Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Will there be any more deals?

Will there be any more deals? Answer - We have to wait and see and have trust in the Management.

It is very easy to bring new players in, but not so easy to bring the right players in. Have patience.

Have your little pop mate. Happy for you if that's what you get your kicks from on a Saturday night.

I'll continue to call it as I see it. 

That's pretty rich coming from somebody who uses their free time to make calculated attempts to antagonise anonymous strangers on the internet...

I just dread to think what would happen if our only creative midfielder was injured. Hammond is not prem quality and King is not that type of player.We need RB cover and a LB. We will also need some pace at CB or cover if Upson remains injured.Terry Robinson has not proved to be good as yet and it could be a very expensive mistake to have announced that the club have a wage cap.To prosper we will have to bring in more quality and that may cost more than we pay our current playing staff. 

I just dread to think what would happen if our only creative midfielder was injured. Hammond is not prem quality and King is not that type of player.We need RB cover and a LB. We will also need some pace at CB or cover if Upson remains injured.Terry Robinson has not proved to be good as yet and it could be a very expensive mistake to have announced that the club have a wage cap.To prosper we will have to bring in more quality and that may cost more than we pay our current playing staff. 

I understand what your saying, but wise to be careful with our wage structure at this stage especially if it doesn't work at this level and we can't expect our owner's to bail us out. Then on top of that you have the FFP and looked what happened to man city. So yes it would be nice to get some better player's in but it will have to work within our budget, guessing Pearson has already lost out in the transfer market because of this. 

shut you you ****ing tard, I thought we needed more signings last season and we romped the league, our squad is already bigger than last season even with the few signings we have made and teams that sign a shit load of players after promotion struggle more than others, look at QPR and Palace at the start of last season (it wasn't all down to Hollowhead).

Hammond and GTF didn't play that much last season so using them in your example makes you look an idiot from the off, Schlupp came in after Konch got banned and very nearly got to the World cup.

I'm sure we'll sign at least 1 or 2 more before September 1st so stop panicking like a ****tard for once and just enjoy it

That's a pretty hate-filled post, there. To be honest, a couple of years ago the more rational and reasoned posts tended to be those defending the club line, but this summer some of the more rabid, moronic messages I've seen have been from that same camp.

Even though his posts - to some forum members - read like those of a club employee, I enjoy reading what Babylon has to say because he is - for the most part - measured and not at all hysterical (this post, on the other hand, is just a savage rant). But earlier in the summer he, among others, said on various occasions that concerns over our early signings were not justified because it was May at the time, and that - even though Pearson tends to do the bulk of his business in May - other clubs frequently wait. As such, it would be more reasonable to be just a little nervous come the back end of July / early August.

Now we're in August and it's hard to identify any significant improvement on our starting XI. The neutral press are quite rightly questioning our squad's strength and there is absolutely nothing wrong with fans expressing a few concerns too. That's not to say we shouldn't be optimistic, but we're not club employees or propagandists, it's right for us to have an open discussion. At times the 'party line' ethos on this forum is like something out of '1984'.

i imagine it's already been pointed out but we still don't actually have a very good left back anywhere in the squad so hopefully deals are not finished. i imagine we'll get one on loan though, whenever you're allowed to do that. 

Nothing to base this on but I reckon we'll make 2 or 3 signings this week. I reckon we've been working hard but not getting deals done - hopefully things will step up this week and we'll get a couple through the doors.

Things do tend to pick up the closer you get to the deadline.

We are fine at RB with Moore as cover. LB could do with a first choice. I think we just need cover.

I'd be happy to see 3 signings... A LB, CDM and a Striker/Winger/CAM (sterling/Walcott/oxlade type)

I'm happy with the starting 11 bar left back. We have good options upfront. CM could do with a bit of competition and LB could do with some real proven quality.

We are fine at RB with Moore as cover. LB could do with a first choice. I think we just need cover.

I'd be happy to see 3 signings... A LB, CDM and a Striker/Winger/CAM (sterling/Walcott/oxlade type)

I'm happy with the starting 11 bar left back. We have good options upfront. CM could do with a bit of competition and LB could do with some real proven quality.

Last season we could get away with putting Moore at RB, but I don't think we can get away with it this season. I'm genuinely concerned if RDL gets injured because there's no one to step directly into his position. LB we're sorted with both Konch and Schlupp, so RB is the priority.

I agree we need another CM and a backup winger.

Considering Upsons age he's going to take an age to get fit. So another CB for me is a must if we are thinking of using Moore as emergency right back.

I think we need another centre half and a full back. Ideally if we could get a utility player in who can play in defence and midfield that might ease the pressure on our lack of depth we have with only 3 weeks of the window left. I would still bring Ignasi Miquel back if he'd come and be a squad player again. He plays that left central role with ease, which Morgan, Moore and Wasyl had a few issues with against shrewd strikers.

I think we need another centre half and a full back. Ideally if we could get a utility player in who can play in defence and midfield that might ease the pressure on our lack of depth we have with only 3 weeks of the window left. I would still bring Ignasi Miquel back if he'd come and be a squad player again. He plays that left central role with ease, which Morgan, Moore and Wasyl had a few issues with against shrewd strikers.

I still want RB, LB, CB, CM, W, ST lol 

I still want RB, LB, CB, CM, W, ST lol

Hahahahaa now I am panicking if you think we need that many. I always look to you for reassurance that things aren't as bad as our fans make out.

What's concerning me is a lot of players we were heavily linked with are starting to join other clubs so I get the impression we're not actively pursuing players right now. I know half of the rumours you read are horseshit but the likes of John Percy know when we're in for players and there's been nothing now for a while!!!

Hahahahaa now I am panicking if you think we need that many. I always look to you for reassurance that things aren't as bad as our fans make out.

What's concerning me is a lot of players we were heavily linked with are starting to join other clubs so I get the impression we're not actively pursuing players right now. I know half of the rumours you read are horseshit but the likes of John Percy know when we're in for players and there's been nothing now for a while!!!

They might not be that bad!! I just don't know how many of them will perform so I was being very cautious and replacing all the people I had question marks over. He obviously knows better than I and hasn't panicked like I would have lol

I thought it was the perfect opportunity to replace GTF, Hammond, Konch and maybe even Was' with a bit better quality. He obviously has faith in them, or he knows we can't really afford to replace them with players costing millions on long contracts just yet.

Archived