Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester v Everton - Pointless Friendly Post Match Thread - 1-0

Encouraging. Whatever Everton's commitment you can only beat the opposition in front of you and we looked both well focused and well able to score goals. Friendly or not it's always good to win. Vardy looked a real handful and Nugent as sharp as anyone could surely expect at this stage. Decent winning goal too. Happy days.  

Started with

Kasper
   De Laet     Morgan       Moore    Konchesky
Albrighton    Drinkwater    James    Knockaert
                Nugent    Ulloa

Then...

Kasper
Moore    Was    Morgan   Schlupp
Mahrez   Hammond   King   GTF
          Wood    Vardy

With Wood, Vardy and GTF floating around those front three positions, Everton commentators didn't really read out the subs but I'm certain that was it.

Hamer played in the 2nd half.

I was unavoidably detained this morning due to shotguns, needy mates, nice weather and motorbikes.

Anybody provide me with a decent summary/write up of the match with some ratings/comments please.

Thanks,

SL

This is all you need to know...post-4894-0-79622800-1406503053_thumb.jp

I'm still waiting bitches.

Played at a pretty slow tempo, Everton were slightly better in the first 15 mins, but we were easily equal. After 15-20 mins we werre pretty dominant, Knocky was tasty in the first half, Ulloa was pretty ineffective, but i dont think we were delivering that well.

They had a couple of chances that they shouldve scored, Kasper was good. Nuge buried a cracker of a volley but was offside, at half time i would say it was pretty evenly poised, maybe us shading them slightly.

Complete, revamp of the side in the second half and we pretty well controlled the game, they again had a couple of chances and Piennar was a standout but again we were definitly on top and really pressed, Vardys pace was a real shock for them and Marhrez looked as good as last year.

The goal was a bit of a mess but a deserved result, the game itself was slow and definitely played as a friendly but a good run out for the boys and a fair result.

Morning all,

I've just returned from Bangkok having travelled in Thailand for a month. At the time I had no idea but I boarded the sky train in Bangkok last night to be greeted by a carriage full of Thai men and women wearing Leicester shirts (some real, most fake) and carrying Leicester flags. A lot of the women had also gone fox-face paint crazy.

I'd always known that king-power was a brand associated with Thailand but had no idea that the locals would take to Leicester like they did. It was quite amazing really and i'm sorry I didn't take a photo.

Anyway congratulations on your 1-0 win. I happened to be on the flight home with the whole Everton squad. Sylvan Distin looked particularly moody.

Your friendly Charlton fan.

Nugent's volley strike was pretty much world class!

Never thought I'd put those three words in the same sentence.

Could the Prem plan be Nuge and Vardy to start and if winning take them both off, stick an extra man in midfield and put Ulloa up front on his own?

Accidental rep. Sure I owe you one anyway

No such thing as accidental rep. I deserved it ! 

Repped right back at you.

Just watched the highlights, some good moves especially in those conditions, looked very hot and humid.

I hopefully a confidence booster in that they will realise they are just playing football, 11 men vs 11 and that the premiership isn't full of super amazing unbeatable players.

Yes Everton will be better on August 16th, but to have played against a number of the players that will be starting for them and played well and beaten them will ease the first day nerves.

Just watched the highlights, some good moves especially in those conditions, looked very hot and humid.

I hopefully a confidence booster in that they will realise they are just playing football, 11 men vs 11 and that the premiership isn't full of super amazing unbeatable players.

Yes Everton will be better on August 16th, but to have played against a number of the players that will be starting for them and played well and beaten them will ease the first day nerves.

Whilst it'll no doubt be a slight confidence booster, but I don't think we beat them with ease.

We had patches of good play, and certainly improved in the second half demonstrably, but I think our substitutes we of a higher quality to theirs, as they primarily put out a C team, giving us a slight advantage.

Their team on the first day will be much much stronger, so for me it'll be nice to continue a thread of positive performances in our friendlies, and shake off the rust of the off-season, and find the team sheet that will be ready and fully prepared for the challenge ahead, but I certainly wouldn't put much weight on the result against the actual forthcoming Everton fixture.

Whilst it'll no doubt be a slight confidence booster, but I don't think we beat them with ease.

We had patches of good play, and certainly improved in the second half demonstrably, but I think our substitutes we of a higher quality to theirs, as they primarily put out a C team, giving us a slight advantage.

Their team on the first day will be much much stronger, so for me it'll be nice to continue a thread of positive performances in our friendlies, and shake off the rust of the off-season, and find the team sheet that will be ready and fully prepared for the challenge ahead, but I certainly wouldn't put much weight on the result against the actual forthcoming Everton fixture.

I didn't say we beat them with ease, I said that we have played well and beat them will ease the first day nerves.

There will be no complacency we know that players like Barkley, Howard, Mirallas, Baines, Jagielka will come back, but there won't be the fear of oh my god it's Everton. They will see names like of Distin on the teamsheet and think Vardy had him on toast, Barry, McCarthy, Pienaar, Osman all quality midfielders 100 prem starts between them last season, but we held our own against them.

The comment about the fans is rather odd, of course we're going to struggle for support over there by dint of being out of the Premier League for so long. We know our place, and Everton will garner more shirts because they are a bigger club and are constantly in the top division.

I'm not sure what they've learnt from that, other than Everton are a bigger and better known club, which we all realise.

I didn't say we beat them with ease, I said that we have played well and beat them will ease the first day nerves.

There will be no complacency we know that players like Barkley, Howard, Mirallas, Baines, Jagielka will come back, but there won't be the fear of oh my god it's Everton. They will see names like of Distin on the teamsheet and think Vardy had him on toast, Barry, McCarthy, Pienaar, Osman all quality midfielders 100 prem starts between them last season, but we held our own against them.

Sorry my bad. Misread your post clearly.

I don't think the team should or will approach the season with fear at all. I would hope that expectations of a vocal minority allow the players to make inevitable mistakes, and time to bed into a season that's going to be a steep learning curve.

Vardy, Knocky, and Nugent looked ready.

I was a little unsure of Moore's performance in fairness, but again I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and I hope he can make the step up.

I missed it unfortunately, my brother thinks Ulloa looked awful?

Awful? Not sure on that showing

To get the benefit out of him our other 10 players will have to change how they play & what brought us our record breaking success

Strange signing imo, unless he's a plan B

The most biased piece of writing about the friendly? (I don't want to give the author the title of 'journalist')

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-things-learned-everton-fc-7516453?

Reading the Everton forums has been very similar reading. I thought a club built on good values having to share a city with some of the most graceless fans in the world would have some tact but alas not the case.

Archived