Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndWhat?

Leicester City and VfL Bochum - Blue and White Friendship

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Seen a few photos on FB, looks a great way to travel to a game, but I'm not sure my liver and kidneys are up to it lol I think i might try to pop over for a game next time I'm in Rotterdam for an Excelsior game, as they normally play Friday nights, can get the train from there, takes about 3 1/2 hours from the looks of things.

Yeah, we went up to Amsterdam from Bochum once, then went to Rotterdam for the ferry. Nice journey down the Rhein and change at Duisburg.

Belting trip, each one gets better and better. Very humbling the welcome we got over there. The Germans loved the pin badges we took over as gifts, 100 was nowhere near enough.

For anyone who is interested take a look at - https://www.facebook.com/BlueandWhiteFriendship/

Potentially a trip in August over for their first home game is on the cards.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, baker11 said:

According to a German mate their manager has told the fans that Leicester turned down a preseason game between the two clubs due to us partaking in the Asian preseason tour.

Disgusting. Germany has superior beer. Where does the owner's loyalties lie - great beer or our international reputation and fan base?

24 minutes ago, baker11 said:

According to a German mate their manager has told the fans that Leicester turned down a preseason game between the two clubs due to us partaking in the Asian preseason tour.

Yeah, but who doesn't want to see us vs WBA in a meaningless game over in Asia?

The latest trip was the first time I've experienced German football and I loved it! The Bochum fans are a great bunch. What really struck me is that the clubs have a genuine connection with the fans. The other thing was that the fans go to the games and have fun, something I feel we've lost in English football. 

3 hours ago, baker11 said:

Why couldn't the idiots arrange it for another time?

so annoying this would of been amazing 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Whats happened at Bochum today? Theres been a vote to change something, not sure what. Any insiders can update us?

Found out, they've voted to allow commercial investment, some of the Ultra section are not happy.

Edited by steveherbe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trip to Bochum currently being organised for the game against Darmstadt on Friday 9 February next year. Same weekend as Man City away so in theory people will be able to get to both games.

Drop me a DM if you fancy it and I'll give you the details. Several FTers have got involved in the past without knowing anyone else on the trip and thoroughly enjoyed themselves by all accounts.

• Like 1

Can't recommend this enough. 

Wen't on my first trip after getting in touch with a guy off here about a trip going over. This in February will be my 6th time over watching Bochum. Great set of guys and girls on both sets of the friendship, and a fantastic opportunity to experience serious football culture.

I’ve been to Bochum twice, once to watch our game at Old Trafford in 15/16 having never met any of the Bochum lads before and it was absolutely brilliant sharing that feeling with German Leicester fans that had us a much passion as we did. 

The second time was arguably one of the best weekends of my life, Bochum’s a brilliant city which was a laugh but the Sonderzug was absolutely unreal and if it wasn’t for uni I’d definitely be on it again this season. If you’re considering experiencing German football at some point I’d wholeheartedly recommend going to Bochum as it’s much more humble than watching Dortmund or Bayern and a very pure reflection of German football.