Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our players out on loan - 2014/5

Was at the Scunthorpe game. Hopper had a poor game but he was left isolated for the first half against what was an experienced and strong MK defence. Took his goal really well when it came and ran himself into the ground. Not much else to say on him today though.

herve-pepe-ngoma280-165443515-012940_300

Corby Town have agreed a loan deal to bring Leicester City defender Hervé Pepe-N’Goma to Steel Park.

N’Goma is an 18-year-old central defender, who was voted as the Barclays Premier League club’s Academy Player of the Year last season.

The Frenchman, who has progressed through the academy at Leicester City, captained the Under 18’s in 2013/14 and has been tipped for a very bright future in the professional game. He already has experience of playing at Steel Park, having completed 90 minutes for the Leicester City XI against Corby Town during pre-season.

Steelmen manager Tommy Wright told corbytownfc.co.uk; “I am delighted to have Hervé on board, he is an extremely talented player who has the potential to have a big future ahead of him.

“It is great for us to add another solid central defender to our pack, especially with Edi Appleton’s impending suspension coming up. “I would like to thank Leicester City for allowing Hervé to join us and we look forward to playing a role in his continued development.”

N’Goma joins on an initial one month loan and is eligible to go straight into the squad for Saturday’s trip to Paulton Rovers in the Evo Stik League Southern Premier Division.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the wrong thread - couldn't immediately find a "players out on loan" thread? Was sure we had one, but couldn't see it?

Anyway - who's this guy Adam Dawson? Never heard of him as I don't get to see any of the Development Squad games. He'll be 23 this year but all he can muster are loans to Conference sides – so not sure he'll ever make it. Anyone ever see him play? Any good? Just intrigued as I've genuinely never heard him being mentioned.  

Adam Dawson extends Bristol Rovers loan deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31439978

Anyway - who's this guy Adam Dawson? Never heard of him as I don't get to see any of the Development Squad games. He'll be 23 this year but all he can muster are loans to Conference sides – so not sure he'll ever make it. Anyone ever see him play? Any good? Just intrigued as I've genuinely never heard him being mentioned. 

I think he's out of contract in the summer. He signed a 1 year extension last summer I believe but probably time up for him at Leicesterr in the summer judging on his 1 year deal and him being 22.

• 2 weeks later...

Development Squad midfielder Michael Cain made his 24th appearance in a Walsall shirt in the Saddlers’ 1-1 League 1 draw at promotion-hopefuls Bradford on Saturday. 

Cain – currently on a season-long loan with Dean Smith’s outfit – played 90 minutes in the clash as Jordy Hiwula-Mayifuila cancelled out Billy Clarke’s strike. 

Cain will hope to be involved in Tuesday’s trip to fourth-placed Preston North End where a win for Walsall could take them within a point of the League 1 play-off places. 

Under-21s striker Tom Hopper made his ninth appearance for Scunthorpe in their 2-0 League 1 loss to Preston on Saturday. 

Hopper is currently on loan until the end of the season, and has recently earned the praise of Iron manager Mark Robins for his fine form in a Scunthorpe jersey, having already scored four goals for the Glanford Park outfit. 

Strikes from Daniel Johnson and Paul Gallagher, who made his 40th appearance for the Lilywhites this season, saw Scunthorpe suffer their first loss in four games. 

While Hopper will hope to put in another good display for Scunthorpe when they host Barnsley in the league on Tuesday, Gallagher could come up against fellow City loan star Cain on Tuesday. 

You can watch a full review on Tom's time on loan at Scunthorpe on Foxes Player here.

Jacob Blyth, who is currently on loan at Burton Albion until the end of the 2014/15 campaign, played no part in his side’s 3-1 League 2 win at Dagenham and Redbridge on Saturday. 

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink’s men move three points clear of Shrewsbury at the top of the table thanks to goals from Adam McGurk, Abdenasser El Khayati and Damien McCrory. 

Blyth will could next be involved in Tuesday’s trip to mid-table Accrington, as Burton look to extend their unbeaten run to 14 games. 

Under-21s defender Callum Elder played his eighth game for Mansfield Town in their 3-0 League 2 loss to Oxford United on Saturday. 

The Australian youth international played 90 minutes in the defeat as Alex MacDonald’s brace and Danny Hylton’s spot-kick handed all three points to the hosts. 

Adam Murray’s men next host Dagenham and Redbridge on Saturday, with a victory able to take the Stags seven points clear of the drop-zone. 

Hervé Pepe-Ngoma helped Evo-Stik South side Corby Town to a 3-0 win over Frome Town on Sunday after recently joining on a one-month loan deal. 

The powerful defender’s side secured the three points thanks to two goals from Shane Byrne and a strike from Wilson Carvalho. 

Pepe-Ngoma will hope to continue his fine form for the Steelmen when they host Biggleswade Town on Wednesday evening. 

Winger Adam Dawson played 65 minutes in Bristol Rovers’ 1-0 Vanarama Conference triumph over Altrincham, which moved the Gas within a point of league-leaders Barnet. 

Dawson delivered a corner for Tom Parkes, who headed in the only goal of the game on the stroke of half-time to hand Rovers all three points. 

Dawson could make his fifth appearance for Bristol – now unbeaten in 10 games in all competitions – on Tuesday when they host Braintree. 
Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/loan-round-up-six-city-stars-in-action-2291246.aspx#uMR5Socs4rSXtEbv.99

• 2 weeks later...

Stephen Hunt, Chris Wood and Teddy Bishop are amongst the starters for the U21s in this afternoon’s game against Colchester United at Playford Road (KO 1pm). The U’s include on-loan Town striker Jack Marriott and ex-Blues midfielder Byron Lawrence.

Hopper has played since the end of Jan with a broken toe. Does it show dedication on his part or a bit of negligence from Scunthorpe if they allow a player who they don't own to play with an injury?

Scunthorpe have been in constant contact with Leicester about the injury. Leicester have been happy for him to play. There's not much you can do about his broken toe but 2-3 weeks of rest looks like the option now.

Scunthorpe have been in constant contact with Leicester about the injury. Leicester have been happy for him to play. There's not much you can do about his broken toe but 2-3 weeks of rest looks like the option now.

I'm amazed he's been playing with a broken toe for two months, glad he's finally being rested, looks a top prospect.

I'm amazed he's been playing with a broken toe for two months, glad he's finally being rested, looks a top prospect.

He's been having injections I think. He started really well, scoring plenty. Unsurprisingly his performance dropped off after the injury and being pushed out to play on the left of a front three. Has looked like a decent player to be fair and apparently Pearson and co. do rate him pretty highly.

Archived