Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

Imagine this place if we sacked Pearson and brought in Dyche lol

As a manager I think he'd be a good choice. His interviews would make the forum implode on a weekly basis.

And we'd have Jones in to replace Drinkwater.

Well reasoned as usual, but I'm cautious. I don't think it's beyond them to bin Pearson off whilst it looks like we can't buy a win on the pitch and whilst someone with a reputation for keeping teams up is available. Do you really think they will chance it and accept relegation in the hope of bouncing back even stronger? I'm not sure they will as there are no guarantees in football and we have a November that proves to be as weak as October, we are in trouble, December is a very tough month and it isn't beyond the realms of possibility we end up falling further behind the others.

We HAVE to get at least 4 points off Sunderland/QPR for me.

Knowing us we'll go and scrape a win at Southampton anyway.

I agree with Dan,

Remember to the owners this is a business, staying up will be critical, how long do wait to stem the tide.

Hello. You've been very quiet lately! Have you been sitting in the corner crying again? I can't really blame you, as there is not much to smile about, is there?

Get mummy to buy you a lollipop. That should make you feel better.  :thumbup:

I'm not happy when we're losing, you got me.

No, he actually started with this style of refreshing honesty at the start of last season when we had to sell Charlie Austin. We know what we are, and within our support there's a strange kind of pride in the us against the rest of the world mentality the Dyche spouts. But I can see why it would annoy outsiders.

Do you honestly think the players appreciate it though? After all they are the ones who will decide your fate.

If you read Savage's column about being in THAT Derby side he says one of the biggest problems was the players were turning up at the ground every week thinking they were going to get beat. Comments like the ones Dyche is making every week is only going to foster that sort of feeling amongst the squad, at the end of the day its just counter-productive. I'd be surprised if some weren't already thinking it.

Another example - Chelsea last season. You had Mourinho talking every week about the squad not being good enough, the players not being ready etc, and lo and behold they won fvck all.

That's before we even get started on the selfish egocentricity of such comments. Both examples the manager fails he gets none of the blame, if he succeeds he gets all of the credit.

Do you honestly think the players appreciate it though? After all they are the ones who will decide your fate.

If you read Savage's column about being in THAT Derby side he says one of the biggest problems was the players were turning up at the ground every week thinking they were going to get beat. Comments like the ones Dyche is making every week is only going to foster that sort of feeling amongst the squad, at the end of the day its just counter-productive. I'd be surprised if some weren't already thinking it.

Another example - Chelsea last season. You had Mourinho talking every week about the squad not being good enough, the players not being ready etc, and lo and behold they won fvck all.

That's before we even get started on the selfish egocentricity of such comments. Both examples the manager fails he gets none of the blame, if he succeeds he gets all of the credit.

Possibly, only time will tell. But he did talk us down for much of the season last year too, and it didn't do much harm.

Possibly, only time will tell. But he did talk us down for much of the season last year too, and it didn't do much harm.

winning breeds confidence though. you win and your manager says you're not world beaters but you keep on winning that's fine, he's keeping your feet on the ground. 

if you haven't won in 10 games, get back home after another defeat and see your manager has said for the 10th game in a row "well obviously we didn't win, my players are shit" you're going to be on a bit of a downer. 

adjusting to the premier league is tough. By being promoted that's the opportunity we got. I think we must wait and give the club time to make the adjustments. Sure I personally think pearson is a little lost at the moment.... and he would be better to take on board some of my own ideas (e.g. always play Marhrez at home so we can break down cynical sides; start vardy and ulloa together - put nugent on the bench; give schlupp a run instead of Koncheski) - but he hasn't ever asked... its just not his style - But I do believe that over the next 10 games we will gat it right. Throwing everything up in the air would be crazy - we just need to let them work through these games.

Well reasoned as usual, but I'm cautious. I don't think it's beyond them to bin Pearson off whilst it looks like we can't buy a win on the pitch and whilst someone with a reputation for keeping teams up is available. Do you really think they will chance it and accept relegation in the hope of bouncing back even stronger? I'm not sure they will as there are no guarantees in football and we have a November that proves to be as weak as October, we are in trouble, December is a very tough month and it isn't beyond the realms of possibility we end up falling further behind the others.

I'm sure there is a chance they might switch managers, I'm not saying there isn't or they won't. Just that how they are currently running things is very different to how things were running it when they first came in. They had their fingers burnt badly last time we decided to change managers and know throwing money at things doesn't guarantee anything, so they will be very cautious and certainly wouldn't have their finger over the button already like some are suggesting they will.

I agree with Dan,

Remember to the owners this is a business, staying up will be critical, how long do wait to stem the tide.

You are right to them it is a business, but I think it's a business very different to what they have experienced before. Look at how their style of managing the club has changed since they arrived.

Sure I personally think pearson is a little lost at the moment.... and he would be better to take on board some of my own ideas (e.g. always play Marhrez at home so we can break down cynical sides; start vardy and ulloa together - put nugent on the bench; give schlupp a run instead of Koncheski) - but he hasn't ever asked... its just not his style.

How many Leicester managers have asked for your ideas?

Hello. You've been very quiet lately! Have you been sitting in the corner crying again? I can't really blame you, as there is not much to smile about, is there?

Get mummy to buy you a lollipop. That should make you feel better.  :thumbup:

its quite inapropriate of u to bring up someones mom mate no need for that

I could just imagine the press confence to announce it, glass breaks and Stone Cold Steve Austins music plays and Dyche walks in signals for a couple of beers to be thrown to him and then sits down to talk about his new job

Haha, he's got the voice for it. 'And thats the bottom line, cos Sean Dyche said so.'

Seriously, we need to ride this out. Pearson deserves a season, it's not like we are cut adrift.

If selling our soul and getting the biggest cùnt in football (pulis) in is the answer, I dread to think what the question is.

Can I ask why you think Pulis is the biggest cvnt in football? Not disputing it but I'm just genuinely curious as to why that is. It's more than down to his style of play surely?

I'm sure there is a chance they might switch managers, I'm not saying there isn't or they won't. Just that how they are currently running things is very different to how things were running it when they first came in. They had their fingers burnt badly last time we decided to change managers and know throwing money at things doesn't guarantee anything, so they will be very cautious and certainly wouldn't have their finger over the button already like some are suggesting they will.

I do agree that the longer they're here, the more they will learn and the more sensible their decision making will be - but I don't think this position is similar to the one we were in 18 months ago when we'd just lost at Watford. They could've easily sacked Pearson then, but who would come in? The difference is unless someone else acts quickly, you have a manager with a reputation for keeping teams up looking for a job available. As I say, I'm not saying I'd go out and get Pulis, but they may see him as someone who will be more likely to keep us up than Pearson.

Time will tell anyway. We might both be right, but I just refuse to rule out the possibility of Pulis being our manager in a month.

Good manager, unproven at this level, very young and a massive gamble! one for the future but not for now imo.

He won't move from the south coast, hence leaving Burnley.

Archived