Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclee

Ulloa

Well, Ulloa is a different player to Nugent and Vardy. Those two can't do what Ulloa does. But, blimey, I'd have preferred Ulloa being through on goal on Saturday instead of Nugent.

Nobody is related to him, or his agents, but what response do you expect when you say he's underwhelming? Granted, we've payed £8million for him but he's done ok so far. No worse than any other player in our squad, that's for sure.

My post being took the wrong way, underwhelming isn't saying he's shit or won't get better, just from what I have seen, he's no better than what we had, which is exactly what your saying when you say he's no worse, and I said in my original post he might do more the more games he has under his belt.

I could understand people getting defensive if I posted he was shit, didn't have a clue etc, but I think when vardy is back him or nugent will miss out, and both have done as good as the other, but one will have to give way to vardy I would think.

I will reply to you and all how repled to my post, some need to stop crying if somebody doesn't think he's set the world alight or think he underwhelming, **** me are some of you related to him or his agents.

I don't expect him to be Suarez, and It doesn't matter if we played two top teams, I was giving my opinion that he has been underwhelming, and no better than we already had, is he better than vardy, nugent, or wood, and people slate GTF but I think he could do the job Leo has done so far.

So before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I haven't said he's rubbish, but my opinion is he's done nothing anything the strikers we already have, could have done.

If you really think GTF could've done what he's done so far you should probably stop watching football. I think the poster simply replied to your post but you seem all offended, relax.

He's made a valid point and one which you have no reasonable answer to.

Leicester fans (If you can call them that) are never happy unless they have someone to slate, always the same down the years David Oldfield, Paul Gallagher, Andy King has come in for stick , Dean Hammond. Now lets see who we can have a go at after the  Arsenal game if someone like Liam Moore or Wes Morgan makes a mistake the knives will be out. I know people are entitled to their opinion but some of you are beyond belief.

I hope many of you like omlette, because all these negatives running on this sites thread, just like last season you aint learnt, and many many of you will end up with the preverbial egg on your faces, a n d again you will all squirm and slime around the

pan denying y o u were wrong. Good god have opinions by all means but must they always, always lean to the negative, or sly remarks on individual players.

Morgan proving many wrong

Moore proving many wrong

King, Hammond, Konschelsky ditto, ditto, etc etc These guys especially came in from cat calling from some of your so called expert opinions.

First support , encourage then wait with patience, not after 2-3 weeks start nagging like old washer women, and assuming

your ideas outway Nigel Pearsons, bcos truthfully they look rather silly and presumptuous.

Now having a go at the business with Ulloa..supporters HA!!!

Yes I know, people writing nugent off in the Chelsea post match thread, for one miss.

If you really think GTF could've done what he's done so far you should probably stop watching football. I think the poster simply replied to your post but you seem all offended, relax.

He's made a valid point and one which you have no reasonable answer to.

So on this forum people can crucifie nugent, and GTF, but if you have a simple opinion that the flavour of the month is underwhelming, people start getting shirty about that, ok I know how this forum works now, don't have an opinion, wait till someone posts something a lot like, and follow along, but whatever you do don't see things a little differently to others, as you will be told you know nothing, even though the people hiding behind the keyboard know nothing about your football experience or knowledge.

I have no reason to relax, but some might, and GTF isn't a good player and couldn't do the roll Leo has, but Pearson signed him on in the summer as cover, so Pearson clearly thinks he's good enough.

To be fair looking across at the linesman, to put his head back up and have a Spanish giant in his face was something that certainly warrants a bit of criticism.

Nothing wrong with a bit of criticism but a few posting on here defending Leo because I said he has been underwhelming but slating nugent on other threads.

The fact is none of our strikers have been clinical enough, but I haven't write any of them yet, and before anyone slags me off for saying that, I don't expect a Suarez standard players, but as shearer said in the championship you may get 3 or 4 chances and take one, but in the prem you may only get one, so all them will need to be hitting the target when they get a chance.

As I said earlier, the more games they play I expect all will get better, but early showings improvements need to be made, albeit against two good sides, but there isn't many bad sides in the premier league, no game or defence this season will be a walk over.

**** me your a boring poster let alone underwhelming, stop arse licking him, what's negative about saying he's no better than we already have, get your head out of his arse, if you don't like my opinion don't read it or post in reply

If I don't read it I don't know if I like it or not, and the place would be as boring as me if the only people that replied were the ones who agreed with you!

