Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Rumble's Ramble

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well?

I have not posted on here in ages as I wanted to try and live a real proper life but I failed so thought I would come back.

S what should we do?  We are bottom of the league, playing badly and things look a bit bleak.  Because of this some people are calling for Pearson's head and. whilst I do not agree with them, I do not want to just shout them down as it is quite clear to see why people might want him gone.  I just think we should give him a go. 

I think it boils down to one question for me: "Has Pearson earned the right to be given a chance?". 

I think he has.  It is no hyperbole to say he has been our best manager since O'Neill and he literally saved us from our lowest ebb.  That sounds emotive but it is true.  He restored pride to the club for me.  He made me proud to be a Leicester fan again.  He seemed to do everything in just the right manner and through everything he seemed to keep his dignity.

I think, because of this, we should stick with him.  Everyone always moans about the state of modern football and the mercenary tactics of it all then some people seem to revel in wanting a man sacked.  Like I said, I understand the frustrations but I think, as I said before, he has earned the right to be given a chance in the premiership.  This is his first season and it is a learning curve.  I am of the mind that he will get it right, I still think we will stay up (probably by the skin of our teeth but oh well).  I just would hate to see us sack him and I would hate to see him manage somewhere else.  He has done nothing wrong until this season.  Some of our fans seem to think we have a divine right to be in the premiership but so do the fans of about 40 other clubs in this country,  Despite what some people try and claim, we punched above our weight under O'Neill.  We are where we probably deserve to be based on size/fanbase/resources/etc.  Somewhere within the bottom of the Premiership and the top of the Championship.  That is not saying we should not aim higher or "settle" for up and down but we should have more humility about it.  We will probably always be a bit of a yoyo club based on our size and fan base.  Sometimes we will be in the premiership and sometimes the Championship.  e might as well try and enjoy football a little bit?

This is a forum and of course people can vent their frustrations but some people on here seem to forget that football is a form of entertainment.  Last season was amazing and this season we have had some ups and downs so far but if we do not enjoy where we are right now we will literally never enjoy football.  Of course we can get frustrated when we lose but some of the stuff on here verges on inappropriate.  "We played badly I am so p1ssed off" is fine but "Pearson is a c+nt and I hate all of our players and I could do better and we should get in Pulis and I want to rub the end of my tiny nob on pearson's face whilst foaming at the mouth with bile fuelled anger that a team I support is not beating some other teams I dont support" is just mental!  We may as well just go home or support Chelsea.  Some of our players are not as good as some of the players in the Premiership.  To me this seems fairly obvious and what more can we expect?  We are just not a big club yet, we need a year or two to even get close the the level of some teams in the Premiership.  What we do seem to have though is a young manager who may or may not yet come good.  A young squad who may or may not just get better.  A team sprirt that, although we have a had a few bad weeks, seems to still be better than it has been for years.  This could or could not be the start of something.  But in my opinion we may as well give it a chance.  We can fecking do this!!  I certainly understand people wanting Pearson out but I do not want to campaign for and revel in the sacking of soemone that seems a decent man and who has given us a bit of pride back in recent years.

Basically, we are doing a wee bit shite right now and things are a little worrying but I personally feel Pearson has done enough to have earned the right to be given a chance.  If he hasn't earned that right then no manager ever can.  He got us promoted from League 1 to the Premiership.  What else could he have done?

Anyway, I love you Pearson and if you fancy a wee bumming let me know.  You are a big brooding hulk of a man who I imagine is packing a serious wanger in them there tracksuits but I reckon you'll be a sensitive lover.

Rumble.

X

Of all the reasons to keep a manager, loyalty is the silliest. If you think Pearson will keep us up for the next few seasons then fine, but don't keep him on as we hurtle back towards the Championship just because he restored a bit of pride after the Allen - Megson - Holloway debacle.

As for humility and where we 'deserve to be' - how very British. It's a sport, the league is not ranked on city size or fan expectations. It's decided on quality of play. For the first time in ages we have a chance to establish ourselves in the Premiership. I find it baffling that some people would honestly prefer to go down than sack Pearson (some posters have openly stated this).

Aye, i understand what you are saying but sacking Pearson is no more a certainty of survival as keeping him is of relegation.  There are so many factors at play and I believe (as I did say on my post) that Pearson will keep us up and that is based on previous results, success, form and yes, a tiny bit of loyalty but it is certainly not the main reason.  All I was saying is that I personally feel that he has earned the right to be given a fair crack at it.  Thouhg I do inderstand your concerns I feel that sacking him is just as big a risk as keeping him in terms of survival or relegation and that I personally would rather keep him as i think he can do it.  But yeah you raise some valid points.

