Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Changing the entitlements of memberships

Very sneakily, the club seem to have changed the entitlements of what different membership packages entitles you to. I'm basing this on membership eligibility criteria for Chelsea.

Gold and Silver memberships were sold on the premise of being able to access away tickets at the same time, so if you're main reason for wanting a membership was to access away tickets (ideal for someone who lives away from Leicester and wouldn't get to enough home games to make a season ticket a worthwhile purchase), the cheaper silver membership made the most sense.

However, it now seems that Gold members can buy Chelsea away tickets on Friday, whilst Silver Foxes have to wait until Monday. In situations where there likely won't be many, if any, left - this is a bit of a pain. Unless there was some small print about being able to change the goalposts like they have, I feel like I've been sold my membership on false pretenses. Needless to say I would have opted for Gold had I known this would happen or could happen.

Has anyone else been shafted by this, or feel hard done by???

I can feel a rant to someone at the club about this - if you could ever get through that is...

And before I get branded a plastic fan, I went to 17 games last season home and away - not bad for someone who lived most of last season nearly 200 miles from Leicester!!! 

Very sneakily, the club seem to have changed the entitlements of what different membership packages entitles you to. I'm basing this on membership eligibility criteria for Chelsea.

Gold and Silver memberships were sold on the premise of being able to access away tickets at the same time, so if you're main reason for wanting a membership was to access away tickets (ideal for someone who lives away from Leicester and wouldn't get to enough home games to make a season ticket a worthwhile purchase), the cheaper silver membership made the most sense.

However, it now seems that Gold members can buy Chelsea away tickets on Friday, whilst Silver Foxes have to wait until Monday. In situations where there likely won't be many, if any, left - this is a bit of a pain. Unless there was some small print about being able to change the goalposts like they have, I feel like I've been sold my membership on false pretenses. Needless to say I would have opted for Gold had I known this would happen or could happen.

Has anyone else been shafted by this, or feel hard done by???

I can feel a rant to someone at the club about this - if you could ever get through that is...

And before I get branded a plastic fan, I went to 17 games last season home and away - not bad for someone who lived most of last season nearly 200 miles from Leicester!!! 

Where have you heard this? 

where did they advertise that silver would be available to buy at same time as gold?

otherwise what would be the point to paying more for a gold membership?

Gold Membership - £75
Key Benefits:
• First-tier priority on Home match tickets ahead of Season Ticket Holders
• Enhanced priority on Away match tickets behind Season Ticket Holders
• A place on the Season Ticket Waiting List for 2015/16
• Limited Edition gold pin badge
• Members-only digital content
• LCFC discounts and invitations to ‘money-can’t-buy’ experiences
• Only 1,500 Gold Memberships available on a first-come, first-served basis

Family Fox Membership - £100 (1x Adult & 1x Under 18s)
Key Benefits:
• Only membership providing access to the Family Stand only
• First-tier priority access to purchase seats in other areas when the Family Stand is sold out
• Places on the Season Ticket Waiting List for 2015/16
• 2x Limited Edition Gold Fox pin badges; Junior Welcome Pack and birthday card for under 14s
• Only 500 Family Memberships available on a first-come, first-served basis

Silver Membership - £40
Key Benefits:
• Second-tier priority on Home match tickets ahead of Season Ticket Holders
• Enhanced priority on Away match tickets below Season Ticket Holders
• Limited Edition silver pin badge
• Only 2,000 Silver Memberships available on a first-come, first-served basis

City Membership - £20
Key Benefits:
• Third-tier priority on Home match tickets ahead of Season Ticket Holders
• Limited Edition bronze pin badge
• Only 2,500 City Memberships available on a first-come; first-served basis

The implication is that it is all the same and the only priority was for home matches, then they started saying that you would get priority points for members, 50 for gold 20 for silver, now it is just Gold first, Silver second, City third.

Very poorly explained, but not exactly a lie, Silver does have Enhanced Priority below season ticket holders, just failed to mention it was below Gold as well.

if it was the case of being able to buy tickets on the same day for gold and silver then what actual benefit would you get for paying extra for gold membership? (Genuine question)

How were you told this? Was it in print or did a salesperson tell you? Cause if you can find it in print then you have a case but if it was told by person then you wont have a leg to stand on from the looks of it.