You seem really angry about this for some reason. I can assure you I'm not licking anything, he's still got a lot to prove to be honest especially considering his price tag. But I'm prepared to give him a bit of time. We've played the teams that finished 2nd and 5th last year and he's scored once, I just don't understand how anyone can be underwhelmed by his performances so far. What were you expecting? What would have been a satisfactory start for you?

I will reply to you and all how repled to my post, some need to stop crying if somebody doesn't think he's set the world alight or think he underwhelming, **** me are some of you related to him or his agents.

I don't expect him to be Suarez, and It doesn't matter if we played two top teams, I was giving my opinion that he has been underwhelming, and no better than we already had, is he better than vardy, nugent, or wood, and people slate GTF but I think he could do the job Leo has done so far.

So before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I haven't said he's rubbish, but my opinion is he's done nothing anything the strikers we already have, could have done.

I think virtually everybody that replied to your point did so in a fairly level-headed and rational manner. Calm down and stop being so defensive and petulant whem somebody argues a point you've made, for Christ's sake.

If I don't read it I don't know if I like it or not, and the place would be as boring as me if the only people that replied were the ones who agreed with you!

You seem really angry about this for some reason. I can assure you I'm not licking anything, he's still got a lot to prove to be honest especially considering his price tag. But I'm prepared to give him a bit of time. We've played the teams that finished 2nd and 5th last year and he's scored once, I just don't understand how anyone can be underwhelmed by his performances so far. What were you expecting? What would have been a satisfactory start for you?

I thought he'd be more of a threat to be honest, I heard he was strong in the air and could put himself about a bit, but from the games I have seen, he didn't win that much in the air, no more than wood, and seemed to be pushed off it a bit easy, yes he had a few good touches but can't recall him being in the thick of it to much.

I agree especially against Chelsea we are playing very good teams, but when we were on top first half I was expecting more of a goal threat.

Like I say games under his belt and a bit more experience he might shine, and I'm not saying he's a bad player, just expected a bit more, and a bit underwhelmed seeing though he's our main summer transfer.

I think virtually everybody that replied to your point did so in a fairly level-headed and rational manner. Calm down and stop being so defensive and petulant whem somebody argues a point you've made, for Christ's sake.

To be fair I think I replied in the same way as I was spoken to, I will be petulant when people say petulant thinks like stop watching football, anyway spent to much time on here, I will have my opinions, and you have yours.

I thought he'd be more of a threat to be honest, I heard he was strong in the air and could put himself about a bit, but from the games I have seen, he didn't win that much in the air, no more than wood, and seemed to be pushed off it a bit easy, yes he had a few good touches but can't recall him being in the thick of it to much.

I agree especially against Chelsea we are playing very good teams, but when we were on top first half I was expecting more of a goal threat.

Like I say games under his belt and a bit more experience he might shine, and I'm not saying he's a bad player, just expected a bit more, and a bit underwhelmed seeing though he's our main summer transfer.

Think that's harsh. Especially the bit about us being on top against Chelsea. Mahrez was in great positions to cross for Ulloa but every ball was shocking. He needs decent delivery

Think that's harsh. Especially the bit about us being on top against Chelsea. Mahrez was in great positions to cross for Ulloa but every ball was shocking. He needs decent delivery

Maybe on top maybe a bit of an over statement, but we were more than in the game and had them rattled, like I say I haven't wrote him off, but just can't see what he offers more than what we already have, yes he done the simple things well, but I expected more of a threat, and Expected him to be a danger in the air, and win more long balls that were thrown up, after what I heard about his strengths before he signed.

I agree mahrez wasnt the best from set pieces, hit the first defender on nearly every corner, let's hope he does get better service, and we can see what he's got.

I must be watching different games to you Monsell because out of Costa, Ulloa and Lukaku, the Argentine has impressed me the most so far. Against everton he was bullying distin and jagielka (Since ferdinand and vidic left United these are the most experienced center half pairning in the league), whereas costa and lukaku were very quiet against what was last season a championship back 4.

What has impressed me the most, except for his strength and aerial ability, is his willingness to work and his organisation from the front. Against Everton he was closing down as often as vardy, granted he is not as quick as vardy, but neither is vardy as good in the air as ulloa. The way he lead the line and told others when and when not to press was very impressive.

Saying he is no better than what we have is quite amusing to me in all honesty.

