Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky

Atmosphere

I didn't say the atmosphere was bad at all, so re-read all my posts. All I mentioned was, at the time when we were 2-1 down after half time, we were quiet. Just because five people on social media say otherwise, it doesn't make my point invalid.

Cheers. Next please.

It's all good saying L1 was poor from where you were sat, but for Everton fans to be saying we were excellent sort of throws your argument out the window.

Thanks, next please.

It's all good saying L1 was poor from where you were sat, but for Everton fans to be saying we were excellent sort of throws your argument out the window.

Thanks, next please.

See, re-read my posts. I didn't say L1 were in poor form at all. I said between 50th minute to when Wood scored, we (the stadium) were quiet. I just keep posting because you and others post as if you were singing non-stop all game. You weren't.

And now you're using a screenshot of social media to back your opinion up. That's just the opinion of 5 Everton fans. (Are they Everton fans? Did they go to the game?) out of 3300. It's all well saying "not many agree with you", but it works the other way as well. 

And also, they don't exactly clarify it's just L1 do they? "Leicester fans look class" refers to the whole ground.

See, re-read my posts. I didn't say L1 were in poor form at all. I said between 50th minute to when Wood scored, we (the stadium) were quiet. I just keep posting because you and others post as if you were singing non-stop all game. You weren't.

And now you're using a screenshot of social media to back your opinion up. That's just the opinion of 5 Everton fans. (Are they Everton fans? Did they go to the game?) out of 3300. It's all well saying "not many agree with you", but it works the other way as well.

And also, they don't exactly clarify it's just L1 do they? "Leicester fans look class" refers to the whole ground.

Gotta stick up for you a bit here. We (L1) did go quiet for perhaps 10mins where virtually nothing was really sang. I wouldn't say it was til Wood scored tho it may have seemed that from the kop. For 80mins tho it was really enjoyable back in L.

Gotta stick up for you a bit here. We (L1) did go quiet for perhaps 10mins where virtually nothing was really sang. I wouldn't say it was til Wood scored tho it may have seemed that from the kop. For 80mins tho it was really enjoyable back in L.

Sk1 was awful. Terrible songs. Ulloa one in particular. No organisation between Union FS. And forever singing different songs to the rest of the Kop and L1. There was no two sticks. No banners. No colour between the group. Just god awful championship standard songs between about 20 kids. Embarrassing.

Disagree. Thought SK1 was much better than it has been for a long time and that's the key point. No-one's denying there's a lot of work still to be done if we want to make this something to be proud of long term but at this stage it's an improvement on what's been before so we're going in the right direction.

Organisation could definitely have been better and the point about different songs being sung across the Kop is valid. This can certainly be improved over time. I don't think the point about singing different songs to L1 is particularly relevant because, aside from the fact that argument could be levelled equally to the fans in L1 not singing the same songs as the Kop, when people are already singing at the tops of their voices in either section, it's completely unrealistic to expect them to be able to hear what another group of fans, nearly 100 yards away are singing, then join in. During gaps in between songs, if we can hear L1,or any other part of the ground for that matter, efforts are made to join in but it's not always possible.

As for two sticks and banners, you've got to remember that this was Union FS' first game with a proper organised presence since the trial game against Charlton in March. The key thing at this stage is establishing the numbers to have a positive impact on the atmosphere. Without the foundations you've got nothing. Of course everyone wants to see a bit of colour added to the support but that's got to be further down the priority list at this stage. Rome wasn't built in a day! If this is going to grow and stand the test of time, its got to feed off the energy created by a good block of singers and, while you may disagree Oli, I certainly think the potential is there for that.

Hideous. Ultras? More like a Youth Club. Moving my ticket first thing Monday morning.

Don't really get this at all. Can't think why the group should be worried about falling short of your definition of 'Ultras' when this is something they've never claimed to be from the outset. As for the throwaway 'Youth Club' comment, would love to see your evidence for this. There were certainly young people and kids up near the back of SK1 but not exclusively by a long shot. There were people of all ages involved and that is surely a positive whichever way you want to look at it. Again, if this is to work long term, it's important that it can appeal to more than just lads in their 20s-30s. Why should any particular age group have the monopoly on creating an atmosphere?