Oh, and as for the humility bit, I do not mean we should be where we are based on size else there would be no point playing we could just rank each team each year based on capacity.  I just mean that we certainy should not ct as if we have a right to be anywhere as we just are not a team that can claim to deserve to be anywhere near the top at the moment.  We need a few years to concolidate and build.  We all want the same things i guess we just have different ideas about how to get there.

Of all the reasons to keep a manager, loyalty is the silliest. If you think Pearson will keep us up for the next few seasons then fine, but don't keep him on as we hurtle back towards the Championship just because he restored a bit of pride after the Allen - Megson - Holloway debacle.

As for humility and where we 'deserve to be' - how very British. It's a sport, the league is not ranked on city size or fan expectations. It's decided on quality of play. For the first time in ages we have a chance to establish ourselves in the Premiership. I find it baffling that some people would honestly prefer to go down than sack Pearson (some posters have openly stated this).

And if we sack Pearson AND go down? The two are not mutually exclusive. I find it baffling that people seem to think that replacing a manager, even a bad one, will instantly guarentee success. This isn't saying, keep Pearson and we'll stay up, rather an understanding that "faith" is derived from previous experiances and previous experiences is that the myriads of managers we have had over the past 10 years have made very little difference, until Pearson came along. Therefore I have "faith" enough to at least stick with him - I've already seen what changing managers does.

And if we sack Pearson AND go down? The two are not mutually exclusive. I find it baffling that people seem to think that replacing a manager, even a bad one, will instantly guarentee success. This isn't saying, keep Pearson and we'll stay up, rather an understanding that "faith" is derived from previous experiances and previous experiences is that the myriads of managers we have had over the past 10 years have made very little difference, until Pearson came along. Therefore I have "faith" enough to at least stick with him - I've already seen what changing managers does.

I don't mean that. Some posters on here have actually stated they would rather keep Pearson and go down than change the manager and stay up, I imagine because they crave some kind of stability in the fickle and hypocritical world of football.

As for humility and where we 'deserve to be' - how very British. It's a sport, the league is not ranked on city size or fan expectations. It's decided on quality of play. For the first time in ages we have a chance to establish ourselves in the Premiership.

Because of Nigel.

I find it baffling that some people would honestly prefer to go down than sack Pearson (some posters have openly stated this).

It depends, I would rather us stick with a sensible policy of recruitment and improvement, and if we go down we will come straight back up.

I don't want us to do what QPR did a few years ago, sack Warnock bring in Hughes, thrown ridiculous amounts of money at the "problem" and yes they stayed up under Hughes, but got relegated the following year spending even more money and now three years later they look odds on to be relegated again and no better than us. Of course we could do a Southampton, but that is the exception rather than rule.

We demand loyalty from our manager and players, is it so much to ask to expect it from our fans? Pearson is in a better position than anyone to assess our squad and make the signings needed in January and to not just throw money at it. We don't need to stay up this season, our survival as a club doesn't depend on it, what we need is to have a clear strategy on how to progress on and off the field and not turn into a laughing stock like QPR.

Because of Nigel.

Partly. Mostly because of the ownership. To claim otherwise is naive.

Just for the record, I like Pearson. But as for loyalty, he's walked out on us once. I'm sure he would do it again if a better job offer came along. Is doubt he's quite the bastion of old-school football values and uber-masculinity some on here long him to be.

The only loyalty in football is from the fans to their club.

Partly. Mostly because of the ownership. To claim otherwise is naive.

Just for the record, I like Pearson. But as for loyalty, he's walked out on us once. I'm sure he would do it again if a better job offer came along. Is doubt he's quite the bastion of old-school football values and uber-masculinity some on here long him to be.

The only loyalty in football is from the fans to their club.

Please explain how it is mostly to do with the owners?

They made some terrible errors with Sven and Sousa and throwing money around, they got two things right replacing Sven with Nigel, and not sacking him when we had a terrible run in 2013. The rest is down to Nigel and his team. Yes the owners have improved facilities and other areas and made the club more attractive, but I would like you to explain how they deserve more credit for our success than Nigel.

I don't mean that. Some posters on here have actually stated they would rather keep Pearson and go down than change the manager and stay up, I imagine because they crave some kind of stability in the fickle and hypocritical world of football.

Who has said that?

Spot on. Too many people putting chucking out the word sentimentality when it has nothing to do with that. If I thought Pearson was utterly useless I'd get rid of him today, but I don't based on him having proved a lot to me already and like you say, having seen changing managers not work for the last decade and sticking with one through a tough spell come up trumps.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well?

