Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndWhat?

Leicester City and VfL Bochum - Blue and White Friendship

We should have a tournament (friendly tournament of course) with the above mentioned teams at the Allianz Arena.

The winner get to hold hands with NP whilst everyone sings With A Little Help From My Friends (Wet Wet Wet version).

It's not a fan friendship, it's a little group of Leicester fans that idolise German fan culture who know a few lads who support Bochum.

Eight guys going to a game isn't exactly huge is it?

I mean no disrespect to you and your friends, what you have is great for you and I hope you enjoy it. I've got a bunch of friends in Fukuoka in Japan. I've given one of them a city shirt and they gave me an Avispa one.

Doesn't mean we're about to play them in friendly does it? It's hardly FCSP/Celtic or whatever.

Some of you really need to get over your desperation to turn us all in to European Ultras. If you enjoy it, enjoy it. C-man has some amazing trips to Dortmund to follow BVB with some mates of his but he's not trying to hammer it down the rest of our throats and get us all joining Facebook groups and buying scarves and stickers.

In fact it's shit like this that, personally, puts me off groups like FS. From the outside looking in, and I really mean this as constructive criticism - not abuse - and I hope you take it as such. From the outside looking in it makes you look like a bunch of over eager kids and that's what will turn off older fans and the bulk of the crowd from joining in. It killed Fosse Boys and it'll kill other subsequent movements.

Edited by Finnegan

It's not a fan friendship, it's a little group of Leicester fans that bum German football who know a few lads who support Bochum.

I mean no disrespect to you and your friends, what you have is great for you and I hope you enjoy it. I've got a bunch of friends in Fukuoka in Japan. I've given one of them a city shirt and they gave me an Avispa one.

Doesn't mean we're about to play them in friendly does it? It's hardly FCSP/Celtic or whatever.

Some of you really need to get over your desperation to turn us all in to European Ultras. If you enjoy it, enjoy it. C-man has some amazing trips to Dortmund to follow BVB with some mates of his but he's not trying to hammer it down the rest of our throats and get us all joining Facebook groups and buying scarves and stickers.

In fact it's shit like this that, personally, puts me off groups like FS. From the outside looking in, and I really mean this as constructive criticism - not abuse - and I hope you take it as such. From the outside looking in it makes you look like a bunch of over eager kids and that's what will turn off older fans and the bulk of the crowd from joining in. It killed Fosse Boys and it'll kill other subsequent movements.

Which is probably how most fan friendships around the world start?

Not trying to ram it down anyones throat? If you don't want to join the Facebook group then don't...... 

I don't understand how anything like this could upset you enough to make a post like that?

Over eager kids? The Facebook page was started by a Bochum fan that I personally hadn't spoken to before Friday.

The second I seen you had posted in this thread I knew what I was about to read! 

• Like 1

Yet you posted it anyway, you think I'm alone in my attitude? Maybe I am but I suspect your number would be much larger if I wasn't.

The thing is, I really want you to succeed and make UFS a vocal force.

But posts like this make me turn my nose up, the stickers make me flat out role my eyes and I'm a member of the demographic you need to be targeting. You need to be impressing people like me to make the movement grow.

Yet you posted it anyway, you think I'm alone in my attitude? Maybe I am but I suspect your number would be much larger if I wasn't.

The thing is, I really want you to succeed and make UFS a vocal force.

But posts like this make me turn my nose up, the stickers make me flat out role my eyes and I'm a member of the demographic you need to be targeting. You need to be impressing people like me to make the movement grow.

If you 'turn your nose up' at things that happen at football clubs all over the world, then I pity you and your narrow mind.

and I don't think you are alone in your attitude, but I personally think that's the main problem with fans in this country.

I'm not speaking on behalf of UFS btw, I'm not one of the main organisers at all! (no where near smart enough!)

I just used an article by Filbert Spirit to explain how the connection started. So please don't use a Facebook group that was started by a Bochum fan after he met some Leicester fans on a train and read an article by the Filbert spirit guys to put down UFS.

Edited by AndWhat?
  • Like 1

It's not a fan friendship, it's a little group of Leicester fans that idolise German fan culture who know a few lads who support Bochum.

Tickets are far too scarce for me to be doing anything like that pal... I like the occasional brag though. Did I mention I've paid 10 euros for my ticket against Leverkusen this weekend? :P

I posted in the atmosphere thread about the 'kids' comment re Union FS but I don't get it and can't really see what we can do to change it inside the ground apart from stand there looking moody which is exactly what we are trying to edge away from. Can you elaborate because most members are mid-20s+ anyway? ...Maybe we're just lucky in complexion. ;)

Edited by C-man

Tickets are far too scarce for me to be doing anything like that pal... I like the occasional brag though. Did I mention I've paid 10 euros for my ticket against Leverkusen this weekend? :P

I posted in the atmosphere thread about the 'kids' comment re Union FS but I don't get it and can't really see what we can do to change it inside the ground apart from stand there looking moody which is exactly what we are trying to edge away from. Can you elaborate because most members are mid-20s+ anyway? ...Maybe we're just lucky in complexion. ;)

Yeah I should be so fvcking lucky...

Always enjoy my trips to Bochum. It is what it is, but since we last went over there there does seem to be a lot more German lads getting interested in Leicester City. Always get a warm welcome and a bottle of Fiege from them. As has been said would be great to take bigger numbers over there in future, it's always a cracking weekend with some top people.

Wow, there are some miserable sods on this forum

If you don't like it, why even comment?

Agree with this, massively. Unless there is some sort of electronic gun to the head of each user demanding that they enter and post in every thread. I would've thought this one would be pretty clear from the thread title as to whether you will be interested in reading. :dunno:

I don't post that often but lurk plenty and it's quite

clear that this forum (as with all Internet forums) has a fair number of arsehole killjoys with nothing better to do but criticise others for no good reason.

It's not even as if it's constructive, it's just blatant putting down for the sake of it. Anyone doing anything remotely fun is hammered just because others don't agree with it.

As you said, nobody is being forced to join in with this topic - if some sort of 'fan friendship' isn't for you, then go post about something else.

I'm not even interested in it tbh but can't see why anyone would have the time nor the need to come into this thread and moan about someone else's harmless venture.

Mind-boggling.

• 1 month later...

Just an update for those that care (and for those that don't care and are gonna come on here and tell me they don't care)

The Facebook page that was started by the Bochum lad has over 450 likes, of which only about 40 are Leicester lol He got some new Leicester and Bochum stickers made and sold 1000 of them over night to Germans! (Germans like stickers)

Anyway.... Just thought I'd drop an invite in here to anyone who fancies coming over to Bochum for a trip! Can meet all the German lads and see what it's all about.

Plan is to go over for their home game against Eintracht Brunswick on Friday 13th Feb, already checked and we aren't playing that weekend. Flights leave Luton at about 7am and arrive in Dortmund at 9, so plenty of beer time before the 6:30 kick off. Then stay the night and fly back the Saturday afternoon.

Flights are only 60 quid and hotel will be about 15 quid, so nice and cheap!

Let me know if anyone fancies it, gonna get flights booked in the next week or so.

Me and my mates go to watch Gorleston Rangers. I might make some badges

Can you let me know the time of the next home game your going to.

Also what bus and at what time I need to catch it at market gates GY.

Also how much are the badges?

Do they play in blue and white if not you can feck off lol lol lol

Edited by sylofox