Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclee

Ulloa

Ulloa was great yesterday. Worked hard, a threat and his first touch is impeccable. Those doubting Nugent really don't appreciate his role, his constant energy and closing down helped up defend from the front.

Interesting to see who Nige goes with when everyone is fit out of Nuge, Vardy and Ulloa.

Typically Nuge has been playing the number 10 role, so it could be Vardy and Ulloa competing to play the main forward, or Vardy will have to adapt to play off Ulloa.

Nuge and Ulloa have looked good, but haven't looked like they have a great understanding Ulloa's flicks were often misread by Nugent and they didn't look to have as good an understanding as Nuge and Vardy did last season, but obviously different opposition.

I also hope that Nige doesn't just stick with the same 2 and relegate one to second choice unless there are injuries.

I'll still not view it as money well spent until he's got over 12 goals at least mind you. Obviously if he keeps going at this rate he's going to get considerably more than that but it's early days.

Strikers scoring 12+ in the premier league are valued at a damn site more than £8m. That would be a brilliant return.

Strikers scoring 12+ in the premier league are valued at a damn site more than £8m. That would be a brilliant return.

agreed. but unfortunately others don't see that and think anything under 10 goals is a poor return for any striker in the prem.

if all four of our striker each got 8-10 goals each we will have no problems staying up.

We'll be paying the full 10 in that scenairo.

If you spend 8 mill carefully you should get 12 goals anyway, in my eyes. 

You should be a scout or manager then because virtually the whole premier league struggle to do that.

Only players over 12 goals costing less than £8m were Lambert and Rodriguez. If Rodriguez had been bought in today's championship striker market I'm sure he's be costing a lot more than the £7m they paid a couple of years ago.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/premier-league/2013-14/top-goal-scorers.html

You should be a scout or manager then because virtually the whole premier league struggle to do that.

Only players over 12 goals costing less than £8m were Lambert and Rodriguez. If Rodriguez had been bought in today's championship striker market I'm sure he's be costing a lot more than the £7m they paid a couple of years ago.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/premier-league/2013-14/top-goal-scorers.html

Right, so there's two, which shows it's possible to start off with, then remember Loic Remy was about 8 million and on loan last season before scoring 14 as well.

Then look at the season before when Benteke, Michu, Berbatov,Lambert again and Le Fondre all hit 12 or above. (5 strikers for five different Premeir League sides, that's a quarter of the league) You could even count Walcott and Bale, Walcott was less up front and the 9.1 Million with all add on's is less than the 10 Million we will spend with all add ons included. Gareth Bale cost Spurs 5 Million up front. 10 with add ons.

Right, so there's two, which shows it's possible to start off with, then remember Loic Remy was about 8 million and on loan last season before scoring 14 as well.

Then look at the season before when Benteke, Michu, Berbatov,Lambert again and Le Fondre all hit 12 or above. (5 strikers for five different Premeir League sides, that's a quarter of the league) You could even count Walcott and Bale, Walcott was less up front and the 9.1 Million with all add on's is less than the 10 Million we will spend with all add ons included. Gareth Bale cost Spurs 5 Million up front. 10 with add ons.

Anything from 2 seasons ago becomes irrelevant since the new tv deal means that the bottom club is guaranteed £63m, player valuations have gone through the roof, we have more money so we will have to pay more for players.

Of course you can still pick up bargains, especially from abroad, but comparing fees from a couple of seasons ago is redundant, the new deal has distorted the transfer market massively.

Anything from 2 seasons ago becomes irrelevant since the new tv deal means that the bottom club is guaranteed £63m, player valuations have gone through the roof, we have more money so we will have to pay more for players.

Of course you can still pick up bargains, especially from abroad, but comparing fees from a couple of seasons ago is redundant, the new deal has distorted the transfer market massively.

Only for certain player, namly mainly players coming from greedy Championship sides desperate for their slice of the cake, You'd still pay less than 8-10 million for the ageing Berbatov , Le Fondre and at the time Michu was only 2 million so his value is not going to have quadrupled. Lambert went for 4 in the summer 

Admittedly you'be be looking at tens of millions for Bale or Walcott now.....but it's all about buying clever.

And besides now he's got two in his first 3, bearing in mind who we have played, I don't see expecting a further 9 in 35 games as particularly wanting to much in any case! 

Remy was on 70 / 80k, that's hardly being "careful" with your money. Neither is chucking an absolute shit load of cash at kids like Bale and Walcott, whom I might add took more than a couple of years to produce a decent return.

So in the last two years you can probably count on one hand the number of players being signed for £8m (without mental wages) that have struck those kind of numbers in their first year.

Look at the list of players for both seasons that scored less than 12 goals and some of their transfer fees. There are a damn site more in that list than those that managed it, which shows my point about how it's not that easy.

I think it's very harsh to say it "wouldn't be money well spent until he's got over 12 goals at least".

Remy was on 70 / 80k, that's hardly being "careful" with your money. Neither is chucking an absolute shit load of cash at kids like Bale and Walcott, whom I might add took more than a couple of years to produce a decent return.

So in the last two years you can probably count on one hand the number of players being signed for £8m (without mental wages) that have struck those kind of numbers in their first year.

Look at the list of players for both seasons that scored less than 12 goals and some of their transfer fees. There are a damn site more in that list than those that managed it, which shows my point about how it's not that easy.

I think it's very harsh to say it "wouldn't be money well spent until he's got over 12 goals at least".

