Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclee

Ulloa

I understand he hasn't had a great season this season.

Berating him though and ironic jeers is just pathetic. Yes he has lacked quality and composure and he can't close down with the speed and tenacity of Okazaki and Vardy but his attitude for me has always looked good, therefore I can't bring myself, especially after last season, to even consider berating him. In fact anyone that has watched the team over a period of time would know what a player worth berating looks like.

The comparison with akinbyi I don't really get. People say that people are blinded by ulloas good/ok stats last season but then I would also say the same with akinbyi- compare the performances he missed an unbelievable amount of very easy chances and stood out as a poor player in a team that was going backwards, rather than rapidly upwards. Ulloa last season was relatively clinical, something akinbyi was never.

Critique his performances yes. Jeer him and liken him to a donkey, not for me.

Perspective really has gone from football.

I understand he hasn't had a great season this season.

Berating him though and ironic jeers is just pathetic. Yes he has lacked quality and composure and he can't close down with the speed and tenacity of Okazaki and Vardy but his attitude for me has always looked good, therefore I can't bring myself, especially after last season, to even consider berating him. In fact anyone that has watched the team over a period of time would know what a player worth berating looks like.

The comparison with akinbyi I don't really get. People say that people are blinded by ulloas good/ok stats last season but then I would also say the same with akinbyi- compare the performances he missed an unbelievable amount of very easy chances and stood out as a poor player in a team that was going backwards, rather than rapidly upwards. Ulloa last season was relatively clinical, something akinbyi was never.

Critique his performances yes. Jeer him and liken him to a donkey, not for me.

Perspective really has gone from football.

You should get their records for the club and compare them, they make similar reading.

Ulloa is undoubtedly the more clinical striker he just very seldom gets into the correct positions. He needs things on a plate to have any chance.

Although I never wanted us to sign him in the first place never mind for the money that ended up being involved so I'm never likely to view him in a good light.

For the next few games, I have no interest further in fighting his case.It could be he might turn his form and season around.

He will be used because unless Claudio comes up with a solution either from within the squad, or before end of transfer window, Ulloa will still be around the bench or team.

To be fair, he had enough chances, poor ball control, and getting some success when competing for the ball , plus being able to hold it up occasionally, is not a big ask.

These last 6 months when called upon, either as sub, or 1st choice, hes not showed any consistency,or glimpses of form have not been enough.

I defended his selection, believing his form would pick up.Today was his time and chance,

no complaints about service, he lost it on every occasion, in every forward movement.Also he failed to hold it up, when needed.He should of brutally led the line...he didnt, like he hasnt in the last few months. Hes had a good few last minutes as a sub.

If he is asked to wear the blue shirt, I will support him, but until he starts showing, that he can still deliver, I will defer from any further comment.

If the Ulloa boy, who helps in defence, cant do it, then lets see Dodoo, or King, Albrighton, cover that position, but As 2ndary forward, not to lead the line from the start.So long as Vardy and Shinji can stay fit for 16 games, then I would expect to see them complete the 1st 65-80 mins of the game.

Unless someone else has an alterntive.

We went through a phase of playing krama on his own last February. results didn't necessarily come right but our performances were, on occasion decent. (And sometimes reminiscent of last night!).

point is, Leo up front on his own offers nothing more than krama would IMO. Defending set pieces he does. is that how we are deciding who plays up front for us? Defending set pieces?

Methinks there is something about Andrej and Claudio that we haven't been told. it could be that a striker is coming in that puts all this to bed and sort of helps it make some sense. doubt it though.

It's a shame, but he's just not good enough.

He cannot win a ball in the air. He is very one paced. He doesn't have the attributes to play as a target man. That said I don't know what he is good at?

His performances this season and the fact that we have left kramaric go without giving him an opportunity, is baffling.

The only thing I can think is that we must have some other class target man / striker imminently joining the club.... If we don't then Claudio has massively misjudged Ulloa's performances and our chances of top 4 would be diminished if things stay as they are up front.

It's not his fault the manager stuck him up there on his own. Tall order, especially when the two wide men are supposed to support him and one of them (Dyer) is completely useless.

Give Ulloa a run with Vardy and we'll see the best of him. Dip him in and out of the side and play him as a lone striker often, we won't.

It's not his fault the manager stuck him up there on his own. Tall order, especially when the two wide men are supposed to support him and one of them (Dyer) is completely useless.

Give Ulloa a run with Vardy and we'll see the best of him. Dip him in and out of the side and play him as a lone striker often, we won't.

Fair points, although as a team we seemed to have improved at a greater rate than him when playing to his strength.

Rather ask Ian Ormondroyd back in the side tbh. Do like Ulloa, thought it might be just a confidence issue but I think it's becoming clear he can't really hack it at this standard.

Don't people get it that Ulloa needs people to be taking runners around him and the right supply of angled crosses or lay-off opportunities.

Ulloa's quite an intelligent footballer rather than an artiste. But he does have an eye for goal and will be scoring again for anyone with the right set-up who signs him.

Unfortunately our system doesn't suit him at all. He can earn some corn defending set pieces but really he's not mobile enough for the half-striker/half midfielder role we employ and which has provided a lifeline for Shinji.

Having such spasmodic involvement hasn't helped him either any more than it suited Vardy in the past.

Premiership players need to be sharp but part-time involvement won't have helped that at all. Nor would it have helped his confidence, his touch or done nothing for his goals instinct because the shortage of supporting players must seem so strange to him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Ulloa

People call Ulloa but Mahrez isn't doing very well now he's so tightly marked and being shown to his right side most of the time. Haha, it's perhaps a pity Ulloa didn't take those missed penalties. Two goals would have been a boost to any centre-forward's self-belief!    

Archived