He works harder, is a better aerial threat and is stronger than Wood.

Is a better finisher and aerial threat than Nugent.

Is a better aerial threat than vardy.

He is the type of striker we wanted wood to be. Ignore the fee of £8,000,000. Does he improve the squad? Yes.

I must be watching different games to you Monsell because out of Costa, Ulloa and Lukaku, the Argentine has impressed me the most so far. Against everton he was bullying distin and jagielka (Since ferdinand and vidic left United these are the most experienced center half pairning in the league), whereas costa and lukaku were very quiet against what was last season a championship back 4.

What has impressed me the most, except for his strength and aerial ability, is his willingness to work and his organisation from the front. Against Everton he was closing down as often as vardy, granted he is not as quick as vardy, but neither is vardy as good in the air as ulloa. The way he lead the line and told others when and when not to press was very impressive.

He is the type of striker we wanted wood to be. Ignore the fee of £8,000,000. Does he improve the squad? Yes.

Ok that's your opinion, again I am repeating myself, I have seen him twice and that's what my opinion is based on, and I am giving it on that.

You say my opinion is laughable, but if you think he's better than than costa, lukaku, or should I say more impressive, is that not laughable.

You say he's a better Ariel threat, that's my point, especially against Chelsea I didn't see that threat, barely won a header, yes he was up against a very good defence, but to me he won as much as wood when we threw it up long.

Again I will have my opinion, you have yours, like I say I'm not saying he's a bad player, and let's see how he gets on against a lesser defense

Ok that's your opinion, again I am repeating myself, I have seen him twice and that's what my opinion is based on, and I am giving it on that.

You say my opinion is laughable, but if you think he's better than than costa, lukaku, or should I say more impressive, is that not laughable.

You say he's a better Ariel threat, that's my point, especially against Chelsea I didn't see that threat, barely won a header, yes he was up against a very good defence, but to me he won as much as wood when we threw it up long.

Again I will have my opinion, you have yours, like I say I'm not saying he's a bad player, and let's see how he gets on against a lesser defense

I did not say that he is better than lukaku or costa, but in the 2 games he definitely was far more impressive than those two.

With the exception of his goal, costa didn't threaten for 90 minutes, and neither did lukaku.

I did not say that he is better than lukaku or costa, but in the 2 games he definitely was far more impressive than those two.

With the exception of his goal, costa didn't threaten for 90 minutes, and neither did lukaku.

The diference is Chelsea by there standard were below par, Costa wasn't on it, but still took the chance he had with a great bit of skill, he did what he's there to do, score goals.

Lukaku, agreed but let's not underate the job Morgan and Moore did, they never gave him a sniff, just because both played in the championship last season, doesn't mean they aren't as good as a lot of premier league defenses.

I have been very impressed with what I have seen so far of him. He created a chance from nothing for himself against Werder Bremen and against Everton he looked lively and hard to deal with as well as getting a debut goal so you can't ask for too much more. I wasn't at Chelsea but from what I saw of the highlights and from other peoples accounts he seems to have played pretty well all things considered (better opposition etc). It will be interesting to seem how he works with Vardy given how Vardy does a lot of running and chasing but credit to Nugent for his work rate against Everton.

The diference is Chelsea by there standard were below par, Costa wasn't on it, but still took the chance he had with a great bit of skill, he did what he's there to do, score goals.

Lukaku, agreed but let's not underate the job Morgan and Moore did, they never gave him a sniff, just because both played in the championship last season, doesn't mean they aren't as good as a lot of premier league defenses.

But Ulloa did exactly the same against Everton as costa did against us, who have a better center back partnership than moore and morgan.

So why are you criticizing Ulloa, whilst praising Costa for doing exactly the same thing?

It looks like you're just criticizing the guy for the sake of it - Did you predict he would be a bad signing for us? Trying to do a 'told you so'? It isn't working.

But Ulloa did exactly the same against Everton as costa did against us, who have a better center back partnership than moore and morgan.

So why are you criticizing Ulloa, whilst praising Costa for doing exactly the same thing?

It looks like you're just criticizing the guy for the sake of it - Did you predict he would be a bad signing for us? Trying to do a 'told you so'? It isn't working.

On paper.

I didn't see Moore or Morgan gift wrap a chance to Lukaku like Distan did to Ulloa

Far to early to judge him at the minute anyway. Arguing for arguing sake.

Cahill & Terry?

Archived