Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

Who would be on your shortlist then? I can't imagine Klopp or Ancelotti wanting anything to do with this shambles but I suppose Klopp has talked about wanting a "project". Not many bigger going than at anfield right now I suppose...

I would want Ancelotti, love the man and he has some love affection for Liverpool as well. So if it was possible him. Whoever is the eventual replacement, because if we lose the Derby he is a goner, the replacement needs to be a 'world class' manager, someone who has instant respect from the players, the fans and the media, we can't have someone come in again with question marks above their head like Rodgers and Hodgson did. "Is he really good enough to manager Liverpool FC?" not a question you ask if Ancelotti comes in.

Ideally, for me, bring Ancelotti in, give him £50million in Januaray and finish as high as we can. Then in the summer let him strip the squad and let him build and even with Europa League football, Ancelotti would be able to bring in top end signings, something Rodgers has never been able to do.

I want change and it is time for Rodgers to leave, but I'll never want to see us lose so he goes quicker.

Who would be on your shortlist then? I can't imagine Klopp or Ancelotti wanting anything to do with this shambles but I suppose Klopp has talked about wanting a "project". Not many bigger going than at anfield right now I suppose...

Klopp doesn't have the reputation he had of a couple of seasons ago (where he could have had any job bar Barcelona) after a disastrous season at Dortmund by their standards. The Liverpool job would require him to have tremendous bollocks because if that goes tits up then it's unlikely he'll be able to get another top job.

Liverpool need to go steady for a while. Start a fresh and build their way back. They have the fanbase, pulling power and resources far beyond their current stature (a team scrapping for a Europa spot) so it's not like they're a Southampton or something.

Get rid of the deadwood and get in a couple highly thought of players where they've actually done their homework. They need someone who has that X factor because since Gerrard and Suarez have left I don't see anyone in that team that can pick the team off it's arse.

It's time for Liverpool to stop pissing about because they're fast becoming a joke.

I would want Ancelotti, love the man and he has some love affection for Liverpool as well. So if it was possible him. Whoever is the eventual replacement, because if we lose the Derby he is a goner, the replacement needs to be a 'world class' manager, someone who has instant respect from the players, the fans and the media, we can't have someone come in again with question marks above their head like Rodgers and Hodgson did. "Is he really good enough to manager Liverpool FC?" not a question you ask if Ancelotti comes in.

Ideally, for me, bring Ancelotti in, give him £50million in Januaray and finish as high as we can. Then in the summer let him strip the squad and let him build and even with Europa League football, Ancelotti would be able to bring in top end signings, something Rodgers has never been able to do.

I want change and it is time for Rodgers to leave, but I'll never want to see us lose so he goes quicker.

I think Ancelotti would obviously be a great appointment but why would you want to give him the £50 million in January?

You've acknowledged in this thread that January can lead to crazy prices being paid and a) you don't have a bottomless pit of money and b) the last thing you need is another couple of semi-decent players weighed down by an outrageous price tag.

Depending on how the next few weeks go/when you make the change I almost think you'd be best off sacking off the season and re-investing in the summer. Realistically if you're in a position to challenge for the champions league in January (which to me would be the only circumstance in which I definitely think that you throwing £50 million at Ancelotti would be worth it) FSG aren't going to sack Rodgers anyway...

In the last 3 years Ancelotti has won the Champions League, Ligue 1, The Copa Del Rey and World Club Championship.

Rodgers has spent £20m on Dejan Lovren, scraped past Carlisle on penalties and had his teeth whitened.

lol lol lol lol

With Real Madrid, the biggest club in the World, with the best resources. It's a failure if the manager of Real Madrid doesn't get to a Champions League final.

the way the players celebrated winning the shoot out was really embarrassing, you've just beat Carlisle on pens, not AC Milan in the champions league final again lol

You'll be exactly the same Xmas Day when you get your Xmas card off your Mam and its £15 USC gift card voucher instead the £10 Burtons one you got last Xmas. You'll be celebrating like mad!!

Tincy is obviously just looking for attention again hence the trolling. To be honest I don't know why he wasn't banned when he made up that sick story a couple of months ago.

Anyway surely Rodgers has got to go now you can't keep spending the amounts of money he has and not progress as a club. You need someone to get in their ASAP have time to look and asses the squad start getting rid of any deadwood players and start building a team. I wouldn't even give them £50 million in January as that's a horrible Window to buy in. Save it for the summer when you aren't being forced into paying over the odds, as that's what Liverpool's biggest failing has been in the past couple of years.

Anyone who makes up a story about a rape victim deserves every form of piss taking possible.

the rape victim was true, the only thing I made up was giving her one, she fed me but I didn't get fed anymore

Anyone who makes up a story about a rape victim deserves every form of piss taking possible.

and the same to anyone who supports Liverpool

Archived