Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclee

Ulloa

First time I've seen Ulloa play in a City shirt last night at Rotherham and I've got to say, forgetting the goals he scored (Which were good goals) I thought his overall movement and play casued them alot of issues. He also linked up very well with GTF.

It's also worth noting that when he scored his first he seemed to smack the floor a couple of times in relief - keep his confidence high and I think he could be this 'goalscorer' we've been craving.

Its very early days yet though and I'm certainly not one to get carried away - Just have a good feeling about this guy for once!

Sigh

Again just as three pre season games without a goal proves nothing a brace against fcking Rotherham in a warm up game isn't exactly point proven is it  :rolleyes:

so whats is your point ?

mine is that after only a couple of games for lcfc some were saying that is as a wasted 8M whereas I was saying wait and see, he has talent we should let him fit in ... next game .... 2 goals , promising isnt it ? not much of a point I know but whats yours ? you a downer ?

• 3 weeks later...

I thought he was superb on Saturday. Obviously didn't have any efforts on goal but that was because he was linking the midfield and attack really well. (the job Nugent 'does')

Classy touches and very intelligent. Can't wait to see Vardy on the end of some of his flick-ons.

I thought he was superb on Saturday. Obviously didn't have any efforts on goal but that was because he was linking the midfield and attack really well. (the job Nugent 'does')

Classy touches and very intelligent. Can't wait to see Vardy on the end of some of his flick-ons.

I totally agree, i dont recall him giving the ball away once. Very effective at what he does!

Only seen him play twice, and it's early to comment to much, but other than a couple of good touches and 1 goal, he's done nothing to excite me about having him, and haven't seen anything to suggest he's head and shoulders above what we already had.

Obviously against what a lot are saying about him, but I don't really care, he might push on as he gets more games under his belt, but for me underwhelming signing as we speak.

Only seen him play twice, and it's early to comment to much, but other than a couple of good touches and 1 goal, he's done nothing to excite me about having him, and haven't seen anything to suggest he's head and shoulders above what we already had.

Obviously against what a lot are saying about him, but I don't really care, he might push on as he gets more games under his belt, but for me underwhelming signing as we speak.

What were you expecting against two of the best sides in the league? A hatful of goals? We've been under the cosh for long periods in both games so it's been difficult for him to get any discernable service and he's still managed to show some nice touches and some intelligent link up play.

Lighten up we wont find a suarez!!!!

He was added to strengthen and add depth to the squad. Has everyone has seen we get injuries, some squad players may be tempted to find new pastures.The lad has got somthing about him, will he be just solid or dynamically explode on the PL.

Dont care myself we see already he can stand up to, again lets see after 10-12 games.

Just again another post that leans towards the negative. Leicester people and some fans again proving, what a dower and unwelcoming group of people we have in our mist, a real bunch of Jack Dees.

I've only read one of your posts and you may get better as you go along, but for me you're an underwhelming poster!

What a shockingly negative attitude you have. Against Everton he did everything that was expected. He won loads in the air, gave their centre backs a horrible time and scored a goal. Against Chelsea he didn't get a sniff of a goal but the shift he put in to help the team keep Chelsea at bay was actually really impressive. A very positive start if you ask me and I think he's only going to get better.

If you think he's underwhelming I have no idea what you were expecting him to do in these games!

He's not head and shoulders above what we've got which is the main reason I thought the fee was ridiculous, besides the fee we paid for him he's done nothing to suggest he was going to be a fantastic goal scorer at this level so I struggle to see what you're expecting. I'm just hoping he does enough to keep us in this division and Everton and Chelsea aren't the kind of games I'd expect him to do the business in, although kudos to him as he does have a goal.

What were you expecting against two of the best sides in the league? A hatful of goals? We've been under the cosh for long periods in both games so it's been difficult for him to get any discernable service and he's still managed to show some nice touches and some intelligent link up play.

I will reply to you and all how repled to my post, some need to stop crying if somebody doesn't think he's set the world alight or think he underwhelming, **** me are some of you related to him or his agents.

I don't expect him to be Suarez, and It doesn't matter if we played two top teams, I was giving my opinion that he has been underwhelming, and no better than we already had, is he better than vardy, nugent, or wood, and people slate GTF but I think he could do the job Leo has done so far.

So before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I haven't said he's rubbish, but my opinion is he's done nothing anything the strikers we already have, could have done.

As with any new signing he needs to be given time before he can be properly judged. Early signs for me are impressive, seems to have been a handful to both oppositions so far. Less so against Chelsea but still some nice touches and hold up play.

It will be very interesting to see how he links up with Vardy.

I've only read one of your posts and you may get better as you go along, but for me you're an underwhelming poster!

What a shockingly negative attitude you have. Against Everton he did everything that was expected. He won loads in the air, gave their centre backs a horrible time and scored a goal. Against Chelsea he didn't get a sniff of a goal but the shift he put in to help the team keep Chelsea at bay was actually really impressive. A very positive start if you ask me and I think he's only going to get better.

If you think he's underwhelming I have no idea what you were expecting him to do in these games!

**** me your a boring poster let alone underwhelming, stop arse licking him, what's negative about saying he's no better than we already have, get your head out of his arse, if you don't like my opinion don't read it or post in reply

I will reply to you and all how repled to my post, some need to stop crying if somebody doesn't think he's set the world alight or think he underwhelming, **** me are some of you related to him or his agents.

I don't expect him to be Suarez, and It doesn't matter if we played two top teams, I was giving my opinion that he has been underwhelming, and no better than we already had, is he better than vardy, nugent, or wood, and people slate GTF but I think he could do the job Leo has done so far.

So before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I haven't said he's rubbish, but my opinion is he's done nothing anything the strikers we already have, could have done.

Well, Ulloa is a different player to Nugent and Vardy. Those two can't do what Ulloa does. But, blimey, I'd have preferred Ulloa being through on goal on Saturday instead of Nugent.

Nobody is related to him, or his agents, but what response do you expect when you say he's underwhelming? Granted, we've payed £8million for him but he's done ok so far. No worse than any other player in our squad, that's for sure. 

I hope many of you like omlette, because all these negatives running on this sites thread, just like last season you aint learnt, and many many of you will end up with the preverbial egg on your faces, a n d again you will all squirm and slime around the

pan denying y o u were wrong. Good god have opinions by all means but must they always, always lean to the negative, or sly remarks on individual players.

Morgan proving many wrong

Moore proving many wrong

King, Hammond, Konschelsky ditto, ditto, etc etc These guys especially came in from cat calling from some of your so called expert opinions.

First support , encourage then wait with patience, not after 2-3 weeks start nagging like old washer women, and assuming

your ideas outway Nigel Pearsons, bcos truthfully they look rather silly and presumptuous.

Now having a go at the business with Ulloa..supporters HA!!!

Archived