Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

He needs to stop playing this shitty formation and ultilising his best players...

It's annoying because I don't think I'll ever get to see us playing like most modern teams with him in charge, hope I'm wrong and he puts out a 4-2-3-1 :D I'd love to see him do that and watch the team trying to win!

Ok let's look at this with some perspective:

Palace - away - we looked to be the winners till two quick fire second half goals.

Burnley - should've won was it not for a last minute free kick.

WBA - unlucky own goal cost us.

Swansea - given, we were atrocious.

Newcastle - we didn't take our chances.

Southampton - good away performance for 75 minutes.

I'm sorry, it's our first bad run in over a year. Everything he has built/done in his two spells - signings of good young player and development squad with players itching to get in the first team and smashing to bits a league we have struggled in for 9 years can not be forgotten over the last few games.

The players lack confidence and the luck isn't on our side right now but come on. We bought into the Pearson way and it's reaped rewards.

Give him his chance to sort this out, he will. I don't want to go back to having no direction, scraping results and having a youth team which isn't worth the paper it is written on.

We have a structure under Pearson. Structures/progress do not appear over night. We are going through a hard time and guess what we have been through it before.

Back him - he will come

Good AGAIN!

Palace - away - we looked to be the winners till two quick fire second half goals.

I'm sorry, it's our first bad run in over a year. Everything he has built/done in his two spells - signings of good young player and development squad with players itching to get in the first team and smashing to bits a league we have struggled in for 9 years can not be forgotten over the last few games.

The players lack confidence and the luck isn't on our side right now but come on. We bought into the Pearson way and it's reaped rewards.

Give him his chance to sort this out, he will. I don't want to go back to having no direction, scraping results and having a youth team which isn't worth the paper it is written on.

We have a structure under Pearson. Structures/progress do not appear over night. We are going through a hard time and guess what we have been through it before.

Back him - he will come

Good AGAIN!

Like you outlook, but in the game at palace, we were bullied and dominated from the off, burnley we looked off the pace, and the rest we haven't looked like scoring.

I'm sorry but you create you own luck, if you are creating plenty of chances, and giving it a go, luck, law of averages says you score a goal or two, maybe we get a lucky deflection, sneak a point or two.

If you play like we have, negative and going out not to lose, it's obvious it's going to affect the amount of chances, reduces the chance of getting a bit of luck, and relying on a team which isn't the best defensively to keep a clean sheet, and maybe score a goal.

Wether you defend Pearson or slate him, I think everybody accepts he's got it wrong over the last 6 games.

I'm still on the side of back him, but it's becoming harder by the game, don't expect anything but to at least give it a go, for his sake I hope he stops persisting with a system that doesn't work, and stop trying to match teams, **** me we have pace and good players, who are not comfortable in this system, let them play to their strengths, and at least if we lose, they had a chance of making a fist of it

Back him - he will come

Good AGAIN!

This?

We look beat from the moment we step onto the pitch. Set up all wrong the diamond aint working, no creativity, no wingers.

1 point out of eighteen possible

Little or no shots on target

Blaming the players, when he is at fault

Trying to scrape 0 0 away from home against quality opposition

We havent got time in this league?

Stick with him, we will be down by Xmas.

Championship manager yes, premier league your having a laugh?

This?

We look beat from the moment we step onto the pitch. Set up all wrong the diamond aint working, no creativity, no wingers.

1 point out of eighteen possible

Little or no shots on target

Blaming the players, when he is at fault

Trying to scrape 0 0 away from home against quality opposition

We havent got time in this league?

Stick with him, we will be down by Xmas.

Championship manager yes, premier league your having a laugh?

This sort of attitude is why I'm starting to dislike a lot of what football fans say and how they react to a poor run of form.

Its crazy to see how many fans want pearson out at this stage ,yes we haven't performed at all recently but theres plenty of time to turn it around, look at newcastle, he built a good team and got us here when no other manager has looked close to and now you want him out? Didn't the sven days teach anyone anything ? It seems most people on here just love the 'excitement' of seeing a new manager come in. Pearson knows the team and give him time he'll turn this around.

