Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky

Atmosphere

Move to Old Trafford because I didn't like the songs sung by One Direction in SK1? No issue with the kids singing there bit but the word 'Ultras' being used is embarrassing.

No one's used the Ultras tag and for very good reason. It's just a singing section.

Personally saw folks of all ages there but hey ho.

Just abit of a shock after spending 5 years living in Glasgow and being a active member of the Union Bears movement and helping organise some of the best displays to be seen in the UK. To move back down here and have to sit through such terrible songs and lack of creativity. I got the understanding the Union FS wanted to get noticed and took influences from a lot of Ultra groups, obviously not. You lads are missing the point when I said I wasn't singing it was because there was nothing to sing. Same drivel for 90 minutes. I'll be moving to as near to L1 as possible for the next match,

Guest LCFC_World

I wasnt singing anything, I just cringed for the lot of them. I was Sk1 row LL. Sk1 is the meeting place for people who has there lunch money stolen at school.

Next time keep your self at home watching Soccer Saturday. Your obviously only here to see big teams play. Work on your spelling too, it's 'their' not 'there'. At least we learnt how to spell at school.

You lads are missing the point when I said I wasn't singing it was because there was nothing to sing. Same drivel for 90 minutes. I'll be moving to as near to L1 as possible for the next match,

So why didn't you try to get up other chants then? Union FS have already spoken to the club if they did anything ultra-esque it would be claim down with immediate effects. Some of the lads in the group have been down that road before and threatened with life time bans.

This shouldn't be a L1 v Sk argument. We've collectively got to get behind them for 18 more home games.

Just abit of a shock after spending 5 years living in Glasgow and being a active member of the Union Bears movement and helping organise some of the best displays to be seen in the UK. To move back down here and have to sit through such terrible songs and lack of creativity. I got the understanding the Union FS wanted to get noticed and took influences from a lot of Ultra groups, obviously not. You lads are missing the point when I said I wasn't singing it was because there was nothing to sing. Same drivel for 90 minutes. I'll be moving to as near to L1 as possible for the next match,

:wave:

New song were possibly overdone yesterday but the full range of traditional City songs was gone through too.

It's going to be a bit of a case of trial error fella, you can't expect things to fall into place on the very first day.

Some fan you are you should be so proud of yourself.

You slag down and criticize your fellow fans for supporting the team they love.

They are trying to help the team and show there support and hope to give the players a little lift.

Instead of cringing at your fellow fans why don't you go and choke on your prawn sandwich at HT.

Far from a prawn sandwich fan. Trust me. I have just seen enough to know a good singing section/Ultra group.

Next time keep your self at home watching Soccer Saturday. Your obviously only here to see big teams play. Work on your spelling too, it's 'their' not 'there'. At least we learnt how to spell at school.

Picking up on spelling? Abit petty that mate. Thanks anyway.

Guest LCFC_World
;) Just annoyed me, we made an huge effort yesterday and I (and the majority of the fans) thought it was great.

New song were possibly overdone yesterday but the full range of traditional City songs was gone through too.

It's going to be a bit of a case of trial error fella, you can't expect things to fall into place on the very first day.

I appreciate that, but people hyping up Sk1 like it's the best thing since sliced bread ain't gonna help, people need to realise it needs work and singing the same songs over and over for 10/15 mins ain't what you need.

;) Just annoyed me, we made an huge effort yesterday and I (and the majority of the fans) thought it was great.

Effort was there yes, but there needs to be organisation between Sk1 and L1. If you were both together and followed one another the KP could be rocking! The whole ground and not just sections here and there.

Nothing like building up your own reputation is there ?

Not really building up my reputation. Sorry.

Sk1 was awful. Terrible songs. Ulloa one in particular. No organisation between Union FS. And forever singing different songs to the rest of the Kop and L1. There was no two sticks. No banners. No colour between the group. Just god awful championship standard songs between about 20 kids. Embarrassing.

Dickhead post

Guest LCFC_World

I have had people sitting in the west stand telling me how loud SK1 was. And it's not a competition between L1 and SK1, of course those fans would love to be together, but the layout of the stadium doesn't allow that! You can't possibly be singing the same songs all the time!

I have had people sitting in the west stand telling me how loud SK1 was. And it's not a competition between L1 and SK1, of course those fans would love to be together, but the layout of the stadium doesn't allow that! You can't possibly be singing the same songs all the time!

It's possible. With abit of communication.

Dickhead post

I appreciate that and take it on board. Thanks for your input.

Oli. Not really building up my reputation. Sorry.

I know.....

I was being sarcastic!

Whether you intended to or not, you have come across as some know it all who has some inner knowledge of 'ultra' groups and how to organise support.

Where did you get this from? Scotland?!?!?!?

Believe me I would love the good old hard core days of the 70's back ( oh by the way 'Ultras' were a type of bra back then), but it ain't gonna happen.

Therefore a half decent atmosphere with a bit of noise I will take.

I had a great day yesterday, enjoyed the whole craic.

Get over yourself.

Oli. Not really building up my reputation. Sorry.

I know.....

I was being sarcastic!

Whether you intended to or not, you have come across as some know it all who has some inner knowledge of 'ultra' groups and how to organise support.

Where did you get this from? Scotland?!?!?!?

Believe me I would love the good old hard core days of the 70's back ( oh by the way 'Ultras' were a type of bra back then), but it ain't gonna happen.

Therefore a half decent atmosphere with a bit of noise I will take.

I had a great day yesterday, enjoyed the whole craic.

Get over yourself.

Jesus. You ok? Or you want me to send you some tissues? Seem abit upset by my views on a poor singing section.

Sk1 was awful. Terrible songs. Ulloa one in particular. No organisation between Union FS. And forever singing different songs to the rest of the Kop and L1. There was no two sticks. No banners. No colour between the group. Just god awful championship standard songs between about 20 kids. Embarrassing.

It's almost funny how people manage to get themselves into this kind of state.

You've clearly got an agenda against UFS. I don't much care what the reason is but it's pathetic and you need to stop it now. I've sat in SK1 for years now and they've improved the atmosphere significantly. You'll be aware of this yourself and have, for some strange reason, decided to make up a bunch of lies about them to convince yourself that they aren't the positive presence they clearly are.

Lets all let Oli arrange sk1 next time, he's had great experience doing it in Scottish football lol I bet East Fife was amazing

Forget about Uefa cup final? And countless seasons in the CL?

Do you realise the hypocrisy of what you are saying there? Union Bears were not formed overnight and they almost certainly weren't doing choreos from day one so not sure what you were expecting from a group that has never called themselves Ultras. Also helps that Rangers are one of the biggest clubs in the UK and can draw upon a huge fanbase to garner support.

That in addition to the fact that the Club have been proven to actively shut down previous attempts such as the Fosse Boys and you don't really have much of a shot at an overnight Ultras group forming.

Clearly there are things to work on but it'd be a shame given the overwhelming opinion that yesterday was a success if a few decide that we weren't quite 'Ultra' enough for them.

Archived