Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Will there be any more deals?

But this is what people have been saying since the beginning of June "oh we're still 2 and half months away yet plenty of time"

We're less than 48 hours away now from our first premiership game and it looks like our team will be weaker than the one that played against Doncaster on May 3rd.

This is correct. I predict we will lose to Everton by quite an embarrassing scoreline and then hopefully Pearson realises that we are playing Chelsea next and not Yeovil and decide to bring in some players that actually improve our squad because none of the signings we have made so far add anything that's an improvement. Ulloa, not better then any of our other strikers. Albrighton, not better then Knockaert or Mahrez. Upson, not better then any of our other defenders. Hamer, no where near Schmeichel's level. Truly disappointing.

Am I the only one that thinks all of our deals this summer are 'good' Championship signings. Hamer - Charlton (18th) relegation battle, Upson - Hasn't played Prem football since 2012 if not later and his best days were behind him even then, Ulloa - Cost WAY too much than he's worth/shown (hope he proves me wrong), a few Man Utd rejects that have gone into the reserve squad. Only Albrighton is the promising spark out of the bunch and he hasn't had a great last few seasons, which is probably down to injuries that weren't his fault, but I hope he can replicate some of his old form (I think got him a few Eng U21 caps) for us 

Anyone?

3 more in would be very good. The real danger is that all this faffing around will lead us down the

route of another Beckfvck last minute panic signing.

One big neg party.

Yeah but the last seven or eight posts have been on the money which, quite frankly, is very worrying indeed. We may be a Premier League club but I feel like I support a Championship team based on the summer so far. Pearson needs to pull his fingers out and land some improvements urgently.

I understand we have come up from the Championship but it doesn't mean we have Championship players and a Championship squad. We were far too good for that division. I'm worried about a few e.g. Konchesky, Wasyl, Hammond etc... . However, our players are still improving and we can't suddenly want to discard lots of the players that got us up because they were in the Championship and didn't play in this league. I am a bit worried we haven't got a couple more in but I reckon we will do by August 31st and that's good enough for me.

I don't think we have to improve that much to survive. I would still like to see a left back and a central midfielder but if we play like we did last year then we should be better than 3 teams in the Premiership over 38 games.

Though very few people outside of the club really know what goes on in these signing negotiations, Does anybody feel as I do, that the negotiators eyes are well off the ball with regard to the bigger picture.

We are a very small squad in terms of experience, also now shorn of quality players for saturday through injury.

Surely there has been way too much focus on this one deal. Eggs in baskets so to speak.

I sincerely hope we dont pay with two or three losses at the beginning of the season that could end up shaping our destination back to the championship.

Im a big fan of nigel and want to trust in him footballing wise. Just are we missing other opportunities only to fail in the big scoop ultimately?

Though very few people outside of the club really know what goes on in these signing negotiations, Does anybody feel as I do, that the negotiators eyes are well off the ball with regard to the bigger picture.

We are a very small squad in terms of experience, also now shorn of quality players for saturday through injury.

Surely there has been way too much focus on this one deal. Eggs in baskets so to speak.

I sincerely hope we dont pay with two or three losses at the beginning of the season that could end up shaping our destination back to the championship.

Im a big fan of nigel and want to trust in him footballing wise. Just are we missing other opportunities only to fail in the big scoop ultimately?

We could make as many signings as we want and still lose to Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal in our first three games...

I understand we have come up from the Championship but it doesn't mean we have Championship players and a Championship squad. We were far too good for that division. I'm worried about a few e.g. Konchesky, Wasyl, Hammond etc... . However, our players are still improving and we can't suddenly want to discard lots of the players that got us up because they were in the Championship and didn't play in this league. I am a bit worried we haven't got a couple more in but I reckon we will do by August 31st and that's good enough for me.

Agreed.

We don't need to worry about the first 11 and a couple of others.

I still think if we don't get another striker and wood stays he will be ok 4th choice.

LB felt like a worry but I hear Schlupp has done superb pre season which makes it less of a problem as he has all the attributes to be class in that position.

CDM is obviously being addressed.

Maybe loan/buy a winger. Serge Gnarby would be a decent loan if available.

With upson injured we might want to short term loan a defender because I would be worried if wasyl was called upon.

I think everyone expected us to go up and build a top 6 team straight the way haha. We need to take it steady else we will end up doing what most do and have no balance, chemistry, rhythm or personality in the squad. We will have a group of individuals all settling in whilst we lose every game and the confidence goes then we are fked.

We currently have a TEAM that have done this themselves and got us into the position we are in. They all trust each other's talent and ability. They will pick each other up through out the season as they all seem good friends and a close unit.

