Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

Kenny Dalglish signed both Suraez & Carroll on the same day didn't he?

Daliglish signed Suarez and Carroll ( lol  lol  lol ) on the same day after they'd unloaded Torres to Chelsea.

i think he technically did but im pretty sure he was interviewed about it later and said it was a deal already done and he just got to pose in the pictures 

Suarez signed the Saturday, Torres went the Sunday and Carroll came on the Monday, deadline day. Obviously someone with a brain can see why Carroll cost £35million, we had just sold Torres for £50million.

Darkon, before coming in here and stating stuff, have a look. Roy Hodgson most certainly did not sign Luis Suarez.

I am afraid quotes mean nothing for footballers nowdays. Just look at Fabregas' famous quote for an example. I do not normally post in this thread to beat you with a stick but you are better than resorting to quotes- football loyalty are meaningless in the modern age.

I hear what you're saying mate, but I am pretty certain neither of them three players will play the Premier League again.

Obviously someone with a brain can see why Carroll cost £35million, we had just sold Torres for £50million.

Darkon, before coming in here and stating stuff, have a look. Roy Hodgson most certainly did not sign Luis Suarez.

It's a shame you didn't have someone at the club with half a brain that day, as they'd have told Ashley and his band of merry men to stop taking he pi$$.

Suarez signed the Saturday, Torres went the Sunday and Carroll came on the Monday, deadline day. Obviously someone with a brain can see why Carroll cost £35million, we had just sold Torres for £50million.

In Kenny's own words....

He [suarez] was coming in anyway before I took over as manager. We knew what he had done for Ajax and what he was capable of doing. We never put any pressure on him, just asked him to do the best he possibly could". (Liverpool Echo December 2013)

Benitez vaguely identified him towards the end of his spell, the Hodgson took over and personally watched him and set the wheels in motion. The deal was done before Kenny took the job.

"Yes, we looked at him [suarez], but it was at a time the club was in the throes of a change of ownership. There was no question of making a bid. It was in between the two transfer windows. I went to see him play in a Champions League game against Milan. Suarez was well researched". (Hodgson speaking in October 2011 before FSG's deal was completed. The money would then be available to follow through and set up the deal).

We have been linked with Klopp ever since he left Borrusia Dortmund, 'apparently' spoke with him on two occasions, been no denial from the club, probably because it was all media garbage and felt they didn't need too. We are linked with Carlo Ancelotti for a day and the club deny it, very strange.

If we fail to beat Villa on Saturday (which won't surprise me with their Anfield record) then this Ancelotti stuff and pressure on Rodgers is going to be huge.

Does anyone on here really give a toss about Liverpool?

Enough  to view and post in it Col.

I've  got an excuse apart from being  admin I've  got a son in law and grandson ( :( ) who are real fans of them.

The Liverpool fan at work was trying to downplay Leicesters unbeaten record this season saying they should be top if they are still unbeaten and all our draws are just points dropped. We should be winning as many points as possible cos we will need them in our battle against relegation. lol

He redeemed himself when he told me how much he hated Brenden Rogers.

The Liverpool fan at work was trying to downplay Leicesters unbeaten record this season saying they should be top if they are still unbeaten and all our draws are just points dropped. We should be winning as many points as possible cos we will need them in our battle against relegation. lol

He redeemed himself when he told me how much he hated Brenden Rogers.

One thing I would never do and never have is slate Leicester. Love seeing you do well, much deserved.

The 85 different posters to post in this thread, 800+ posts and 17,000+ views kind of suggest a fair few of you do. lol

lol

Fair play..

I think many on this thread come to argue with YOU as opposed to really giving a shite about Liverpool though mate..

You do seem a decent bloke and very fair in your posts.

The double deal of Carroll & Suarez and the fact Suarez was cheaper is in a nutshell why England is terrible to buy from.

Said it numerous times in this thread mate, that whole transfer window was messed up as soon as Darren Bent transferred from Sunderland to Villa (or the other way around) for £24.5million. If he goes for that, then we were going to demand a lot more for Torres. Newcastle know we have £50million on deadline day, Carroll was the best thing in England at the time, top English scorer and they again have seen Darren Bent go for £24.5million, they were always going to demand more and fair play to them.

lol

Fair play..

I think many on this thread come to argue with YOU as opposed to really giving a shite about Liverpool though mate..

You do seem a decent bloke and very fair in your posts.

This is kinda true. The likes of AKCJ and Horse literally just come here for Lofty baiting.

Pretty sure he enjoys it mind so the joke is on them.

Rodgers is definitely the main problem, spends loads of money on attacking midfielders and strikers in the summer, chooses to play 433 with strikers and attacking midfielders out wide and a 19 year old right footed CB at left back

Rodgers is definitely the main problem, spends loads of money on attacking midfielders and strikers in the summer, chooses to play 433 with strikers and attacking midfielders out wide and a 19 year old right footed CB at left back

Unfortunately, you are right.

Playing Joe Gomez hasn't been an issue though, he performed well, gave Alberto Moreno the kick up the arse he needed and he has comeback into the side and performed well in France and at home to Norwich on Sunday.

Our centre backs I believe would be good enough, if they did soley what they are in the side to do and that's to defend. Maybe if Mignolet wasn't instructed to pass the ball out to the centre backs, who then play a danger ball into the midfield we wouldn't get turned around so easily. The only centre back we have had comfortable enough to do that was Daniel Agger, but he was made out of tracing paper. When we signed Benteke I thought that was going to be the end of that nonsense at the back, we would get the ball up to Benteke and have runners off him, not happened once.

Unfortunately, you are right.

Playing Joe Gomez hasn't been an issue though, he performed well, gave Alberto Moreno the kick up the arse he needed and he has comeback into the side and performed well in France and at home to Norwich on Sunday.

Our centre backs I believe would be good enough, if they did soley what they are in the side to do and that's to defend. Maybe if Mignolet wasn't instructed to pass the ball out to the centre backs, who then play a danger ball into the midfield we wouldn't get turned around so easily. The only centre back we have had comfortable enough to do that was Daniel Agger, but he was made out of tracing paper. When we signed Benteke I thought that was going to be the end of that nonsense at the back, we would get the ball up to Benteke and have runners off him, not happened once.

It's either that he doesn't identify players to sign or he's absolutely clueless when it comes to putting a squad together, I think it's the latter.

Archived