He has a three year deal so it is about more than just this season.

But seeing some of the quality we've managed to unearth, by sometimes spending under a million pounds, I'd expect our scouts to be able to pick something special up when buying a player who they will pay 10 million for if he does the business. So I'd expect 12 goals, especially now he's got two already. 

How he plays in general and fits into the team is also of equal importance.

Rodriguez is being touted as going to Spurs for £14m + Andros Townsend who I've heard is valued at about £12m based on a previous rejected offer. This means Rodriguez is valued at ~£26m.

Bottom line is a 12 goal striker (what they are bought for is irrelevant imo) in the Prem is worth way more than £8m if they prove capable of that feat.

Rodriguez is being touted as going to Spurs for £14m + Andros Townsend who I've heard is valued at about £12m based on a previous rejected offer. This means Rodriguez is valued at ~£26m.

Bottom line is a 12 goal striker (what they are bought for is irrelevant imo) in the Prem is worth way more than £8m if they prove capable of that feat.

After they've done it yeah. Consistently. I don't see Lee Fondre going for 10s of millions. 

I'm not having you can't get one capable of doing it for less though. In any case if he gets 12 I'll be happy, out of interest what do you lot think a good return is? Last time we were up here we had a free transfer hit 12.......

After they've done it yeah. Consistently. I don't see Lee Fondre going for 10s of millions. 

I'm not having you can't get one capable of doing it for less though. In any case if he gets 12 I'll be happy, out of interest what do you lot think a good return is? Last time we were up here we had a free transfer hit 14.......

Of course it's possible, It's just very difficult to do.

You're always going to have your odd anomaly like Le Fondre, Marcus Stewart etc. Who get a good return one season and never do it again.

Personally I'd have been looking at 8-10 goals as being a decent return on that kind of fee, going off what others have done for their fees in recent years (although I thought we'd be a struggling team, now I'm not so sure). Any more than that and I'd consider him a bargain.

I'm not having you can't get one capable of doing it for less though. In any case if he gets 12 I'll be happy, out of interest what do you lot think a good return is? Last time we were up here we had a free transfer hit 12.......

Well, if he scored 12 goals and we finished bottom of the league you wouldn't be happy. it's not all about goals it's about a striker's overall contribution to a team. Both Vardy and Nugent are strikers who you can't assess merely by their goals tally because they give so much more to the team.

Cantona and Zola weren't prolific but i'm sure you wouldn't play Le Fondre ahead of Cantona just cos he scored more goals.

These days (based on other promoted/bottom half teams strikers) I think you'd expect a main striker like Ulluoa to bag 10 goals. I know it's not much difference but at a goal every 3 or4 games it's 6-8 games worth of difference.

Anything more than that you've got a bargain. If there's goals coming from elsewhere and he has a good season I think 8/9 would be acceptable. 12-15 would have the top half/Europa clubs sniffing.

Well, if he scored 12 goals and we finished bottom of the league you wouldn't be happy. it's not all about goals it's about a striker's overall contribution to a team. Both Vardy and Nugent are strikers who you can't assess merely by their goals tally because they give so much more to the team.

Cantona and Zola weren't prolific but i'm sure you wouldn't play Le Fondre ahead of Cantona just cos he scored more goals.

Pretty sure it'd be impossible as  I'm pretty sure Cantona averaged well over 12  :unsure:

These days (based on other promoted/bottom half teams strikers) I think you'd expect a main striker like Ulluoa to bag 10 goals. I know it's not much difference but at a goal every 3 or4 games it's 6-8 games worth of difference.

Anything more than that you've got a bargain. If there's goals coming from elsewhere and he has a good season I think 8/9 would be acceptable. 12-15 would have the top half/Europa clubs sniffing.

Ok.

But most promoted bottom half strikers don't carry a 8-10 Million pound price tag. On average.

As it has been suggested it is perhaps a little hard to quantify with the money coming into every Premier League club going up by so much in recent seasons. Perhaps I am being old fashioned. 

He scored 65 in nearly 5 seasons with man united: Average 13 per season.

So in your fantasy team Cantona would scrape in ahead of Adam Le Fondre.

Are you Graham Taylor in disguise?

You take out his ban and account for the fact that even he knew he was on a downwards decline for in his last season, he was consistently around a one in two man for Man United and you claim he is "not prolific". And Zola (Like Cantona, actually)  wasn't even a out and out Striker where as Ulloa/Le Fondre clearly are. 

If your going to try and find examples of good strikers who don't score can I suggest you brush up on your knowledge before trying to converse.  

EDIT: Although what this actually has to do with "fantasy teams" I don't know, given they are literally all about goals and assists.......

You take out his ban and account for the fact that even he knew he was on a downwards decline for in his last season, he was consistently around a one in two man for Man United and you claim he is "not prolific". And Zola (Like Cantona, actually)  wasn't even a out and out Striker where as Ulloa/Le Fondre clearly are. 

If your going to try and find examples of good strikers who don't score can I suggest you brush up on your knowledge before trying to converse. 

Ah OK so in your dream team you'd play Cantona in the No. 10 role and Adam Le Fondre as your 'out-and-out' striker.

Wow that's a partnership you can only dream about...... "Cantona... brilliant.... gives it to Le Fondre.... WHAT A GOOOOAL"

Who have you got in your Dreamteam midfield? Cattermole and Geoff Thomas?

Archived