Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Will there be any more deals?

No more signings & relegation is nailed on for me. 

I'll be astonished if those in charge allow is to go into such a huge season with our squad as it is. 

Didn't we read this last year?

Didn't we read this last year?

your name kind of makes anything you say irrelevant. Another shit season would say you think last season was shit. I thought it was the best season for years. I'm guessing you may have had the name a while but just change it or open a new account and people may actually take what you say seriously. Or maybe not.

edit sorry corky I repiled to the wrong post. It was aimed at anothershitseason

No more signings & relegation is nailed on for me.

I'll be astonished if those in charge allow is to go into such a huge season with our squad as it is.

To be fair I kind of agree with this.

It's took the owners 4 years to get where they want to be and that's in the Premiership. If rumours are to be believed that we've set a £30k a week wage cap, then they aren't giving us the best chance of survival with such a low budget.

Or what I have wrote is complete rubbish and the owners fully trust & back Pearson with the approach he has took.

To be fair I kind of agree with this.

It's took the owners 4 years to get where they want to be and that's in the Premiership. If rumours are to be believed that we've set a £30k a week wage cap, then they aren't giving us the best chance of survival with such a low budget.

Or what I have wrote is complete rubbish and the owners fully trust & back Pearson with the approach he has took.

I don't think a wage cap will make much difference to be honest, we aren't that attractive to seasoned Premier League players. A new, unknown quantity who will no doubt struggle this season. It is a tougher recruitment process this summer compared to last, it is probably easier to attract Championship players to us as a Championship team than getting Premier League players to join us now.

Fvck it then. Let's just go into the season with Hammond, GTF, Schluup playing as we don't want to upset any players.

shut you you ****ing tard, I thought we needed more signings last season and we romped the league, our squad is already bigger than last season even with the few signings we have made and teams that sign a shit load of players after promotion struggle more than others, look at QPR and Palace at the start of last season (it wasn't all down to Hollowhead).

Hammond and GTF didn't play that much last season so using them in your example makes you look an idiot from the off, Schlupp came in after Konch got banned and very nearly got to the World cup.

I'm sure we'll sign at least 1 or 2 more before September 1st so stop panicking like a ****tard for once and just enjoy it

your name kind of makes anything you say irrelevant. Another shit season would say you think last season was shit. I thought it was the best season for years. I'm guessing you may have had the name a while but just change it or open a new account and people may actually take what you say seriously. Or maybe not.

edit sorry corky I repiled to the wrong post. It was aimed at anothershitseason

Me too. I celebrated as much as everyone else. That's not the issue here though. 

Fvck it then. Let's just go into the season with Hammond, GTF, Schluup playing as we don't want to upset any players.

The blue tinted specs wearers on here will tell you there's nothing wrong with the above. 

Was I the only one to note the way Arsenal ran through Benfica today for example? Lots of blinkered people on here in for a shock in a couple of weeks unless there's a serious re-think underway. Let's hope.

shut you you ****ing tard, I thought we needed more signings last season and we romped the league, our squad is already bigger than last season even with the few signings we have made and teams that sign a shit load of players after promotion struggle more than others, look at QPR and Palace at the start of last season (it wasn't all down to Hollowhead).

Hammond and GTF didn't play that much last season so using them in your example makes you look an idiot from the off, Schlupp came in after Konch got banned and very nearly got to the World cup.

I'm sure we'll sign at least 1 or 2 more before September 1st so stop panicking like a ****tard for once and just enjoy it

Well done on using abusive language. Good way to try and get your point across.

Me too. I celebrated as much as everyone else. That's not the issue here though. 

The blue tinted specs wearers on here will tell you there's nothing wrong with the above. 

Was I the only one to note the way Arsenal ran through Benfica today for example? Lots of blinkered people on here in for a shock in a couple of weeks unless there's a serious re-think underway. Let's hope.

That has changed my view, in fairness. I really thought we'd comfortably outclass a side that has finished in the top 4 for 18 years, has £40 million players in its squad and is packed full of internationals including World Cup winners before today's game.

shut you you ****ing tard,

Far too much of this in almost every thread. 

If you don't relax a bit the trolls will have a great time next season.

I thought we needed more signings last season, but we stormed the Championship...

Yes the Championship!!!

We aren't going to play against the likes of pissing Yeovil, Barnsley & Blackpool every week. Yes we beat Everton in Pre Season; however we did that without them having the likes of Howard, Coleman, Baines, Mirallas & Lukaku, then we have to go on playing the likes of Chelsea & Arsenal.

We have no competition for De Laet, Wasyl showed in the Championship he isn't good at right-back anymore, while Liam Moore needs to play & develop as a centre half. While we have Konchesky on the left-side who's past it, along with Schlupp who will make an impact in some games, but struggle in others. 

We haven't even been linked with a single player for about a week, and you see the likes of QPR being linked with Jordan Mutch & Leroy Fer, those are the types of players we should be looking to attract. 

Other clubs will probably be in the same boat, Sunderland I know are one, and their fans are probably getting frustrated as well, just let fans get on with moaning. 

The top 6 or 7 teams are gonna take a lot of teams to the cleaners. That's not what is gonna define our season. I have faith in Nige and his team. 17th place will do me fine!!!

This...we're going to be in a mini league with (wether we like it or not) Palace,Stoke,Sunderland,Burnley,Qpr,Newcastle and Villa to see who can avoid 18th.Wether we like it or not,we're the new kids in town,and hopefully do a Swansea!

I'm not sure where all these arguments are going? I'm certain we are all agreed we need more players. I'm also certain that Nige is aware of this and will be bringing in new signings. He doesn't have a magic wand and just bring in 4 new players in a day. Im sure we've made enquiries and maybe in talks with players and agents but these things don't happen overnight like on football manager.

Anyone saying we need more players is right.

anyone saying we should copy QPR and spunk money on has beens or bring in players on higher wages than our current top players (kasper, danny etc) are wrong.

anyone thinking we will do well next season without bringing in a few more players are wrong.

anyone who doesn't have faith in Nigel and his team are wrong.

Do you think the current players have a bonus structure to top up there wages if we stay up? Then we could sign players over the 30k a week and keep the other players happy. I agree we need 3 or 4 in , defenders midfield and possibly one more striker be hard with a 30k wage cap in the prem though.

Archived