Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

5 games ago pearson was the next england manager..hope newcastle don't come him for him etc.

There will be other bad runs as long as were in the prem also good runs like the first 5 games!

Only as good as your last game. Things were going his way early doors, that isn't when you see what a manager is made of. Not when 5 shots are equally 5 goals.

It's when it's not going in, players are not playing well and you're not getting results that you see a good manager. And tbh, not even the biggest Pearson fan will say he's handling things well at the minute.

Oh and I'm sick of the ****** on here picking up on people enjoying the good times and having optimism and singing peoples praises as reason to discard there quite legitimate concerns over current matters.

Only as good as your last game. Things were going his way early doors, that isn't when you see what a manager is made of. Not when 5 shots are equally 5 goals.

It's when it's not going in, players are not playing well and you're not getting results that you see a good manager. And tbh, not even the biggest Pearson fan will say he's handling things well at the minute.

T

Oh and I'm sick of the ****** on here picking up on people enjoying the good times and having optimism and singing peoples praises as reason to discard there quite legitimate concerns over current matters.

i would like him to stay. Were in the best postion we have been for years (being 18th to) i have alot more faith with this manager than i did with micky adams in charge!

I would love us to stay up like every leicester fan, imo i think pearson has earned a shot at having a full season in the prem, i still think we will stay up it's going to be a battle but it was never going to be easy was it!

I think the 'you're only as good as your last game' cliché is just that, a cliché. You have to make decisions on long term trends, not specific events.

And whilst you're listening, don't be calling people '******' just because they have a different point of view to you. I'm worried, but I think Nigel will work it out, and we will survive. Who knows if I'm right or you're right? The fact that either of us have a different point of view doesn't make the other a 'disabled', or any other term of abuse.

This forum is a great place for exchange of views amongst City fans. We're all on the same team, so keep it respectful please.

Apologies, maybe a little offensive. Although the amount of times I've seen insults thrown over people saying they want a change is unbelievable, and that is always unchallenged.

I'll rephrase. Just because people enjoy the good times, like Man Utd and the early season form, doesn't mean there opinion should now be ridiculed. There drastic change in opinion is no more drastic than the change in the teams fortunes and how the manager is handling this league.

A good start is just that, and nobody was to know we couldn't kick on in a similar way to Southampton, who incidentally were tipped to be down there, or start a rut we are in. You would be forgiven for thinking leicester could overachieve, I mean all the pundits did, but it doesn't take away the mess we are in now, and it is a mess make no doubt about that.

I firmly believe he has 2 games to save his job, and we may be better with a change if no wins come. This league is unforgiving and we cannot be cut adrift.

I really don't want to get rid of the man that has turned this club around. He always deserved a fair crack at this league regardless. The only scary thing recently has been his selection and tactics, but he still has my faith. As always though it's what the owners want, they spoke about Europe before, so they'll not want relegation.

I really don't want to get rid of the man that has turned this club around. He always deserved a fair crack at this league regardless. The only scary thing recently has been his selection and tactics, but he still has my faith. As always though it's what the owners want, they spoke about Europe before, so they'll not want relegation.

Llyod Dyer probably deserved a crack too.. No room for sentiment.

But you're right, relegation would be a disaster for the owners.

Apologies, maybe a little offensive. Although the amount of times I've seen insults thrown over people saying they want a change is unbelievable, and that is always unchallenged.

I'll rephrase. Just because people enjoy the good times, like Man Utd and the early season form, doesn't mean there opinion should now be ridiculed. There drastic change in opinion is no more drastic than the change in the teams fortunes and how the manager is handling this league.

A good start is just that, and nobody was to know we couldn't kick on in a similar way to Southampton, who incidentally were tipped to be down there, or start a rut we are in. You would be forgiven for thinking leicester could overachieve, I mean all the pundits did, but it doesn't take away the mess we are in now, and it is a mess make no doubt about that.

I firmly believe he has 2 games to save his job, and we may be better with a change if no wins come. This league is unforgiving and we cannot be cut adrift.

What "mess"? We're in an unfortunate position with the run of three straight defeats, that may be. Overall, over-exaggeration where over-exaggeration is due. That is not the case here.

We're still not at the halfway mark, we have shown we can keep up with the bigger teams. We have been lucky to beat Stoke, we have been unlucky with the defeat against West Brom. We have played some great football (at the start), we've had terrible performances (Swansea away).

