Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester v Everton - Pointless Friendly Post Match Thread - 1-0

The most biased piece of writing about the friendly? (I don't want to give the author the title of 'journalist')

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-things-learned-everton-fc-7516453?

That's got to be the worst piece of writing I've seen in a newspaper. First sentence: 

'Luke Garbutt is a bit good:

The youngster did he best Leighton Baines impression during the first half tonight...'

They had another article a few days ago where they claimed we had no following over there at all and that nobody seemed to recognise our players as they slipped out of the airport.

The most biased piece of writing about the friendly? (I don't want to give the author the title of 'journalist')

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-things-learned-everton-fc-7516453?

Of course it is, it is about what Everton have learnt from the friendly, you won't see the Leicester Mercury going on about how good Luke Garbutt was.

Don't see the issue, it is a Liverpool paper giving Everton fans what they want to know, and that is the positives from the friendly.

Admittedly it is poorly written, and the bit about the fans was weird though, how can you say Everton fans are born not manufactured, then go on about the amazing Everton fan base in Thailand. I thought it was going to be a dig at their being loads of Thai Leicester fans and the only Everton fans were English, but no they have a better quality of Thai fan, and totally not manufactured by their sponsors and pandering to the Asian market by signing Asian players and plastering Asian sponsors all over their shirt. No they definitely grew up watching Duncan Ferguson and Neville Southall, they even have a Thai version of their official site FFS.

But if I was a Toffee it is what I would want to know about the game.

Morning all,

I've just returned from Bangkok having travelled in Thailand for a month. At the time I had no idea but I boarded the sky train in Bangkok last night to be greeted by a carriage full of Thai men and women wearing Leicester shirts (some real, most fake) and carrying Leicester flags. A lot of the women had also gone fox-face paint crazy.

I'd always known that king-power was a brand associated with Thailand but had no idea that the locals would take to Leicester like they did. It was quite amazing really and i'm sorry I didn't take a photo.

Anyway congratulations on your 1-0 win. I happened to be on the flight home with the whole Everton squad. Sylvan Distin looked particularly moody.

Your friendly Charlton fan.

Thanks mate - good luck for the season ahead!

Of course it is, it is about what Everton have learnt from the friendly, you won't see the Leicester Mercury going on about how good Luke Garbutt was.

Don't see the issue, it is a Liverpool paper giving Everton fans what they want to know, and that is the positives from the friendly.

Admittedly it is poorly written, and the bit about the fans was weird though, how can you say Everton fans are born not manufactured, then go on about the amazing Everton fan base in Thailand. I thought it was going to be a dig at their being loads of Thai Leicester fans and the only Everton fans were English, but no they have a better quality of Thai fan, and totally not manufactured by their sponsors and pandering to the Asian market by signing Asian players and plastering Asian sponsors all over their shirt. No they definitely grew up watching Duncan Ferguson and Neville Southall, they even have a Thai version of their official site FFS.

But if I was a Toffee it is what I would want to know about the game.

Spot on. I have no idea why so many posters on this forum get so wound up about some of the reporting of our club elsewhere. Local media are local media. 

The stuff about the Thai fans was laughably needy. I mean, come on, who actually cares? English football is a massive brand in Asia, and all Premier League clubs are seeking to exploit that to commercial ends.

I think most Leicester and Everton fans would agree that on the whole, the whole process of going out there and acquiring 'fans' who want to buy the shirt is a bit tacky and just a little bit tiresome.

Because we've been outside of the media spotlight for so long, some of our fans seem to get so excited about the idea that our club has fans in Thailand. The excitement will soon wear off when we're out there for weeks in each pre-season, forcing our players to go through gaudy 'signing sessions' and flogging themselves for avaricious sponsors.

Don't get me wrong, the wonderful people of Thailand have just as much of a right to support our club if they want to. But let's not kid ourselves - most of them will only have a superficial enagagement with the club, that will disappear if we spend much time outside of the PL or if the current fashion for English football out there quietens down.

Roll on the start of the real season :lei1: 

Ulloa wasn't awful, he just never saw much of the ball. He's not going to be chasing about like Vardy and Nuge, he's there to get on the end of crosses.... which most of the time failed to beat the first man.

Nugent's volley strike was pretty much world class!

Never thought I'd put those three words in the same sentence.

Could the Prem plan be Nuge and Vardy to start and if winning take them both off, stick an extra man in midfield and put Ulloa up front on his own?

which three words, nugent's pretty world?

Archived