This sort of attitude is why I'm starting to dislike a lot of what football fans say and how they react to a poor run of form.

Come on, please tell me where the next goal is coming from? We dont play wingers,we create the square root of naff all. I am fed up to the back teeth of playing boring negative football. For gods sake please tell me why you believe it will get better? If you have either travelled away and witnessed our performances are you seriously happy with seeing that?

Opposition fans mocking us when we try to have a shot or even getting into their penalty area?

I aint.

I love this football club I have supported us all my life and will continue to do so but as a man he has to take responsibility for his own actions and stupid formations? Not to play any wingers is bloody pitiful and setting us up to lose before a ball has been kicked and then blaming the players when we do is a sackable offence.

David Moyes, Tony Pulis and Mancini are all free agents... Whether we can get any of them remains to be seen.

I agree Moyes or Mancini would be good, however why the fvck would either of them come to Leicester. And if Pulis comes to Leicester I think i'll go and support Coventry.

Come on, please tell me where the next goal is coming from? We dont play wingers,we create the square root of naff all. I am fed up to the back teeth of playing boring negative football. For gods sake please tell me why you believe it will get better? If you have either travelled away and witnessed our performances are you seriously happy with seeing that?

Opposition fans mocking us when we try to have a shot or even getting into their penalty area?

I aint.

I love this football club I have supported us all my life and will continue to do so but as a man he has to take responsibility for his own actions and stupid formations? Not to play any wingers is bloody pitiful and setting us up to lose before a ball has been kicked and then blaming the players when we do is a sackable offence.

lol don't be a baby, you laud it when we are winning, you take it when we are shit. It's five bad games in a row, every manager has had them in their careers, calm down and think about it.

I'm not sure the perspective of the owners is as clear as it maybe used to be when they first arrived.

They stuck with Pearson when most wanted him gone and have reaped those rewards once already. They have cut the spending massively and look like they are trying to run the club with what it earns, there has been no lavish signings and continue to invest in the youth schemes for a long term future.  We've contracted the management and the players he chose on long contracts. They have seen how difficult football can be and how management changes and throwing money at things can work against your long term goals, they continue to run the club in a way that flies in the face of how people think foreign owners will run a club

I want our club to be in the premier league, but I also want a stable club with non of the chopping and changing that has gone on here before. If we got relegated I would take it on the chin, but with the parachute payments and most of our best players on long contracts we would be in a very strong position to return. We've seen new managers coming in before wanting to get in their own players ripping up the team in the process, it happens more often than not and often ends up being a waste of money. The other option is you keep the man you had and let him add a couple of coupe to a team you know already works in that league.

Two very different routes, neither option has a guarantee of success. But there have been a lot of teams that get rid of their manager hoping it changes their fortunes and then spiral down to the champ and struggle in there as well. There have probably been more failures than successes when it comes to changing manager.

I thought I should reply to the quote you referred me to!

You see, I'm not sure I was putting words into your mouth ('probably been more failures than successes' / 'it happens more often than not'). I think that's pretty much exactly what I said you said!

And like I said, I think Pearson should have longer, but the board need to know when it's wise to change.

And, at risk of repeating myself, whichever way you look at it there are a roughly equal number of success stories and failures. I gave the example of the ten clubs who were in the bottom 6 at this stage in November and who have changed clubs before the end of January in the past five years, and how seven out of those ten have gone on to stay up. There are plenty of stats which would bring you to the same conclusion, but they can only tell us so much and they are, of course, of limited credibility.

But there certainly haven't been more failures than successes in recent years, at this level.

Above all else, I think it's important that the argument stops slipping into what Pearson has done right and wrong over recent years at a different level, though we've all made reference to his past record at some or other point. It's also vital to get away from nonsense like 'if you want to change the manager you're disloyal' (I'm paraphrasing here, and not for one second blaming you for saying this!), or 'he deserves at least a season no matter what', or even 'if Pearson stays we're going down, end of'.

