Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Will there be any more deals?

Didn't Southampton sign Long two days after reported interest? When we are linked with someone the deal either doesn't happen or it takes about a month to materialise and I can only see it being down to rubbish wages or stingy transfer bids. We need to start meeting clubs valuations of players quicker, if the first bid is rejected then bid the asking price the next day and not a month later like we have been doing. Then we need to start paying players what they ask for or they will find someone who will and there will be no signings of any significant quality this summer. It's been a waste of a transfer window in my opinion. A very, very important transfer window.

I'll reserve judgement until then end of the month.

I'll reserve judgement until then end of the month.

If our transfer policy remains the same it will be a waste of a transfer window. All we have signed is a few replacement players of equal quality to the players we already have. Since the level in quality is a step up shouldn't our transfer activity also be to level it out? Some of the players we have been linked with are players I'm convinced are a step up in quality to what we already have but I'm not sure we have the financial clout to finish deals off. I suspect we have missed out on a few because of this.

If our transfer policy remains the same it will be a waste of a transfer window. All we have signed is a few replacement players of equal quality to the players we already have. Since the level in quality is a step up shouldn't our transfer activity also be to level it out? Some of the players we have been linked with are players I'm convinced are a step up in quality to what we already have but I'm not sure we have the financial clout to finish deals off. I suspect we have missed out on a few because of this.

You may well be correct and if we don't sign 3 or 4 more key players by the end of the month, I'll totally agree with you. But like I said, before I judge, I'll wait til the transfer window closes.

You may well be correct and if we don't sign 3 or 4 more key players by the end of the month, I'll totally agree with you. But like I said, before I judge, I'll wait til the transfer window closes.

Fair enough, I would change my mind if we signed one or two quality players but I can't see it unfortunately. We could do with replacing a few of our current players. Konchesky, Hammond and Taylor-Fletcher aren't good enough, on top of that we need a right back for cover, a new centre back since Upson is injured and a winger to add to the three we have. That's six. No way are we getting that many unless the transfer policy changes, and even then we will probably be too late. I know Nigel wants to give last year's lads a chance and they deserve it but what's wrong with having a few top drawer players to slowly integrate into the team?

Didn't Southampton sign Long two days after reported interest? When we are linked with someone the deal either doesn't happen or it takes about a month to materialise and I can only see it being down to rubbish wages or stingy transfer bids. We need to start meeting clubs valuations of players quicker, if the first bid is rejected then bid the asking price the next day and not a month later like we have been doing. Then we need to start paying players what they ask for or they will find someone who will and there will be no signings of any significant quality this summer. It's been a waste of a transfer window in my opinion. A very, very important transfer window.

We don't know how long ago negotiations started between Hull and Southampton for Long. The media heard two days before signing but I suspect negotiations took a couple of weeks.

Sometimes the deal 'doesn't happen' because there was never any interest anyway and the media are being played by agents etc for their client to get a better deal.

And doesn't take a genius to work out we are restricting wages and topping players salaries up with bonuses should we stay up. Cardiff had a massive problem last year where Caulker and Medel came on mega wages which annoyed the rest of the squad. Giving players top dollar to battle relegation is false economy. There's no benefit to the player if they stay up. Despite a small wage drop, they will still be on big wages.

Pulis leaving Palace today proves the transfer lark isn't easy.

We don't know how long ago negotiations started between Hull and Southampton for Long. The media heard two days before signing but suspect negotiations took a couple of weeks.

Pulis leaving Palace today proves the transfer lark isn't easy.

We were linked to Cambiasso about a week ago, and nothing. We were linked with Ulloa for a good month before we signed him. Pulis has left Crystal Palace?!?!

If our transfer policy remains the same it will be a waste of a transfer window. All we have signed is a few replacement players of equal quality to the players we already have. Since the level in quality

is a step up shouldn't our transfer activity also be to level it out? Some of the players we have been linked with are players I'm convinced are a step up in quality to what we already have but I'm not

sure we have the financial clout to finish deals off. I suspect we have missed out on a few because of this.