I have not posted on here in ages as I wanted to try and live a real proper life but I failed so thought I would come back.

S what should we do? We are bottom of the league, playing badly and things look a bit bleak. Because of this some people are calling for Pearson's head and. whilst I do not agree with them, I do not want to just shout them down as it is quite clear to see why people might want him gone. I just think we should give him a go.

I think it boils down to one question for me: "Has Pearson earned the right to be given a chance?".

I think he has. It is no hyperbole to say he has been our best manager since O'Neill and he literally saved us from our lowest ebb. That sounds emotive but it is true. He restored pride to the club for me. He made me proud to be a Leicester fan again. He seemed to do everything in just the right manner and through everything he seemed to keep his dignity.

I think, because of this, we should stick with him. Everyone always moans about the state of modern football and the mercenary tactics of it all then some people seem to revel in wanting a man sacked. Like I said, I understand the frustrations but I think, as I said before, he has earned the right to be given a chance in the premiership. This is his first season and it is a learning curve. I am of the mind that he will get it right, I still think we will stay up (probably by the skin of our teeth but oh well). I just would hate to see us sack him and I would hate to see him manage somewhere else. He has done nothing wrong until this season. Some of our fans seem to think we have a divine right to be in the premiership but so do the fans of about 40 other clubs in this country, Despite what some people try and claim, we punched above our weight under O'Neill. We are where we probably deserve to be based on size/fanbase/resources/etc. Somewhere within the bottom of the Premiership and the top of the Championship. That is not saying we should not aim higher or "settle" for up and down but we should have more humility about it. We will probably always be a bit of a yoyo club based on our size and fan base. Sometimes we will be in the premiership and sometimes the Championship. e might as well try and enjoy football a little bit?

This is a forum and of course people can vent their frustrations but some people on here seem to forget that football is a form of entertainment. Last season was amazing and this season we have had some ups and downs so far but if we do not enjoy where we are right now we will literally never enjoy football. Of course we can get frustrated when we lose but some of the stuff on here verges on inappropriate. "We played badly I am so p1ssed off" is fine but "Pearson is a c+nt and I hate all of our players and I could do better and we should get in Pulis and I want to rub the end of my tiny nob on pearson's face whilst foaming at the mouth with bile fuelled anger that a team I support is not beating some other teams I dont support" is just mental! We may as well just go home or support Chelsea. Some of our players are not as good as some of the players in the Premiership. To me this seems fairly obvious and what more can we expect? We are just not a big club yet, we need a year or two to even get close the the level of some teams in the Premiership. What we do seem to have though is a young manager who may or may not yet come good. A young squad who may or may not just get better. A team sprirt that, although we have a had a few bad weeks, seems to still be better than it has been for years. This could or could not be the start of something. But in my opinion we may as well give it a chance. We can fecking do this!! I certainly understand people wanting Pearson out but I do not want to campaign for and revel in the sacking of soemone that seems a decent man and who has given us a bit of pride back in recent years.

Basically, we are doing a wee bit shite right now and things are a little worrying but I personally feel Pearson has done enough to have earned the right to be given a chance. If he hasn't earned that right then no manager ever can. He got us promoted from League 1 to the Premiership. What else could he have done?

Anyway, I love you Pearson and if you fancy a wee bumming let me know. You are a big brooding hulk of a man who I imagine is packing a serious wanger in them there tracksuits but I reckon you'll be a sensitive lover.

Rumble.

X

Not a bad post in defence of the manager.

Disagree on the bit about punching above our weight under O'Neal though. Three league Cup finals winning two narrowly losing one, and three top ten finishes proves in no uncertain terms that we were not punching above our weight as you put it.

To prove the point the team O'Neal put together then went top of the premiership under Taylor until he started tinkering and dismantling that great team and bringing in his players the likes of which were Akinbiyi, Junior Lewis, Dennis Wise etc.

I am sometimes amazed when O'Neals record at City is frowned upon as some sort of luck etc by fans who didn't witness the spectacle or were too young to remember.

Please explain how it is mostly to do with the owners?

They made some terrible errors with Sven and Sousa and throwing money around, they got two things right replacing Sven with Nigel, and not sacking him when we had a terrible run in 2013. The rest is down to Nigel and his team. Yes the owners have improved facilities and other areas and made the club more attractive, but I would like you to explain how they deserve more credit for our success than Nigel.

I wasn't talking about previous success, I said that we have a chance of establishing ourselves in the Premiership for years now and that's because of their financial backing.

Who has said that?

I'm not going to trawl threads for the quotes but I've read on a couple of occasions posts saying something along the lines "I'd rather go down with Pearson than sack him". 

Archived