Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclee

Ulloa

Thought I'd get in first, my opinion of him being underwhelming first two games I stick by, but today I thought he played well, battled hard, and his all round play was good, and looked the player I thought he was going to be.

Still can't believe he missed with just the keeper to beat lol

Fair play for sticking your hands up....

But, what he showed today, he also showed in the previous 2 games....the difference today was that we played even better, had options off the bench which encouraged everyone to play better, and were generally just brilliant all round.

He was immense today. He's not just quality up top as well; he works so hard defensively and is very comfortable in the air defending corners and crosses. Pity he didn't score that chance in the second half as he definitely deserved another goal for his overall performance.

Totally agree. Not only is he a massive aerial threat in both areas, he has some skill, a decent first touch and works hard for the team and closes players down even though he isn't really that fast.

That £8m all of a sudden looks like it could be a real bargain.

Leo is special, Nugent again running like a headless chicken not really doing anything. 

Vardy and Ulloa next game please 

did you go to the game today?

Your last sentence is embarrassing. As you've asked if someones gone to the game, I'm assuming you did and you still are unable to take off your 'Nugent's Crap' Tinted Specs off and see he was outstanding today.

Also I notice you've mentioned that Ulloa is special but don't mention his chance which he really should've scored or got on target at the very least. However if that was Nugent I'm sure it would be a different story....

Leo is special, Nugent again running like a headless chicken not really doing anything.

Vardy and Ulloa next game please

did you go to the game today?

So when Nugent closed down arsenals last defender nearly creating a chance for mahrez to score through sheer pressure that was headless? Or when he played schlupp in behind before he crossed for ulloa? Or when he also set up vardys chance? Not to forget he had a shot blocked which was on its way in.

He constantly closed down making it difficult for arsenals defenders to pick out passes like they normally would, from the first minute he nailed an arsenal player (can't remember who) along with schlupp and he carried on with that intensity throughout the 90 minutes!

When I read comments like yours it makes me wonder whether you've even watched the same game. Some people really are clueless!!

Anyone see him directing the defence from set plays when the ball came back out? He was a genuine leader today at the back! And obviously one good finish one poor one (made the chance well), held the ball up very well and competed aerially. Top performance.

Yeah I noticed, cleared no end of corners and crosses as well.

Anyone see him directing the defence from set plays when the ball came back out? He was a genuine leader today at the back! And obviously one good finish one poor one (made the chance well), held the ball up very well and competed aerially. Top performance. 

He did the same with the strikers and midfielders against everton, telling them when and when not to press.

Looks to have everything....Ulloa and Vardy could be an even more effective Quinn and Phillips.

8 million is still ridiculous, but it's gone from ridiculously expensive to a ridiculously good deal in 3 games. he fúcking bossed it today. the way he controls and lays the ball off with both his head and his feet is so cool and composed. exactly what we need when we're out of possession for large parts. his header was immaculate too. if he'd have scored after doing all the hard work from mahrez's ball second half he'd have got an 11 out of 10 on the match ratings. 

So when Nugent closed down arsenals last defender nearly creating a chance for mahrez to score through sheer pressure that was headless? Or when he played schlupp in behind before he crossed for ulloa? Or when he also set up vardys chance? Not to forget he had a shot blocked which was on its way in.

He constantly closed down making it difficult for arsenals defenders to pick out passes like they normally would, from the first minute he nailed an arsenal player (can't remember who) along with schlupp and he carried on with that intensity throughout the 90 minutes!

When I read comments like yours it makes me wonder whether you've even watched the same game. Some people really are clueless!!

this this and this

In Nuge we trust !

Totaly agree Nugent was an animal yesterday chased down nearly everything certainly looks like he worked on his fitness in the summer !

Where the F*** did he not run on that pitch closing down opposition players chasing balls he certainly covered some MILAGE was a tough choice for my MOTM was either Morgan or Nugent !

Same again at Stoke please Leicester we owe them payback !!

Thought he was excellent yesterday, did a lot of tracking back and chasing down as well as providing the end product we have missed at times, that chance he missed he did superb up until the final shot. We will need to score some cheap goals this season, and as we won't carve teams open as often as we did last season, and we converted very few good crosses and had very few good crossers of the ball.

I think we need Ulloa on the pitch with Albrighton, MA has that Guppy like ability to get a dangerous ball in from anywhere and Ulloa will thrive on it, yesterday he stuck a couple of great balls in but a tired Nuge and Vardy weren't going to get a sniff against Per and Chambers. We will get some cheap goals which we will need.

He was good yesterday, and it was some header. Much as I would love to (given he really should of scored and earned us 3 points) you can't really criticize him for missing that chance given he did all the hard work himself.

I'll still not view it as money well spent until he's got over 12 goals at least mind you. Obviously if he keeps going at this rate he's going to get considerably more than that but it's early days.

What a first touch he has.

His defending from set pieces will be so important this season.

Magnificent header of the ball.

Great point about his defending he cleared a few corners yesterday, great to have another aerial presence in their as Morgan and Moore aren't as dominant as they could be, just wish we kept Nuge or Schlupp further up at corners, just inviting pressure back on to us even if we clear.

Archived