Bang on

This transfer window is just awful.I dont think it is NP but our DOF or the owners.10 years to get back and we are going to throw it away.What a farce.It will be to late by Christmas.I just wonder how long NP will carry the can for transfer policy. I hear Pulis has walked form CP for a similar reason.

I will stick by Pearson, but am truly staggered at the lack of quality in the few new arrivals. We seem to have missed out on bringing in real quality. unless the you know who deal goes through.

The biggest question is why has he left it so late, if he intends to bring in more? I'm not feeling very confident at this moment in time, but as I said, I will stick with the manager.

The 30k wage is holding is back massively if true and if not unless we get in the real world and accept that we need to pay to compete then we really will struggle few injuries and our squad is so thin. Even the teams tipped to struggle are improving - look a Sunderland Rodwell and Gomez and Buckley today. Seriously worried Pearson has too much faith in this squad.

I am glad we're not panic buying ... however I wish we'd find the right players for the right roles quickly, because I am a little worried we might miss out

Everton historically start a league slowly - and they have players who aren't match fit

While there is time to still bring in more I think it might be an opportunity missed if we look like we're missing that all important new dynamic on Saturday and it costs us points

The owners even though have been spot on last season really dropped a bollock with that ridiculous top 5 180m comment.

Adds un-needed pressure especially when there has been fcuk all evidence to suggest that 180m is being spent.

I will stick by Pearson, but am truly staggered at the lack of quality in the few new arrivals. We seem to have missed out on bringing in real quality. unless the you know who deal goes through.

The biggest question is why has he left it so late, if he intends to bring in more? I'm not feeling very confident at this moment in time, but as I said, I will stick with the manager.

I dont think the problem is NP but the DOF Robinson and he may only be carrying  out the owners instructions, My concern is how long NP will carry the can.After all he has to face the press week in and week out  and will be under intense scrutiny and pressure.If we do have a bad month or two it will be even more of a problem to persuade prospective transfers that we can remain in the prem.After 10 years trying to get back the situation is a complete farce.

We were linked to Cambiasso about a week ago, and nothing. We were linked with Ulloa for a good month before we signed him. Pulis has left Crystal Palace?!?!

You've missed what I said earlier. The Ulloa deal broke to the media early doors , so there was more coverage of it. The selling club love telling the media they are knocking bids back. Fans think they ain't selling cheap and it gets other clubs interested slightly (see Pearson's annoyance with the breaking of Cambiasso).

Hull were quiet with Long deal as it leaves them light up front for striking options and that may annoy the fans. However once it hit a hideous transfer fee, Hull were happy for it go to the press as their fans would be appeased.

I suspect the Cambiasso deal was broken early by his agent trying to get others interested.

People seem to think transfer are like football manager where you stick a bid in and it gets knocked back/accepted. There's a chain of people involved which makes it highly complex; sometimes the media get in early on it, other times not.

I can't help but think football fans are to easy to scapegoat and attempt to put the finger to a sole reason for failure when it's incredibly diverse why things fail in football.

The 30k wage is holding is back massively if true and if not unless we get in the real world and accept that we need to pay to compete then we really will struggle few injuries and our squad is so thin. Even the teams tipped to struggle are improving - look a Sunderland Rodwell and Gomez and Buckley today. Seriously worried Pearson has too much faith in this squad.

Aye world beaters those three. Two lads who performed woefully in the play-offs and an injury prone crock. Was Gomez better than James and Drinkwater last season? Was Buckley better than our wingers?

The bottom line is not a single fan is party to transfer negotiations. No-one has a clue who we went for, whether they were greedy or whether we offered too little.

Without that knowledge, it's difficult to criticise people potentially spending millions of pounds .

It does feel like after some early business things went quiet - do we think the DOF is the issue? Surely the owners must be a little concerned - we finally get promoted and arguably bring in 4 players that are worse than what we have - I get it's a squad game but the fact we haven't even been linked with is LB is worrying...

Archived