Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

Whether he would consider us I don't know, but I would be looking to bring in moyes or pulis. Pulis should moyes not consider which is likely. Seems to be the consensus across the forum around who would replace him.

He seems a little marmite but I don't care how we stay up personally and at least he has firm ideas on how to survive in this league, what he wants and how he ia going to go about it.

That is my biggest concern wth Pearson is that he has changed our style and doesn't seem to have any idea of HOW we will play to start with. He will call it 'options' but all it's worked out to be is a mish mash of passing but no creativity and lumping the ball forward to heads or over the top to vardy, none of which are working.

As for how long do I give him? They are managers that have proven they don't panic even under severe pressure and he may not have had a chance to prove himself yet, but I don't see that in Pearson. I must give him credit for turning things around last season as there were times around Xmas especially when we looked like we could crack and went on an amazing run, but we always looked capable then, and we don't now.

Fair do's

I really don't want Pulis though lol

We've had ups and downs under Pearson before, where people said we should get rid as he's not good enough. The first season back after Sven, the dip in form the season after. Every time we've eventually come back stronger. Every single year under him we've improved our position and never gone backwards.

So why, after 5 bad results would anyone once again jump on the lets get rid, he's not good enough bandwagon. Was being proved wrong twice already not enough for most people to hold fire a bit?

Whether he eventually turns out to be good enough time will decide. But, for me the past dictates he should get the chance to prove it one way or another. I've said it before, he's slow to correct mistakes, he's slow to see his own mistakes, but we usually end up getting there.

This season is going to be more unforgiving on him as we were always going to be in real risk of going down. In previous years we haven't been and he's been afforded time to correct any mistakes. This year his learning curve (and the players) needs to happen in quick time, otherwise he might not get the chance again at this level.

No, he may not. But we aren't on a Nigel Pearson experiment here, this is Leicester City Football Club and were back where we want to be after 10 years.

The moment on the balance of probability we aren't going to stay up, we should pull the trigger, and that is likely to be pretty soon.

You've said it yourself, he's slow to react, and to change his mistakes. Or even admit them! This season is shorter, and we don't the games to waste.

He has found out you cant play like we did last season in the championship as we will get turned over quite a lot because most teams if not all in this league play with 3 midfielders and if we played 4-4-2 we would get overran in that dept

But that's literally the exact opposite of what's happened.

If it was that simple, why doesn't everyone play 3 in the middle?

4-4-2 being a poor formation is an absolute myth. Did Atletico Madrid not pull off probably the biggest over-achievement of my lifetime last season playing that exact formation?

I've never liked him to be honest, but is the name on every fans lips who are in trouble, rightly or wrongly. And you can't argue with his record as annoying as he is.

Paulo di canio maybe?

Definitely not Di Canio! Could do without the media circus and he doesn't seem very popular amongst his own players.

If we did sack Pearson I'd look to someone like Eddie Howe or Steve Clarke

We've had ups and downs under Pearson before, where people said we should get rid as he's not good enough. The first season back after Sven, the dip in form the season after. Every time we've eventually come back stronger. Every single year under him we've improved our position and never gone backwards.

So why, after 5 bad results would anyone once again jump on the lets get rid, he's not good enough bandwagon. Was being proved wrong twice already not enough for most people to hold fire a bit?

Whether he eventually turns out to be good enough time will decide. But, for me the past dictates he should get the chance to prove it one way or another. I've said it before, he's slow to correct mistakes, he's slow to see his own mistakes, but we usually end up getting there.

This season is going to be more unforgiving on him as we were always going to be in real risk of going down. In previous years we haven't been and he's been afforded time to correct any mistakes. This year his learning curve (and the players) needs to happen in quick time, otherwise he might not get the chance again at this level.

A good post but I'm seeing it from the owners' perspective. As a fan I agree I'd like to see him given the season, but they won't stand for relegation and I'm absolutely sure of it.

I honestly think if we're still on nine points this time next month he won't be in charge.

We have always bounced back under him but I've got to admit right at this moment in time I'm seriously struggling to see where the next win is coming from.

I've never liked him to be honest, but is the name on every fans lips who are in trouble, rightly or wrongly. And you can't argue with his record as annoying as he is.

Paulo di canio maybe? lol

Di Canio would be an absolutely suicidal appointment.

The thing is I think th manager is learning about this league as well as the players, NP picks the team he feels is well suited to the next opposition so it could be that we need Vardys pace out wide one game or Mahrez trickery the next.  He has found out you cant play like we did last season in the championship as we will get turned over quite a lot because most teams if not all in this league play with 3 midfielders and if we played 4-4-2 we would get overran in that dept

is it just me that finds this strange? How can we be overran in midfield if we have 1 extra man? or am i being stupid?

Definitely not Di Canio! Could do without the media circus and he doesn't seem very popular amongst his own players.

If we did sack Pearson I'd look to someone like Eddie Howe or Steve Clarke

Imagine what he would think of GTF if he thought bardsley was overweight lol

is it just me that finds this strange? How can we be overran in midfield if we have 1 extra man? or am i being stupid?

Because it's three central midfielders against two rather than three central midfielders against four, unless you have the wide men drifting in and holding a shape (which ours don't really).

I think people put too much emphasis on the midfield battle. I'm not saying it's unimportant, but it isn't the only way to win a game.

We need at least 4 centre midfielders stupid! lol

but the original post said 3 midfielders not central midfielders.