I havent looked into memberships but i would assume the higher membership you buy the earlier you can buy tickets.

Gold Membership - £75
Key Benefits:

Key Benefits:
• First-tier priority access to purchase seats in other areas when the Family Stand is sold out
• 2x Limited Edition Gold Fox pin badges; Junior Welcome Pack and birthday card for under 14s

Silver Membership - £40
Key Benefits:

City Membership - £20
Key Benefits:

The implication is that it is all the same and the only priority was for home matches, then they started saying that you would get priority points for members, 50 for gold 20 for silver, now it is just Gold first, Silver second, City third.

Very poorly explained, but not exactly a lie, Silver does have Enhanced Priority below season ticket holders, just failed to mention it was below Gold as well.

Looking at the info i can see how people may be confused with regards to away tickets. It only says enhanced priority rather than first and second tier priority like the home games. But technically they havent done anything wrong as you are still getting tickets before STH.

No sorry ignore me ive just read it again and it says behind STH.

Im just gonna be quiet now.

I appreciate the wording quoted above is quite vague. But I do seem to remember it being explicit in writing on the website when the information was introduced. I was also told directly by someone on the phone gold and silver had the same priority for away games.

if it was the case of being able to buy tickets on the same day for gold and silver then what actual benefit would you get for paying extra for gold membership? (Genuine question)

How were you told this? Was it in print or did a salesperson tell you? Cause if you can find it in print then you have a case but if it was told by person then you wont have a leg to stand on from the looks of it.

I havent looked into memberships but i would assume the higher membership you buy the earlier you can buy tickets.

The main difference between gold and silver, as I understood, was that Gold were able to buy home tickets before silver. 

Gold Membership - £75

Key Benefits:

Key Benefits:

Silver Membership - £40

Key Benefits:

City Membership - £20

Key Benefits:

I guess it depends how you read/interpret it for me I would just assume silver falls below gold.

I'd like to see what response the club give. but I can guess.

It's a bit rubbish but the only thing that wording guarantees is that a membership of any type does get you away priority after season ticket holders. 

However, they can do whatever they like within that category, there's no wording that rules it out. 

Like others I assumed it would work like that.  To be honest, I never expected most aways to get past ST holders. 

its kind of obvious that Gold members would get priority before Silver members, if they didnt the club would have just had one membership deal

why would people paying more money for Gold get offered tickets at the same time that people paid less for Silver?

In complete contrast to the original post, I congratulate the club on making away tickets available to Gold Members ahead of Silver or City Members. I also hope they do they same with the Season Ticket waiting lists. £75 is quite a lot just for the privilege of being able to book home games a little faster.... These extra touches make me feel more valued as a Gold Member, which is the way it should be right? - Seeing as we paid more.

Still not received my badge though. Not sure how to access the digital content either - hope instruction comes with the pack in the post - eventually!

For people who haven't seen it This was posted in another thread on here by docho66 who had an reply from the club

Many thanks for your recent email to Fanzone regarding memberships and apologies for any delay that may have occurred.

We had initially expected membership packs to be ready for despatch at some point during early September but have been up against a few production issues which have resulted in the some elements not yet being ready.

Member cards, just as with season cards, are produced in Israel and we are currently awaiting these to be shipped to us and we are now expecting these to arrive nearer the end of September. The membership card is the most important element of your pack it is this which will provide you access into the stadium on a match day. Therefore, it is likely that packs will be with you during October, slightly later than initially anticipated.

The Club had also intended to send a “Thank You” letter/email prior to the Everton fixture but this was held back until we had further information on the delivery date of our member cards. Now that this has been confirmed, we will be emailing all purchasers to welcome them and thank them for their purchase. Obviously your membership card and pin badge will not be with you for some weeks but you will still be able to benefit from merchandise/event discounts and priority booking on home and away tickets immediately. On top of this, many other features are on the way, including the launch of “members-only” eNewsletter in October and content for our junior members.

I hope that this information is of some use and I thank you, once again, for purchasing your Gold membership and hope you enjoy a successful season with us.

I know a man utd ''fan'' who has paid £75 to become a gold member and to buy a ticket for that game at home, as its cheaper than a match ticket + travel up to manchester. lol

Would love to have seen their face when the TV games were announced lol.

Archived