Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky

Atmosphere

Talking of mics, i had a row with stewards over this. Yesterday on the East Stand side SKY deliberately placed the mics right against the advertising hoarding to block the sound. Around 30 minutes before kick-off it was the same with the mic closest to the away fans. I said to the steward that if their mic is deliberately moved to the perimeter of the pitch where they are all normally then it's a conspiracy. Sure enough, 5 minutes before kick-off the mic in front of them was moved and the one in front of L1 was still butted up against the advertising. I went mad!! The stewards enquired and said this is how SKY want it and nobody is allowed to move or tamper with them.

Talking of mics, i had a row with stewards over this. Yesterday on the East Stand side SKY deliberately placed the mics right against the advertising hoarding to block the sound. Around 30 minutes before kick-off it was the same with the mic closest to the away fans. I said to the steward that if their mic is deliberately moved to the perimeter of the pitch where they are all normally then it's a conspiracy. Sure enough, 5 minutes before kick-off the mic in front of them was moved and the one in front of L1 was still butted up against the advertising. I went mad!! The stewards enquired and said this is how SKY want it and nobody is allowed to move or tamper with them.

Astonishing, no wonder england grounds have such a bad reputation for atmosphere.

So it's not the stadium's fault then or that the kop is not next to the away fans?

I don't think the acoustics are great but when most of the ground is involved then it will be louder. In recent years we've had pockets of noise from the Kop and L1, yesterday it seemed the East Stand, the whole Kop and the West Stand were joining in. The ground is full = more people joining in and a compressed atmosphere, as opposed to 10k empty seats spread around, L1 and a few rows along the back of the Kop singing.

I don't think the acoustics are great but when most of the ground is involved then it will be louder. In recent years we've had pockets of noise from the Kop and L1, yesterday it seemed the East Stand, the whole Kop and the West Stand were joining in. The ground is full = more people joining in and a compressed atmosphere, as opposed to 10k empty seats spread around, L1 and a few rows along the back of the Kop singing.

I sit in the extreme end of the East Stand right up against the Kop and you could clearly hear the Man U fans so the sound was travelling along the East Stand which indicates to me that it's the volume of noise you make that is the overwhelming ingredient and we've not been making enough of it all people do is blame the stadium design which I accept contributes to it but not as much as people are making out and certainly doesn't justify 'moving the kop' to the family stand.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that felt exhausted @ the end.

As someone else said, Cambiaso's goal reminded me of Steve Thompsons goal v Swindon and as then, I went feckin mental - but I'm a fair bit older and less fit now;-(

The away support was fantastic but as home fans we were very good - the best atmosphere @ the KP so far

Absolute sceeeeeeeeeeenes. When we equalised I ended up 6 seats away from my seat, my dad and his mate were on the floor, brother was on the row in front. I've never ever witnessed anything like it. 

...and the NOISE! When it went to 4-3. My ears are still ringing. I had to sit down after this and calm down, head pounding, heart pounding, voice was totally knackered. 

Who'd want to support a "big club" 'eh?

I noticed that the one that was infront of L block against Arsenal wasn't there yesterday also.

Instead they placed it right infront of the United end lol

All the threads about lack of atmosphere/change the goal music/move the stand/move the stadium can all be deleted.

Yesterday proved we CAN along with the performance on the pitch create an atmosphere to be proud of.

I sit in the extreme end of the East Stand right up against the Kop and you could clearly hear the Man U fans so the sound was travelling along the East Stand which indicates to me that it's the volume of noise you make that is the overwhelming ingredient and we've not been making enough of it all people do is blame the stadium design which I accept contributes to it but not as much as people are making out and certainly doesn't justify 'moving the kop' to the family stand.

But there was probally well over 2500 Man U fans singing at 1 time,

What's the numbers that sing in l and k 500?? So it's more the numbers then volume!

But there was probally well over 2500 Man U fans singing at 1 time,

What's the numbers that sing in l and k 500?? So it's more the numbers then volume!

Well I guess that's what i meant, we have those numbers in the Kop but many people say they can't be heard by L1/away fans so we should swap it with the family stand, we don't need to we just need to get everyone possible to join in like they did yesterday. Volume = numbers not location.

Archived