We need to focus on the nature of the current problem, at our current level, and his ability to deal with it. I feel it's too soon to say he can't. We're still only three points away from everyone saying how, on balance, we've had a fairly steady start. But two more disasters and I think the debate will become very hard to brush aside.

lol don't be a baby, you laud it when we are winning, you take it when we are shit. It's five bad games in a row, every manager has had them in their careers, calm down and think about it.

Of course we'll score goals again, and we may score goals with a diamond, or with Nugent up front, or with Mahrez on the bench. But some of these things have, perhaps, not done us any favours up to now. And if we want to start winning games on a relatively frequent basis our set piece delivery and midfield work-rate will have to get better.

I just hope six bad games in a row doesn't slip into eight. Eight bad games in a row isn't something which managers at the wrong end of the Premier League tend to have without losing their jobs at the end of it.

I aint.

Just because I'm not throwing extremes about doesn't mean I'm not disappointed/frustrated/fed up/unhappy. I'm all of that. I love the club and hate to see us performing so badly, especially with the sparse number of games there seems to be.  I like to be positive though. I can see the flaws, I just don't see the benefit of me going mad about it and making claims like "we'll be down by xmas with Pearson in charge" etc...

First of all, it's a bit ridiculous to say that. Second of all, you can't say with certainty after 11 games that Pearson is not a Premier League level manager. It's also equally ridiculous to claim with certainty that he is good enough at this level yet. 11 games simply isn't enough time to make such a statement about his capabilities. It's a pretty fickle attitude a lot of fans have. How many games of real shit have we had to endure? 5 or 6? I agree it's been pretty awful recently. I was at Palace when we went down with a whimper. I watched us crumble vs. Burnley, barely test West Brom. I watched on the TV from afar when Swansea rolled us over. But is it enough for him to lose his job? I don't think so at all. Many fans think too much in the short term, where emotions can get in the way of a lot of rational thought. 

I'm not going to deny that there are some good reasons for criticism about his approach at the moment. Does criticism automatically translate into him being sacked? In my opinion he's got to be given the chance to learn from his mistakes and to try and figure out the approach that will be successful in this league. It's a learning curve for us all: the fans, the players, the manager, the owners. It's no good fans losing the plot after a series of setbacks or a poor run of form. Look at what he's done before. He took a team that had suffered years of mediocrity, instability and crazy decisions, dragged them out of League One and even got them into the Championship play-offs the next year with players like Dany N'Guessan, Wayne Brown, Steve Howard, Paul Gallagher and Robbie Neilson. He may have overseen one of the worst runs in recent times, as well as one of the most heartbreaking Play Off campaigns, but despite this he turned the same team and players around and they stormed the Championship.

There is much past evidence of Pearson dragging us out of tricky situations, as well as other teams such as Southampton and Carlisle. Is a 5/6 game struggle reason to suddenly lose all faith in the man? no. Performances have been poor and pretty much all fans take it to heart (even if some react differently to others). However, I genuinely believe in him, his backroom staff and these players. After their achievements they deserve that belief and that bit of loyalty, even in tough times. I agree he doesn't have much time in the Premier League environment but we know how good we can be under him, even if there are a group of fans that have always disliked him despite the good times. They may think he's "arrogant", "stubborn" or whatever other assumption they can make from limited interaction with the man other than via a TV, a radio or the odd bit of sensationalised headlines they see in the rest of the media. They may never like him and some revel at a time like this in rejuvenating their abuse and negativity. They are also entitled to their opinion but I don't welcome it. I'd rather we all stood by the manager for as long as we possibly could. It's no good fans turning on him after a drop in form.

Anyway, despite all this I do feel, with Sunderland, QPR and Aston Villa coming up, that we should really be starting to perform better and pick up some good points from these games. Should we be in a similar position in 4 games time then I will start to worry a bit more that he isn't cut out for it and. Even then, I'd still think I was probably being a bit premature.