Thanks to everyone at the game on Saturday. Your support undoubtedly made a difference to the lads in winning that point.

Our thoughts are summed up here if you have a spare two or three minutes to read.

Please also let us know if you have any comments or ideas on how we can get it even better for the next game.

It's good to be back!

Union FS

It's a shame that it's so far away from the goal, I've always thought it would be good to have more of it in the picture.

yeah i see what you mean. the cameras on motd zoomed out though so you could see wood/konchesky and everyone involved in their celebrations but a solid half the kop at least, if pausing the tele didn't make everything so pixelated it would've no doubt made a great photo but it looks a bit shit when it's paused off motd. looked like a "proper" celebration anyway. 

It wasn't just the singing, it was the noise made when players charged down clearances and made good tackles. Especially near the end when Wood harrassed Baines (I think it was?) and blocked his clearance, the noise was superb.

The crowd was really involved and it will lift players, several have commented on the atmosphere so if we applaud, encourage after even minor things happening against the top sides the players will respond.

It wasn't just the singing, it was the noise made when players charged down clearances and made good tackles. Especially near the end when Wood harrassed Baines (I think it was?) and blocked his clearance, the noise was superb.

The crowd was really involved and it will lift players, several have commented on the atmosphere so if we applaud, encourage after even minor things happening against the top sides the players will respond.

Agreed also like with konchesky at the end

The roar when Moore made that tackle on Lukaku. It's like we were within the players and feeling all the energy they must have had.

at least twice konchesky went through his man, the one in injury time when he must've ran a good 40 yards to nail man and ball down towards the sk1 corner was amazing. if you'd had left early you'd have been forgiven for thinking that roar was a winning goal, not a challenge on the touchline lol

Only really got a couple of things to say on this topic.

1. I thought the atmosphere on Saturday was very good. We do have it in us to produce decent noise at home this season.

2. I think it's fair to say that a significant number of away fans from other clubs won't give us any credit for the atmosphere this season, due to goal music, WYL, the drum and the 'poznan'/grecques/whatever we're supposed to be calling it celebration.

Whether or not you think that's fair...well, that's a matter of debate. The extent to which we should 'care' about outside perception is a matter of debate.

However, I would think the second point I've raised, however you feel about it, is incontrovertible.

The 22000 proper supporters last season didn't make much noise, maybe the 10k plastics have bought the atmosphere with them.

or maybe, sad as it sounds, it's easier for those 22k to get themselves up for an opening day premier league fixture that is tight throughout and involves a late leveller than it is to beating charlton 3-0, with no away fans and no real intensity. 

or maybe, sad as it sounds, it's easier for those 22k to get themselves up for an opening day premier league fixture that is tight throughout and involves a late leveller than it is to beating charlton 3-0, with no away fans and no real intensity.

I was being sarcastic, but surely being at the game and not being up for it is as bad as not being there.

The best atmosphere last season was at 4-0 down v Brighton when everyone turned on the plastics

They were happier turning on people who we're leaving the game than actually supporting the team.

It seems as if Saturday has shown we can only get up for it as a stadium if it's in the big time.

Hopefully there's more of the same performance wise from the players and the fans, I don't think I've enjoyed being at a game as much as I did on Saturday in a long time.

It helps being the underdog. A crowd will always be more up for it when the odds are stacked against them.

Cruising against sides like Charlton or Ipswich doesn't get anyone on the edge of their seat.

Thought it was ace.

Seemed to get away with Hey Jude without being laughed out the ground. Relief!

Love Everton's 'sloop john b'- think we need a few more songs to get our teeth into and keep going.

Tragedy of the ground is Kop can't really hear L and vice versa...

"We have no money so we sign our players on loan"  lol

At least they had original stuff though. They didn't come and sing "Leicester's a shithole, I wanna go home", "this is the worst trip I've ever been on" or any shite like that etc.

I did think their end looked brilliant when they scored though.

The pyro technics? Our fans take them every away game, I personally think they look class, but I think I'm in the small minority

2qizssw.png

Archived