Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
L1 fox

Leicester fans should all stand at away games

I feel that more and more we are sitting down at away games . This seems to reduce our atmosphere and reputation as a club . Supporters should go to away games with the understanding they may have to stand and be accepting of this . I  know this may not be possible for more elderly fans which is where i believe we should have a standing section in a bottom corner of our away section and the rest standing reducing arguements and creating better atmosphere

I feel that more and more we are sitting down at away games . This seems to reduce our atmosphere and reputation as a club . Supporters should go to away games with the understanding they may have to stand and be accepting of this . I  know this may not be possible for more elderly fans which is where i believe we should have a standing section in a bottom corner of our away section and the rest standing reducing arguements and creating better atmosphere

I assume you mean seated? If so, why should those who wish to sit, or need to sit, get a crap view simply because they don't want to stand? For example, at Stoke on the Saturday just gone I was on the very front row - awful view of anything past the half way line. I couldn't imagine having that view every single other week.

I stand wherever possible at away games, but I wouldn't stand if I knew it had an affect on a fellow fans view.

Personally i think grounds should have sections in the away end for fans that want to stand and fans that to sit it would be a much easier solution and of course I am referring to the safe standing aswell. However even without the Safe standing something can still be arranged, for example if there's allocation of 2,000 tickets in a away end have one of side of the stand for standing the other side for sitting each with the allocation of 1,000 tickets its simple and perverts problems among fans . Also some people must respect some people many not want to stand for the full match especially fans with difficulties or some children. 

Personally i think grounds should have sections in the away end for fans that want to stand and fans that to sit it would be a much easier solution and of course I am referring to the safe standing aswell. However even without the Safe standing something can still be arranged, for example if there's allocation of 2,000 tickets in a away end have one of side of the stand for standing the other side for sitting each with the allocation of 1,000 tickets its simple and perverts problems among fans . Also some people must respect some people many not want to stand for the full match especially fans with difficulties or some children.

It's against ground regulations to stand so clubs can't do anything to facilitate standing, this means that some who want to stand have to sit and some who want to sit have to stand. This causes problems but sensible people should be able to understand what they should do to make events as enjoyable for everyone as possible.

It's against ground regulations to stand so clubs can't do anything to facilitate standing, this means that some who want to stand have to sit and some who want to sit have to stand. This causes problems but sensible people should be able to understand what they should do to make events as enjoyable for everyone as possible.

Totally agree

It's the legislation that's the problem and at the minute the legislation will always favour these who would rather sit.

But as a matter of fact I tend to disagree, I think we stand far more than we used to. Wasn't at Stoke but it looked like we were sat on TV, not sure how many exactly were.

yawwwwnnn not this again guys!

The truth is despite if you think standing makes you a better fan, if you are standing in front of someone and obstructing their view you are one prize idiot.

Exactly and pushing people out of their seats because you want to be in that area is also unacceptable, if you have to sit so that others enjoy the game you sit.

yawwwwnnn not this again guys!

The truth is despite if you think standing makes you a better fan, if you are standing in front of someone and obstructing their view you are one prize idiot.

There's two ways to go about this. Move, or ask the people behind you to swap unless you're in front of some complete idiots who must "sit in the seat they've paid for".

Jesus, do we really need to do this again? It always starts as a discussion, which turns into an argument and then people climb aboard their high horse and start throwing childish insults around. If people want to sit down, that is their choice because ultimately, you are paying for a seat. If people wish to stand then that's fine as long as they don't block the view of people wanting to sit. Anyone that throws abuse at people who don't stand up need to grow up and take a long hard look at themselves. It doesn't make you a better fan!

There's two ways to go about this. Move, or ask the people behind you to swap unless you're in front of some complete idiots who must "sit in the seat they've paid for".

In full ends it's not going to be that easy, a bit of give and take can help but fans should be prepared to sit if there is no other option. Unfortunately the way that the away priority gets sold tends to put a large group of older fans who want to sit in one area which means even if a few can move there will be friction. Respect for each other is needed.

If people want to sit they should be allowed to do so. Politely inviting people to join is fine but we need to leave out any attacks on other fans.

It's the legislation that's the problem and at the minute the legislation will always favour these who would rather sit.

But as a matter of fact I tend to disagree, I think we stand far more than we used to. Wasn't at Stoke but it looked like we were sat on TV, not sure how many exactly were.

I reckon there were about 10% sitting down at Stoke. 

Quite. If people were more willing to be flexible there wouldn't be so much conflict, it works both ways of course.

Jesus, do we really need to do this again? It always starts as a discussion, which turns into an argument and then people climb aboard their high horse and start throwing childish insults around. If people want to sit down, that is their choice because ultimately, you are paying for a seat. If people wish to stand then that's fine as long as they don't block the view of people wanting to sit. Anyone that throws abuse at people who don't stand up need to grow up and take a long hard look at themselves. It doesn't make you a better fan!

You're pulling insults out of nowhere here. How can we expect to have a discussion about this when people claim to be victimised whenever it's brought up?

Complete idiots? Really?

I mean, you do realise that they are the ones in the right and the person choosing to go and willingly sit/stand where someone else is supposed to be is in the wrong?

Clearly there should always be some common sense involved, if there are loads of spare seats what does it matter. But if I for instance turn up at 2.55 with a load of mates and find people sat in our seats, with the only other option being for us to all split up then I will kick them out.

For the person being inconvenienced, someone siting in their seat can be a massive pain in the arse. Potentially meaning they end up wandering about aimlessly looking for a free seat, or split from their group. So I'm not surprised people wish to sit where there ticket states they should.

Complete idiots? Really?

I mean, you do realise that they are the ones in the right and the person choosing to go and willingly sit/stand where someone else is supposed to be is in the wrong?

Clearly there should always be some common sense involved, if there are loads of spare seats what does it matter. But if I for instance turn up at 2.55 with a load of mates and find people sat in our seats, with the only other option being for us to all split up then I will kick them out.

For the person being inconvenienced, someone siting in their seat can be a massive pain in the arse. Potentially meaning they end up wandering about aimlessly looking for a free seat, or split from their group. So I'm not surprised people wish to sit where there ticket states they should.

Yeah... but he's just talking about people agreeing to swap seats, which is very different.

Archived