Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Will there be any more deals?

Looks like we won't sign anyone until after Chelsea away? Once NP gets a feel after the first 2 games on what targets he needs to step up n buy

If Pearson needs two games to spot our weak positions then he's in the wrong game. We all know the left back is our Achilles heel and the defense in general is not up to Premiership standard.

West Ham footballer Ravel Morrison charged with assault on two women

_76643434_76643429.jpgRavel Morrison was sold to West Ham for £650,000 in January 2012

West Ham footballer Ravel Morrison has been charged with assaulting two women, police said.

Morrison, 21, of Urmston, is accused of attacking a 19-year old woman outside a bar in Manchester in the early hours of Sunday.

He is further charged with assaulting her and a second woman, aged 39, at an address in Salford hours later.

The footballer is due before Manchester and Salford Magistrates' Court later.

A spokeswoman for Greater Manchester Police said: "At about 3.20am on Sunday police were called to an address on Alexandra Road, Peel Green, Salford, following reports a 19-year-old woman and a 39-year-old woman had been assaulted.

"Officers attended and established the young woman had also been assaulted outside a bar in Manchester city centre earlier that evening and a 21-year-old man was subsequently arrested at a later date."

The midfielder was widely tipped to become a Manchester United regular as one of the club's best home-grown prospects in their youth teams.

He was sold by former boss Sir Alex Ferguson to West Ham for £650,000 in January 2012.

He has since been loaned by West Ham to QPR and Birmingham City.

Great Signing

Hmm like anyone is surprised. :rolleyes:  

I think as it stands, QPR have added at least Caulker ( he did sign, didn't he?), Ferdinand, Taraabt and Remy to their likely first team. That's some talent / experience. We've added Albrighton and Ulloa. As starting line-ups appear on paper, ( I know, I know), possibly only Burnley look weaker than us at time of writing. Villa, West Brom and Swansea aren't far away. But I would suggest we really do need to be focussed on finding a couple more quality additions in remainder of window. An injury to any of Drinky, James, De Laet, Vardy or Wes and we look more than a little threadbare.

1 or 2 defenders & a midfielder is a must, or I can see us struggling early on, as other teams set the pace, and we'll then be playing catch up.

The likes of Drinkwater & James won't be marking the likes of Stephen Dawson anymore. The likes of De Laet & Morgan won't have the likes of Frank Nouble & Tokelo Rantie running at them anymore.

That's me probably getting frustrated and slightly panicking, but the step up is not going to be easy at all.

I think we are all agreed that we need extra players in midfield and defence and im certain Nige is aware of this also, so I don't think there is need to panic. Last time we panicked we ended up signing Beckford on transfer deadline day. Nige will be finding it very hard to find the right type of player for the right price but im certain he'll have tricks up his sleeve. I'll be amazed/worried if we don't sign anymore players. People do need to stop comparing what other teams are doing though, its irrelevant. When QPR signed MBia, Bosingwa, Cisse etc under Mark Hughes, I bet everyone thought they'd do well and look how that ended. Just cos you spend loads of money and buy 'big name' players doesn't guarentee success.

I think as it stands, QPR have added at least Caulker ( he did sign, didn't he?), Ferdinand, Taraabt and Remy to their likely first team. That's some talent / experience. We've added Albrighton and Ulloa. As starting line-ups appear on paper, ( I know, I know), possibly only Burnley look weaker than us at time of writing. Villa, West Brom and Swansea aren't far away. But I would suggest we really do need to be focussed on finding a couple more quality additions in remainder of window. An injury to any of Drinky, James, De Laet, Vardy or Wes and we look more than a little threadbare.

Caulker - class

Ferdinand - past it

Taarabt - extremely inconsistent (will probably have 5 good games)

Remy - I still reckon he'll leave.

Qpr need to strengthen more than us as our squad was far superior last season. And as I said earlier, we shouldn't compare our transfer deals to other clubs as it means nothing!

Caulker - class

Ferdinand - past it

Taarabt - extremely inconsistent (will probably have 5 good games)

Remy - I still reckon he'll leave.

Qpr need to strengthen more than us as our squad was far superior last season. And as I said earlier, we shouldn't compare our transfer deals to other clubs as it means nothing!

They are about to get Isla and Eto'o so they will be pretty strong tbf

They are about to get Isla and Eto'o so they will be pretty strong tbf

I would love to see them relegated and see them try to fall in line with ffp with all them players on the books. I don't like qpr and I don't like Redknapp. Regardless of who they are signing im far happier being a leicester fan and I wouldn't swap pearson for that bent bastard!

I would love to see them relegated and see them try to fall in line with ffp with all them players on the books. I don't like qpr and I don't like Redknapp. Regardless of who they are signing im far happier being a leicester fan and I wouldn't swap pearson for that bent bastard!

I can't stand them either but if we were signing them you have to admit you would love it. I hope they do fail and go down but I have to admit I cant see it happening

I can't stand them either but if we were signing them you have to admit you would love it. I hope they do fail and go down but I have to admit I cant see it happening

I know what you mean but they are all old. Except Isla of course. But add Rio and eto'o to the likes of Dunne, Hill, Zamora etc and its like dads army. We've got some great youngsters (unproven at the top I know) that really excite me. The likes of moore, schlupp, drinky, james, mahrez and knockaert could be great for us for years. Where will qpr be in 12 months when half their squad retires? I just don't believe in signing what I class as old has beens. Especially when they are on outrageous wages! Newspaper reports say eto'o wants £100k a week! That's ridiculous! And it was paying wages like that, that sent Portsmouth the way they were.

I'm a massive Nige fan but even I'm getting nervous that we haven't strengthened the defence. I'm beginning to think that maybe that's it for this window :(

As for other clubs, particularly QPR, I really couldn't give a **** who they sign I'm just concerned with what we do.

I know what you mean but they are all old. Except Isla of course. But add Rio and eto'o to the likes of Dunne, Hill, Zamora etc and its like dads army. We've got some great youngsters (unproven at the top I know) that really excite me. The likes of moore, schlupp, drinky, james, mahrez and knockaert could be great for us for years. Where will qpr be in 12 months when half their squad retires? I just don't believe in signing what I class as old has beens. Especially when they are on outrageous wages! Newspaper reports say eto'o wants £100k a week! That's ridiculous! And it was paying wages like that, that sent Portsmouth the way they were.

I wouldn't want rio etc caulker I would take, and Isla but I wouldn't take eto'o for that no chance

No more signings & relegation is nailed on for me. 

I'll be astonished if those in charge allow is to go into such a huge season with our squad as it is.

You must be a right barrel of laughs at any family doo. With your constant negativity I'm surprised you have the willpower to get out of bed in the morning. Give it a rest, for your own sake.

I sure hope so and where's this wonderful scouting system everyone tells me we've got - all busily finding hidden magicians we'd never have heard of like Red-hot Martian wonder-wingers or Saturnian centre-forwards who'll run rings round anyone?

Perhaps the answer lies in Palestine. There won't be many competing scouts there, yet those poor sods are jumping so high they'd probably all be better than anything we've got at set-pieces and they'd certainly be good at ghosting in behind defenders with all the tunnels they practice in.  

Otherwise I reckon most anyone who's anyone has been well looked at and none seem over interested in the £30,000 a week they see as "only workmen's wages". Crouch might be the worse of the lot and want paying by the inch! lol 

You must be a right barrel of laughs at any family doo. With your constant negativity I'm surprised you have the willpower to get out of bed in the morning. Give it a rest, for your own sake.

Have your little pop mate. Happy for you if that's what you get your kicks from on a Saturday night.

I'll continue to call it as I see it. 

Archived