Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndWhat?

Leicester City and VfL Bochum - Blue and White Friendship

Have to agree all the young lads made the half dozen or so older guys very welcome.

The welcome at the airport from the Bochum lads was great, with the flags; plus as AHF has said, getting a beer thrust in your hand as soon as you got through customs was a great ice breaker.

Many thanks to AndWhat? And great to meet other members such as Voll Blau, anotherharboroughfox, Hereford:Fox, Cool Col who lived up to his name singing "We only love the boys in blue" whilst being frisked by security in Dortmond airport! He's in his mid 50's by the way!

Thanks all for the camaraderie, will be back next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately my German side is Mönchengladbach, but have to agree anyone who hasn't experienced a German game certainly should.

I flew over for there game against Sevilla in the champions league. First time I've gone to Borussia Park for a champions league game & wow what a difference it makes to the atmosphere!! I could feel my seat vibrating.

Hopefully it brings the same to the KP when we're playing champions league football next year!!

Have to agree all the young lads made the half dozen or so older guys very welcome.

The welcome at the airport from the Bochum lads was great, with the flags; plus as AHF has said, getting a beer thrust in your hand as soon as you got through customs was a great ice breaker.

Many thanks to AndWhat? And great to meet other members such as Voll Blau, anotherharboroughfox, Hereford:Fox, Cool Col who lived up to his name singing "We only love the boys in blue" whilst being frisked by security in Dortmond airport! He's in his mid 50's by the way!

Thanks all for the camaraderie, will be back next year.

I could not agree with you more Chris. It was an absolute hoot from start to finish and after all, us old gits are just young fellows in an old man's body… lol.

I did sing the "boys in blue" song as the security man said 'Leicester City' with a big smile when he noticed my Leicester City top, so it was only right to give him a musical intro to our team.

Definitely up for another Bochum game and the Belgrade derby with you heat season Chris.

Need to get my deerstalker on!! Who is Moonstomp?

Six of us in the taxi to the airport, but who was out with us Saturday night (we did get a bit separated!) and also in the taxi?. Is it Gaz who got charged extra for not having the right train ticket home from Stansted!, it could be.

Anyway, could be a couple of others, but guess I will have to wait until Saints at home to find out, when I think the Bochum lads are over next.

Need to get my deerstalker on!! Who is Moonstomp?

Six of us in the taxi to the airport, but who was out with us Saturday night (we did get a bit separated!) and also in the taxi?. Is it Gaz who got charged extra for not having the right train ticket home from Stansted!, it could be.

Anyway, could be a couple of others, but guess I will have to wait until Saints at home to find out, when I think the Bochum lads are over next.

Moonstomp, thats lol, Laurence. See you in a couple of weeks lol.

So why, when I type L o l, does this stupid tablet think I mean lol

Edited by steveherbe

In the doghouse at home, can't get that Dusty Springfield song out of my head.

As I am tone deaf, can't sing (got regular detentions at school for not being able to sing) the old lady can't make out what tune I am singing to. Thanks lol!

"....It's crazy but it's true… We only love the boys in blue…!!"

• 2 months later...

I'll be at the Ruhrstadion tomorrow for the VfL Bochum - Karlsruher SC fixture. Looking forward to the matchday experience!

Will also try and spot more LCFC-related memorabilia if possible.

Look out for the flag to the left of the goal (as you're looking at the pitch from the terrace).  :)

I'll be at the Ruhrstadion tomorrow for the VfL Bochum - Karlsruher SC fixture. Looking forward to the matchday experience!

Awesome!

Look out for a Leicester and Bochum flag on the fence at the front of the Ostkurve that's always there.

Are you standing on the terrace? If you are keep an eye out for stickers, the place is covered in Leicester ones!

You'll love it mate, take some snaps and get them up on here when you're back!

I'd advise agsinst climbing the fence next to their capo. Other thsn that you'll have a class time.

lol

• 2 weeks later...