Hopefully we pick up lots of points and this place can be a bit more cheerful. God, it's painful and depressing at the moment.

I aint.

To go through that piece by piece.....

No club knows where the next goal will come from. 6 games ago, Newcastle fans would have told you they were in despair, now Pardew's on for Manager Of The Month. You're presuming Pearson will keep the diamond against Sunderland, when he's just as likely to give Mahrez or Albrighton a run-out. This is a tough, tough division with class players everywhere you look. Away games are especially hard because every team goes for it at home and we don't have the quality to match it, whatever the formation. If these away performances were in the Championship, I'd agree it's not good enough but this is the hardest league in the world and the manager is trying to find a way to get results in it. Who's to say your ideas would have done any better than Pearson's?

Opposition fans will always mock. We do it to others, they do it to us. Whether it's having a shot or a topless guy with a drum. Have a go back and stop whining. They're more likely to start sing "He's gonna cry in a minute" if you get upset by a 5 game winless streak.

Sackable offence? Don't make me laugh. Maybe if you're thinking along the lines of Vincent Tan or Mr Anonymous at Fulham. Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland and Palace have all had winless runs. Are they sacking their managers? No, because a few owners are spotting that changing your manager every 3 months doesn't work. West Ham were shocking at times under Allardyce last year. Did they sack him? No they backed him with cash, he improved the team and now look at them.

All this anti-Pearson bleating is tiresome and embarrassing. In this league I'll be happy with 17th, I'll readily accept we're not going to boss it and we may - occasionally - get a hammering. We've had less than 3 months in this league and a few people are throwing in the towel. Get a backbone, man up and get behind the team and the manager. It's easy being a fan when we get 102 points, not so easy when it's 9.

The pressure will be on him big time if we lose to Sunderland and QPR. I am a supporter of Pearson, he's won me over and I'm behind (wanted him gone when we had the awful spell 2 seasons ago). However, lose these two games and I feel most of the fans might change their perception of him. They are two winnable games. Winnable games where he can't play defensive tactics; 6 points are there for the taking.

We're on a bad run, so maybe the international break has come at a good time. Win against Sunderland and that could kick-start the good form ... easy said than done. 

I wouldn't want to tie myself down to demanding a certain amount of points from the next 2 games. What I would like to see if I was an owner would to be an improvement in the number of good chances we create and possession. If we play well and are unlucky with misses, then that's down to individual faults rather than Pearson.

If we have no shots or look to be showing no attacking intent in the next 2 then I'd start to seriously question the management.

I can't for the life of me see this happening though.

Just because I'm not throwing extremes about doesn't mean I'm not disappointed/frustrated/fed up/unhappy. I'm all of that. I love the club and hate to see us performing so badly, especially with the sparse number of games there seems to be.  I like to be positive though. I can see the flaws, I just don't see the benefit of me going mad about it and making claims like "we'll be down by xmas with Pearson in charge" etc...

First of all, it's a bit ridiculous to say that. Second of all, you can't say with certainty after 11 games that Pearson is not a Premier League level manager. It's also equally ridiculous to claim with certainty that he is good enough at this level yet. 11 games simply isn't enough time to make such a statement about his capabilities. It's a pretty fickle attitude a lot of fans have. How many games of real shit have we had to endure? 5 or 6? I agree it's been pretty awful recently. I was at Palace when we went down with a whimper. I watched us crumble vs. Burnley, barely test West Brom. I watched on the TV from afar when Swansea rolled us over. But is it enough for him to lose his job? I don't think so at all. Many fans think too much in the short term, where emotions can get in the way of a lot of rational thought. 

