Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
L1 fox

Leicester fans should all stand at away games

I am fully in favour of standing, it looks like a funeral with everyone sat down. Yesterday my view from the gods wasn't great anyway, anytime the ball came into the half where we were, I had to stand to see, and was fortunate in the fact the people behind me understood and were in a similar mindset. What doesn't help is the older spectators being less than pleasant in voicing their opinions. Granted they probably can't hack 90 minutes on their feet, but I witnessed 2 instances yesterday where elderly fans got up in a young lads face, with one of them coming 2 minutes in and resulting in him screaming at someone who was probably 16 and just getting into away days. It made the remaining 88 minutes of the game thoroughly unpleasant for all around as well as killing the atmosphere that was there to begin with. I envied everyone to the right who was able to stand and enjoy the day while we were all stuck to our seats so 2 old guys could see a third of the pitch!

Ticket policy should change where preference to bottom, middle or top of the stand can be selected so people want to sit can go to the front.

Or, everyone should stand, like you're supposed to at an away game.

All too often it's a woman behind having a good old moan.

I am fully in favour of standing, it looks like a funeral with everyone sat down. Yesterday my view from the gods wasn't great anyway, anytime the ball came into the half where we were, I had to stand to see, and was fortunate in the fact the people behind me understood and were in a similar mindset. What doesn't help is the older spectators being less than pleasant in voicing their opinions. Granted they probably can't hack 90 minutes on their feet, but I witnessed 2 instances yesterday where elderly fans got up in a young lads face, with one of them coming 2 minutes in and resulting in him screaming at someone who was probably 16 and just getting into away days. It made the remaining 88 minutes of the game thoroughly unpleasant for all around as well as killing the atmosphere that was there to begin with. I envied everyone to the right who was able to stand and enjoy the day while we were all stuck to our seats so 2 old guys could see a third of the pitch!

you must have been near me.  A elderly guy was literally screamming non stop.............sit down, sit down, sit down to this poor young smallish lad in front of him.  I felt very sorry for the lad, and worried about the heart of the elderly man. 

you must have been near me. A elderly guy was literally screamming non stop.............sit down, sit down, sit down to this poor young smallish lad in front of him. I felt very sorry for the lad, and worried about the heart of the elderly man.

I was sat next to said elderly man, he looked disgruntled before it all anyway, and even worse afterwards. Also felt sorry for what I presume were his grandchildren sat the other side of him as they didn't know where to look and could clearly grasp the concept of being totally and utterly embarrassed, as I'm sure many others who witnessed it were!

Being disabled I find it hard to stand for long periods of time but at some games everyone stands and I can see **** all as I'm not the tallest but I don't moan about that during the game by the end of the game my legs hurt so much I'm hobling out the ground.

Being disabled I find it hard to stand for long periods of time but at some games everyone stands and I can see **** all as I'm not the tallest but I don't moan about that during the game by the end of the game my legs hurt so much I'm hobling out the ground.

Yes this is exactly the reason why unregulated standing will always lead to problems.

I feel for you, you have paid your money and should see the game as much as anyone else.

Personally I prefer to stand but would never stand in front of anyone that is sitting. I would either move or force myself to sit.

On Saturday I managed to move to a gap where there was better atmosphere and standing.

Do we have these categories: a fan (sits and watches in silence with no interaction) or a supporter (actively tries to help the team by singing, clapping, shouting for handball, chanting cynical comments etc). Put me in the latter! If you go to a match and sit in silence and dont even clap you probably never read this site! 

I thought things were improving but it seems yesterday was awful for standing.

Real shame.

I think they are. Newcastle away was just a total write-off in every department. Probably in my top three worst away ends I've been in.

dont know why/see people are calling people who sit....i can understand calling the ones who just sit there in virtual silence though.

but calling for everyone to stand is kind of a mockery....as you expecting people in Wheelchairs to get up now(just saying  :unsure:  :rolleyes: )

TBH, I Don't get it, if you're able to stand for long periods of time why would you want to spend 3 hours travelling (sat down) to then sit down again, surely you'd want to stretch out? If you are able to stand for the whole game but don't want to it's a bit pathetic, just get on with it like most reasonable people

Do we have these categories: a fan (sits and watches in silence with no interaction) or a supporter (actively tries to help the team by singing, clapping, shouting for handball, chanting cynical comments etc).

Yes, absolutely we do and unfortunately the supporter is being replaced by the 'fan'. It's already happened at Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United (at home at least) and will continue to happen whilst we are bound by such ludicrous conditions - i.e. high ticket prices (especially for 16-22 year olds) justified by 'fans', lack of safe standing accommodation etc.

The 'I've paid my money and deserve to be entertained/booing' mentality is prevalent in 'fans' and is completely annihilating any remaining bond between supporters and players too.

Quite frankly if we don't mobilise as supporters, we'll lose the game completely in the next 20 years - tickets will be £75 each, season tickets £1k minimum, everyone sitting in silence. But it'll all be OK because we might get promoted back to the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD TM' where all the second tier world class players play.

dont know why/see people are calling people who sit....i can understand calling the ones who just sit there in virtual silence though.

but calling for everyone to stand is kind of a mockery....as you expecting people in Wheelchairs to get up now(just saying  :unsure:  :rolleyes: )

Of course not, but how many people go to grounds in wheelchairs really? Obviously there are exceptions but most people who don't stand are just lazy and/or passionless. The od person having to sit down doesn't stop hundreds of others standing.

Like I said it doesn't seem to be a problem for bigger clubs - are we to assume hundreds of wheelchair users are turned away at the door for their away games?

Yes, absolutely we do and unfortunately the supporter is being replaced by the 'fan'. It's already happened at Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United (at home at least) and will continue to happen whilst we are bound by such ludicrous conditions - i.e. high ticket prices (especially for 16-22 year olds) justified by 'fans', lack of safe standing accommodation etc.

The 'I've paid my money and deserve to be entertained/booing' mentality is prevalent in 'fans' and is completely annihilating any remaining bond between supporters and players too.

Quite frankly if we don't mobilise as supporters, we'll lose the game completely in the next 20 years - tickets will be £75 each, season tickets £1k minimum, everyone sitting in silence. But it'll all be OK because we might get promoted back to the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD TM' where all the second tier world class players play.

Well said. Agree with all of that but particularly about being a supporter rather than just a fan.

It's become a little politically incorrect to criticise those around you for not getting behind the team. It's "mean" and "shouldn't be done." Sorry for any offence I cause but I much prefer being in a passionate, engaged crowd than one that isn't and actually I think most other people would too, they just don't realise it.

Everyone has got it in them, we saw that against United when the Kop stood up and belted out the chants, they've just been taught that that isn't the done thing.

The problem is we are not a fashionable club. How many blokes in their 30s support us? Very few I'd imagine. If we had more of that age group we'd have more standing.

How on earth have you came to that conclusion? lol

How on earth have you came to that conclusion? lol

I agree. We seem to have a huge number of women and older people in our away ends compared to other clubs.

Look at a Man City, Spurs or Leeds away end, the vast majority of it is 20-45 year old males and hence why it is 100% standing. 

Whether we lost a generation of fans somewhere i don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. We seem to have a huge number of women and older people in our away ends compared to other clubs.

Look at a Man City, Spurs or Leeds away end, the vast majority of it is 20-45 year old males and hence why it is 100% standing. 

Whether we lost a generation of fans somewhere i don't know.

David Pleat killed one generation and Peter Taylor another. There was a risk of another genocide committed by Ian Holloway, but Nige came in and saved the day.

Archived