Ignore me im just thinking you writing 3 midfielders would mean one in the middle and one on either wing. Therefore our 4-4-2 would have 2 CM to there 1.

No, he may not. But we aren't on a Nigel Pearson experiment here, this is Leicester City Football Club and were back where we want to be after 10 years.

And we are back there because of him, we were quick to let him walk away before and look how that worked out. It's no experiment to stick with a man who has always ended up getting it right for you previously, it's common sense.

The moment on the balance of probability we aren't going to stay up, we should pull the trigger, and that is likely to be pretty soon.

Soon? We are just 4 points behind the team in 9th. That could oh so very easily have been 1 point but for a stupid late tackle against Burnley and Wes Morgan heading into his own player. You can't build a season on if's and buts but the margins currently are very small, even playing at our worst we've hardly been outclassed by every team.

Thankfully most fans and the owners don't have your reactionary attitude, if they had we could be well still stuck in the championship making it an 11 year wait.

You've said it yourself, he's slow to react, and to change his mistakes. Or even admit them! This season is shorter, and we don't the games to waste.

I also said he has so far always ended up correcting them and us improving. There are 28 games to go, we've had 5 decent performances or results and 5 bad ones, we are no where near adrift and there is plenty of time to improve things.

Because it's three central midfielders against two rather than three central midfielders against four, unless you have the wide men drifting in and holding a shape (which ours don't really).

I think people put too much emphasis on the midfield battle. I'm not saying it's unimportant, but it isn't the only way to win a game.

Theres the magic word :thumbup:

A good post but I'm seeing it from the owners' perspective.

I'm not sure the perspective of the owners is as clear as it maybe used to be when they first arrived.

They stuck with Pearson when most wanted him gone and have reaped those rewards once already. They have cut the spending massively and look like they are trying to run the club with what it earns, there has been no lavish signings and continue to invest in the youth schemes for a long term future.  We've contracted the management and the players he chose on long contracts. They have seen how difficult football can be and how management changes and throwing money at things can work against your long term goals, they continue to run the club in a way that flies in the face of how people think foreign owners will run a club

I want our club to be in the premier league, but I also want a stable club with non of the chopping and changing that has gone on here before. If we got relegated I would take it on the chin, but with the parachute payments and most of our best players on long contracts we would be in a very strong position to return. We've seen new managers coming in before wanting to get in their own players ripping up the team in the process, it happens more often than not and often ends up being a waste of money. The other option is you keep the man you had and let him add a couple of coupe to a team you know already works in that league.

Two very different routes, neither option has a guarantee of success. But there have been a lot of teams that get rid of their manager hoping it changes their fortunes and then spiral down to the champ and struggle in there as well. There have probably been more failures than successes when it comes to changing manager.

Well if even you are starting to have doubts about Pearson then there must be a problem.

Hello. You've been very quiet lately! Have you been sitting in the corner crying again? I can't really blame you, as there is not much to smile about, is there?

Get mummy to buy you a lollipop. That should make you feel better.  :thumbup:

Imagine this place if we sacked Pearson and brought in Dyche lol

I could just imagine the press confence to announce it, glass breaks and Stone Cold Steve Austins music plays and Dyche walks in signals for a couple of beers to be thrown to him and then sits down to talk about his new job

I'm not sure the perspective of the owners is as clear as it maybe used to be when they first arrived.

They stuck with Pearson when most wanted him gone and have reaped those rewards once already. They have cut the spending massively and look like they are trying to run the club with what it earns, there has been no lavish signings and continue to invest in the youth schemes for a long term future.  We've contracted the management and the players he chose on long contracts. They have seen how difficult football can be and how management changes and throwing money at things can work against your long term goals, they continue to run the club in a way that flies in the face of how people think foreign owners will run a club

I want our club to be in the premier league, but I also want a stable club with non of the chopping and changing that has gone on here before. If we got relegated I would take it on the chin, but with the parachute payments and most of our best players on long contracts we would be in a very strong position to return. We've seen new managers coming in before wanting to get in their own players ripping up the team in the process, it happens more often than not and often ends up being a waste of money. The other option is you keep the man you had and let him add a couple of coupe to a team you know already works in that league.

Two very different routes, neither option has a guarantee of success. But there have been a lot of teams that get rid of their manager hoping it changes their fortunes and then spiral down to the champ and struggle in there as well. There have probably been more failures than successes when it comes to changing manager.

Well reasoned as usual, but I'm cautious. I don't think it's beyond them to bin Pearson off whilst it looks like we can't buy a win on the pitch and whilst someone with a reputation for keeping teams up is available. Do you really think they will chance it and accept relegation in the hope of bouncing back even stronger? I'm not sure they will as there are no guarantees in football and we have a November that proves to be as weak as October, we are in trouble, December is a very tough month and it isn't beyond the realms of possibility we end up falling further behind the others.

We HAVE to get at least 4 points off Sunderland/QPR for me.

Knowing us we'll go and scrape a win at Southampton anyway.

Hello. You've been very quiet lately! Have you been sitting in the corner crying again? I can't really blame you, as there is not much to smile about, is there?

Get mummy to buy you a lollipop. That should make you feel better. :thumbup:

lol

Bloody Hell DT!

I am a little surprised that I've not again been reminded of my doubts over Pearson (of the season before last)?

Its been some time now

Archived