People need to step back and get behind the team. I can see people calling for Pearsons head if we lose a few games.... Which as a Leicester fan myself would be embarrassing.

Yeah but the last seven or eight posts have been on the money which, quite frankly, is very worrying indeed. We may be a Premier League club but I feel like I support a Championship team based on the summer so far. Pearson needs to pull his fingers out and land some improvements urgently.

Are they though? Exactly the same complaints were made last summer: the team isn't good enough, we haven't made enough signings, we're not showing any ambition, etc etc. Throwing money in all directions to get players in isn't the answer, I hoped we would've learnt that from the Sven regime.

Why do you feel like you support a championship team? The team we have won the championship comfortably, we've not lost any players, who's to say the players we have can't compete in the Premier League? I understand the desire for new signings, for example I'm very surprised that we've not brought in a LB, but this negativity that we're guaranteed to go down if we don't buy players is unnecessary.

I suppose I meant the whole "feel like I support a Championship team" metaphorically. I believe Pearson would have tried to sign all the players we have signed this summer had we not got promoted. I'm not doubting the new players' ability, I'm just doubting that they are improvements on last season's squad. Judging by the pace of the transfer dealings this summer I'd be surprised if we signed any more then one player.

Are they though? Exactly the same complaints were made last summer: the team isn't good enough, we haven't made enough signings, we're not showing any ambition, etc etc. Throwing money in all directions to get players in isn't the answer, I hoped we would've learnt that from the Sven regime.

Why do you feel like you support a championship team? The team we have won the championship comfortably, we've not lost any players, who's to say the players we have can't compete in the Premier League? I understand the desire for new signings, for example I'm very surprised that we've not brought in a LB, but this negativity that we're guaranteed to go down if we don't buy players is unnecessary.

The difference being that last season we were an established Championship club and this season we are Premier League new boys. I'm not saying I want them to throw money around like idiots, the fact of the matter is we have probably lost out on a number of targets already because we aren't prepared to pay what other Premier League clubs are prepared to pay them.

The Ulloa transfer was a joke. We chased him for ages thinking Brighton would half their asking price, we were stingy for too long and wasted a lot of time when we could have just offered the asking price (what we signed him for in the end anyway) and signed him after a week. The same thing is happening with Cambiasso and Deeney and it will continue unless we start digging deep. The Premier League is no place for cheap skates.

Though very few people outside of the club really know what goes on in these signing negotiations,

?

Exactly. We could have gone in for 40 players this summer and had a variety of reasons for potential deals to break down. The owners clearly don't want to be taken for a ride. We don't upset any harmony either. We could have done a Palace and really fcuked up.

I believe you have answered your own query in relation to your last sentence. Does anyone genuinely believe Konchesky at left back is good enougth for the premiership? This, the same Konchesky signed by Hodgson for Liverpool then berated by his own fans for abysmal displays for them in the premiership? He was then shipped out on loan never to play for Liverpool again. That is just one. Yes, we walked the Championship last season but this is the premier league. Others are building their squads. Why aren't we. An example It was mentioned on Tuesday Southampton were interested in signing Long from Hull for 12 million. A whole two days later, yes two days he has passed a medical, signed on and agreed terms.

What, the hell do we do at City? Any player it seems to take forever before it happens? We then sign the likes of Upson who must have had his injury when we signed him? Why? Who is the clubs medical team? What a waste of wages.

Yes, there are two weeks left before the transfer window slams shut. Let's pray we don't get injuries to anyone of Drinkwater, James, Morgan, Kasper? If we do we will be fooked.

The Ulloa transfer was a joke. We chased him for ages thinking Brighton would half their asking price, we were stingy for too long and wasted a lot of time when we could have just offered the asking price (what we signed him for in the end anyway) and signed him after a week. The same thing is happening with Cambiasso and Deeney and it will continue unless we start digging deep. The Premier League is no place for cheap skates.

It's a joke because it was leaked in public. This is the way transfer deals happen.

It's a joke because it was leaked in public. This is the way transfer deals happen.

Didn't Southampton sign Long two days after reported interest? When we are linked with someone the deal either doesn't happen or it takes about a month to materialise and I can only see it being down to rubbish wages or stingy transfer bids. We need to start meeting clubs valuations of players quicker, if the first bid is rejected then bid the asking price the next day and not a month later like we have been doing. Then we need to start paying players what they ask for or they will find someone who will and there will be no signings of any significant quality this summer. It's been a waste of a transfer window in my opinion. A very, very important transfer window.

Archived