significantly this year.

Arsenal will still be the lower category I'd say so about the same price. Everyone thinks they charge the earth but that's only for the top five or so clubs. They're pretty fair for the rest of the league.

Archived