Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

Absolutely.

Even now, we're doing this on a budget and - as usual- the critics have no better ideas for manager. Give him time, give the team time and we'll be fine.

I'm not one calling him to go, but he needs to start getting results, or the pressure and criticism will get worse.

There are plenty of good managers out there, just depends if they would come to us, I would take moyes if he would come, proved at Everton that on a budget he could maintain premier league survival and more, Everton are a bigger club than us, but financially not top boys in the spending stakes, better off than us though.

I'm not one calling him to go, but he needs to start getting results, or the pressure and criticism will get worse.

There are plenty of good managers out there, just depends if they would come to us, I would take moyes if he would come, proved at Everton that on a budget he could maintain premier league survival and more, Everton are a bigger club than us, but financially not top boys in the spending stakes, better off than us though.

Apparently moyes is nailed on for a job in Spain.

Well, are any of you honestly surprised at the position you are in after tonights game. As a Clarets fan, we have only one or two of the Johnny come lately so called fans that are questioning what our Manager is doing....

The vast majority of Clarets fans knew this season was going to be a monumental task, my point is that I'm sure as a returning side from the Championship, and without spending mega bucks, you're team always knew it was going to be very hard to survive as you will have witnessed, there is a gulf in the quality between the Prem and Championship.

Lets hope two young Managers that gave both our sets of fans week after week success last year are not cast aside when the going gets a little tough. Burnley for one will support their Manager this year, whether we go down or (I was going to say then stay up), but I'll change it slightly to win a game!!

As good old Tammy Wynette said......"stand by your Man"

I'll carry on supporting Pearson, but I am beginning to doubt ability to be a Premiership quality manager. I said at the beginning he would be on a learning curve, but has he learnt anything, other than it's tough managing at this level? He appears to be desperate, and making some very strange, if not panicky, managerial decisions.

I also wonder how things are in the dressing room? Maybe all is not well.

Well if even you are starting to have doubts about Pearson then there must be a problem.

yeah id expect to struggle and be realistic but he could at least try and pretend that you've got a chance. he may as well not have bothered getting you promoted if he was literally going to give up fighting relegation before the season started because "other teams have more money".

anyone who wants pearson out right now is silly. 5 bad games in 18 months is not bad going. as long as he turns it round soon it'll all be fine. if 5 games becomes 10 games and the relegation zone becomes rock bottom he won't last much longer.

But not a single Burnley I know does. I suppose it's all about expectations and realism.

Does the constant bleating on about finances and other teams being in a different league or the "we cant compete" rhetoric not get a bit boring?

Id want a manager that even if we were up against it and low on quality, was coming out with a positive attitude, getting everyone to keep a positivity around the club.

Like i said in the other thread, look at the tone of your post and that of your manager, youve resigned yourself to relegation practically from day 1.

Well, are any of you honestly surprised at the position you are in after tonights game. As a Clarets fan, we have only one or two of the Johnny come lately so called fans that are questioning what our Manager is doing....

The vast majority of Clarets fans knew this season was going to be a monumental task, my point is that I'm sure as a returning side from the Championship, and without spending mega bucks, you're team always knew it was going to be very hard to survive as you will have witnessed, there is a gulf in the quality between the Prem and Championship.

Lets hope two young Managers that gave both our sets of fans week after week success last year are not cast aside when the going gets a little tough. Burnley for one will support their Manager this year, whether we go down or (I was going to say then stay up), but I'll change it slightly to win a game!!

As good old Tammy Wynette said......"stand by your Man"

To be fair start of last season nobody expected you to get promoted, and I should imagine that included your owners.

I think your owners have accepted it as a big pay day, and haven't invested heavily on players, and balanced the books, and improved your training facilities.

I think they expect to get relegated, and look at coming back up next season, in a far better financial position.

Where I think the same will happen to us, the diference is our owners have the money to invest.

Not arrogants or we are bigger club/ spenders etc, just the way I see it.

Pulis anyone?

Don't throw it open to the fans. Mandaric went to sign up Warnock and the knowledgable fanbase pleaded to the Mercury and anyone that would hear them to not employ him. So he went for the popular Holloway instead. Warnock ended up at QPR and took them up, Holloway came here and took us down.

As a group of fans we're a bunch of knee-jerk nancies. We'd sign Pulis and if we were still bottom 3 by January we'd say he wasn't good enough. There's still a few out there that preferred Sven to Pearson, so the guy's got no hope. Two titles and two lots of play-offs and he's still not won some people over.

Frankly if we finish 17th we've done well and there's 6 months to go yet.

To be honest I am 90% sure if we sacked Pearson we would appoint Pulis. It's the obvious candidate.

This is Leicester though. We're probably the club he'd manage to take down lol

In all honesty I'm not even sure our players are suited to his style of play. We aren't a physical side.

Pearson IN any discussion otherwise is folly until end of the season frankly

If this run carries on for another two or three games, there would be a lot of people - some in the media, some on the terraces, some in boardrooms - who will disagree with you.

If it looks more likely than not that he'll take us down, then his job will be at risk. Sometimes this works out - see Pulis, Monk, Pochettino et. al - and sometimes it doesn't - as with Solskjaer, Redknapp. But it's a reality that his job could be at risk in the very near future, so I see no harm in discussing this.

He deserves more time, for me.

Does the constant bleating on about finances and other teams being in a different league or the "we cant compete" rhetoric not get a bit boring?

Id want a manager that even if we were up against it and low on quality, was coming out with a positive attitude, getting everyone to keep a positivity around the club.

Like i said in the other thread, look at the tone of your post and that of your manager, youve resigned yourself to relegation practically from day 1.

No, he actually started with this style of refreshing honesty at the start of last season when we had to sell Charlie Austin. We know what we are, and within our support there's a strange kind of pride in the us against the rest of the world mentality the Dyche spouts. But I can see why it would annoy outsiders.

No, he actually started with this style of refreshing honesty at the start of last season when we had to sell Charlie Austin. We know what we are, and within our support there's a strange kind of pride in the us against the rest of the world mentality the Dyche spouts. But I can see why it would annoy outsiders.

I want to punch his boring gravel throat head off every time he talks about 'markets'.. Top end markets, market forces.. Yawn yawn yawn.

every football fan loves an us against the world situation. loads of managers talk them up too, the likes of mourinho loves doing it. the difference an the thing that would piss me off if I supported burnley is that most managers turn things into an us against the world mentality but we're going to win, dyche has an us against the world mentality and the world won before a ball was even kicked.

Archived