Like I've mentioned in another thread, one ought to give him until Christmas to assess his PL strategy in a more complete context.

This league is more open than ever - there is no indication yet the three clubs at the bottom or at least the teams in between 6th and 18th are going to be drifting apart. There's no gap opening as in previous years.

Personally, I think it's going to be a nervy end to the season for a lot of teams this campaign.

People calling for him to be sacked already are overzealous and overreacting.

The thing is I think th manager is learning about this league as well as the players, NP picks the team he feels is well suited to the next opposition so it could be that we need Vardys pace out wide one game or Mahrez trickery the next.  He has found out you cant play like we did last season in the championship as we will get turned over quite a lot because most teams if not all in this league play with 3 midfielders and if we played 4-4-2 we would get overran in that dept

Pretty disgusted people are considering NP should go. If he'd gone after Barnsley debacle we would certainly not be in this league now, learn from the past.....

Agreed. I dont see much good changing the manager mid-campaign. Pretty sure most teams fighting for relegation that change managers usually end up still being relegated. 

I don't care how many pages I want Pearson to stay regardless of what happens this season. I think if he's given time then he'll prove he can take the club forwards. The only way you accelerate at the same pace as Man City is if you have their money, or Southampton if you have their academy (though see what happens when they all get bought)

If he's as bad as you make him out to be, why would they?

And you could say that about any manager so I don't really get your point?

I think my point is obvious. He wouldn't feel like he owed us anything if we go down. We shouldn't feel like we owe him anything because he took us up. He did what he was paid to do.

And if he isn't doing it now, remove him. No sentiment.

We've had ups and downs under Pearson before, where people said we should get rid as he's not good enough. The first season back after Sven, the dip in form the season after. Every time we've eventually come back stronger. Every single year under him we've improved our position and never gone backwards.

So why, after 5 bad results would anyone once again jump on the lets get rid, he's not good enough bandwagon. Was being proved wrong twice already not enough for most people to hold fire a bit?

Whether he eventually turns out to be good enough time will decide. But, for me the past dictates he should get the chance to prove it one way or another. I've said it before, he's slow to correct mistakes, he's slow to see his own mistakes, but we usually end up getting there.

This season is going to be more unforgiving on him as we were always going to be in real risk of going down. In previous years we haven't been and he's been afforded time to correct any mistakes. This year his learning curve (and the players) needs to happen in quick time, otherwise he might not get the chance again at this level.

I think my point is obvious. He wouldn't feel like he owed us anything if we go down. We shouldn't feel like we owe him anything because he took us up. He did what he was paid to do.

And if he isn't doing it now, remove him. No sentiment.

I agree we shouldn't feel like we owe him or anybody anything. No one person is bigger than the club. I do however think it could set a bad precedent to change the manager every time we have a bad 5 or 6 games. We've had our days of revolving doors for managers and players and it brought about our bleakest time imo.

Serious question, if we replaced NP with a manager of your choice how long would you give him before saying enough is enough if we continued this form?

I agree we shouldn't feel like we owe him or anybody anything. No one person is bigger than the club. I do however think it could set a bad precedent to change the manager every time we have a bad 5 or 6 games. We've had our days of revolving doors for managers and players and it brought about our bleakest time imo.

Serious question, if we replaced NP with a manager of your choice how long would you give him before saying enough is enough if we continued this form?

Whether he would consider us I don't know, but I would be looking to bring in moyes or pulis. Pulis should moyes not consider which is likely. Seems to be the consensus across the forum around who would replace him.

He seems a little marmite but I don't care how we stay up personally and at least he has firm ideas on how to survive in this league, what he wants and how he ia going to go about it.

That is my biggest concern wth Pearson is that he has changed our style and doesn't seem to have any idea of HOW we will play to start with. He will call it 'options' but all it's worked out to be is a mish mash of passing but no creativity and lumping the ball forward to heads or over the top to vardy, none of which are working.

As for how long do I give him? They are managers that have proven they don't panic even under severe pressure and he may not have had a chance to prove himself yet, but I don't see that in Pearson. I must give him credit for turning things around last season as there were times around Xmas especially when we looked like we could crack and went on an amazing run, but we always looked capable then, and we don't now. So I'd give them until the end of the season, at least I'd be confident that we have the best chance of survival.

Archived