I'm not going to deny that there are some good reasons for criticism about his approach at the moment. Does criticism automatically translate into him being sacked? In my opinion he's got to be given the chance to learn from his mistakes and to try and figure out the approach that will be successful in this league. It's a learning curve for us all: the fans, the players, the manager, the owners. It's no good fans losing the plot after a series of setbacks or a poor run of form. Look at what he's done before. He took a team that had suffered years of mediocrity, instability and crazy decisions, dragged them out of League One and even got them into the Championship play-offs the next year with players like Dany N'Guessan, Wayne Brown, Steve Howard, Paul Gallagher and Robbie Neilson. He may have overseen one of the worst runs in recent times, as well as one of the most heartbreaking Play Off campaigns, but despite this he turned the same team and players around and they stormed the Championship.

There is much past evidence of Pearson dragging us out of tricky situations, as well as other teams such as Southampton and Carlisle. Is a 5/6 game struggle reason to suddenly lose all faith in the man? no. Performances have been poor and pretty much all fans take it to heart (even if some react differently to others). However, I genuinely believe in him, his backroom staff and these players. After their achievements they deserve that belief and that bit of loyalty, even in tough times. I agree he doesn't have much time in the Premier League environment but we know how good we can be under him, even if there are a group of fans that have always disliked him despite the good times. They may think he's "arrogant", "stubborn" or whatever other assumption they can make from limited interaction with the man other than via a TV, a radio or the odd bit of sensationalised headlines they see in the rest of the media. They may never like him and some revel at a time like this in rejuvenating their abuse and negativity. They are also entitled to their opinion but I don't welcome it. I'd rather we all stood by the manager for as long as we possibly could. It's no good fans turning on him after a drop in form.

Anyway, despite all this I do feel, with Sunderland, QPR and Aston Villa coming up, that we should really be starting to perform better and pick up some good points from these games. Should we be in a similar position in 4 games time then I will start to worry a bit more that he isn't cut out for it and. Even then, I'd still think I was probably being a bit premature.

Hopefully we pick up lots of points and this place can be a bit more cheerful. God, it's painful and depressing at the moment.[/quote

This top post. A well thought out and reasoned post.

I will admit in hindsight I was very angry having forked out a lot of money to watch us play away. You do raise a lot of very good points,I hope you are right.

I take heart with and from your post maybe the defining games will be Sunderland,qpr and villa.

Np proved me wrong last season, but that was last season and i believe not a rash argument to keep him.

I will say this though, I hope he proves me wrong again and we can stay in this league.

The next set of games will certainlydefine that one way or the other.

Hopefully we pick up lots of points and this place can be a bit more cheerful. God, it's painful and depressing at the moment.[/quote

This top post. A well thought out and reasoned post.

I will admit in hindsight I was very angry having forked out a lot of money to watch us play away. You do raise a lot of very good points,I hope you are right.

I take heart with and from your post maybe the defining games will be Sunderland,qpr and villa.

Np proved me wrong last season, but that was last season and i believe not a rash argument to keep him.

I will say this though, I hope he proves me wrong again and we can stay in this league.

The next set of games will certainlydefine that one way or the other.

I want to be right because if I am then not only is it good for Pearson but it's good for this club, which is always the most important thing to me and any fan. I'm not backing Nige out of blind faith, more out of a belief in his abilities and how much of a good thing he has been for this club in recent times. I don't want to let a few poor performances change my mind.

We've certainly got some big games coming up, though. I'm partly excited about us picking up form and partly fearful that we could continue to struggle against teams we are competing against for the drop. I suppose that's the same at any time though!

Just because I'm not throwing extremes about doesn't mean I'm not disappointed/frustrated/fed up/unhappy. I'm all of that. I love the club and hate to see us performing so badly, especially with the sparse number of games there seems to be. I like to be positive though. I can see the flaws, I just don't see the benefit of me going mad about it and making claims like "we'll be down by xmas with Pearson in charge" etc...

Hopefully we pick up lots of points and this place can be a bit more cheerful. God, it's painful and depressing at the moment.

Fantastic post. Nail on the head for me

Very nicely put.

Archived